What's new

Breakthrough I might have a way to figure out Cyrax Toasty Boost!

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I did only b2 with Jade for about an hour and didn't get a single Dan Forden, and then did accidentaly only 1 uppercut and Forden came out. lol
Check?

Kenshi - not:

BBB 1/2/3/4
BFF 1/2/3/4

I may redo BFF3 and BFF4.

MOE30W If you want to do the up inputs for the back command columns that would be appreciated (BFU, BBU, BDU, etc)

Pig Of The Hut Can you confirm whether the inputs are unique? Or could they use existing characters inputs (like Sheeva's ddf4 for example could be Kenshi's).

TylerLantern This is something that needs to be tested with 2 people, but i appreciate your efforts. The fact that you couldn't TB while frozen means that its not 100% confirmed.

I've moved onto Rain for the day (maybe because of Hurricane Sandy?)

I have tons of inputs to post, plus another pattern.

-Rain vs Rain
-Rooftop
-after attempting TB, let clock run out (it'll usually go 3 rounds, but if it goes 2, then let the clock run out on the first round of the next game),
at the rematch screen, select rematch, and you should have your next TB waiting for you.

a. first time was first game
b. second time was second game

third time ended up being 6 or 7 games... but still, 3 toastys in 15 minutes. This pattern works, and after each toasty attempt you can just chill and relax :)

Much inputs and toasty failure videos on the way (i have dan forden paused right now, any inputs to try?)

BTW - I am definitely thinking all the DLCs have the same pattern. Maybe similar to Kratos? We need his! It might help. Arrow related.... hmm i haven't tried ddf for ken and rain...

WORD OF ADVICE - Don't ever do ddf3, waste of a toasty, he ends up doing the waterball which takes 8 years to finish.

Also - I am safe from the Hurricane. It was pretty bad, but im still posting and toasting :D (Walt Clyde Frazier reference anyone?)

rain -

ffb3

dbb1, dbb2, dbb3, dbb4,

ffd1, ffd2, ffd3, ffd4,

fdd1, fdd2, fdd3, fdd4,

fdf1, fdf2?? (need to watch video to confirm)

bbb 1/2/3/4

bff4, bff3, bff1

ddf2, ddf4, ddf1, ddf3

bbd1, bbd2,

dfd1, dfd3, dfd4

dbd2

fbd 1/2/3/4

bbd2

TylerLantern

POWER OF FEAR
TylerLantern This is something that needs to be tested with 2 people, but i appreciate your efforts. The fact that you couldn't TB while frozen means that its not 100% confirmed.
I started thinking about that this morning. I had some free time at work this morning and got it going with Kabal vs Sub, and I did the Toasty Boost while being combo'd by Kabal. Also, decided to test it again while being frozen, so I got a guy at work to help me with that as well, and the outcome was, he uppercut me into ice clone, I got toasty boost while being frozen, and he was able to finish the combo before I became un-frozen. No video because of being at work, but when I get home, I will throw something together to confirm it. I hope you find Rain's TB. Has no DLC's TB been found yet?

I started thinking about that this morning. I had some free time at work this morning and got it going with Kabal vs Sub, and I did the Toasty Boost while being combo'd by Kabal. Also, decided to test it again while being frozen, so I got a guy at work to help me with that as well, and the outcome was, he uppercut me into ice clone, I got toasty boost while being frozen, and he was able to finish the combo before I became un-frozen. No video because of being at work, but when I get home, I will throw something together to confirm it. I hope you find Rain's TB. Has no DLC's TB been found yet?
That's a big help. Thanks a lot :)

Continue testing if you'd like. You can also test end of round TBs too. Pretty sure neither player can input there.

One last thing, test to see if you can hold block while performing TBs.

No luck with DLC's yet, but i will keep moving across the charts. Just hope to see more people posting.

Kosu

Noob
Did some testing..

uf+2, 2,1~net, uf+2, 2,1~EXbomb, b+2, Fb, 1,2,1~Cb, dash~net, dash~b+2, d+2 (toasty), 3,3~net, tele, f+2~xray... 104%

uf+2, 2,1~net, uf+2, 2,1~EXbomb, b+2, Fb, 1,2,1~Cb, dash~net, dash~b+2, d+2 (toasty), 3~EXbomb, 3~EXbomb, 3~EXbomb, 3~net, jk, d+2... 111%

Tested on kabal at midscreen...

Are ou going to NEC bro??
I think that possible to input also is:

uf+2, 2,1~net, uf+2, 2,1~EXbomb, b+2, EXbomb, EXbomb~Fb, 1,2,1~Cb, dash~net, dash~b+2, d+2 (toasty), 3~EXbomb, 3~EXbomb, 3~EXbomb, 3~net, jk, d+2 122% midscreen

If Dan not pop out:

uf+2, 2,1~net, uf+2, 2,1~EXbomb, b+2, EXbomb, EXbomb~Fb, 1,2,1~Cb, dash~net, dash~b+2, d+2, 3,3~net, jk, d+2 101% midscreen

TB Unbrakable: 2~Exb, Exb, Exb~Cb, d+2 (taoasty), Exb, Exb, Exb~bf2 74% midscreen

TylerLantern

POWER OF FEAR
That's a big help. Thanks a lot :)

Continue testing if you'd like. You can also test end of round TBs too. Pretty sure neither player can input there.

One last thing, test to see if you can hold block while performing TBs.

No luck with DLC's yet, but i will keep moving across the charts. Just hope to see more people posting.
Yeah, I have been trying end of round TBs also, but no luck on getting a Toasty at the end of a round. I doubt you can do them at the end of the round as well, but still needs to be tested to be sure. I will also try some inputs with the DLC.

As for everyone else, if you get even 20 minutes of free time, try to get a Toasty and just try some inputs. It will be awesome to get the entire cast's TBs.

Jade - Failure of the Toastys

I went ahead and tried the leftover inputs from other groups for her:

uuu4 - jade
ddu3 - jade
ddu4 - jade
ffb3 - kano
ddf1 - jade, kano
bbd2 - jade

I believe i already tried Jade ffb3 last week, but i'd have to look through the thread

I had no luck on Kano, but if you want, you can tell me which of the remaining inputs have been tried for the remaining characters. I tried Kano before, but he wouldn't come out.

Some of the inputs may have been late, i have Dan Forden paused on the screen right now, so if you have any inputs, lay em on me.

Enjoy the video:

Rain - Failure of the Toastys

ffb3

dbb1, dbb2, dbb3, dbb4,

ffd1, ffd2, ffd3, ffd4,

bff1 bff3

fdd1, fdd2, fdd3, fdd4,

bbb 1/2/3/4

bff4, bff3, bff1

ddf2, ddf4, ddf1, ddf3

bbd1, bbd2,

dfd1, dfd3, dfd4

dbd2

fbd 1/2/3/4

bbd2

bfd1, bfd2, bfd3, bfd4

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Check for Jade I also tried dduu, ddud, uuf3, uub3, uud1/2/3/4, ffu3, bbu3, ddu1/2/3/4/R1/L1. No boost. The most obvious ddd3 doesn't work as well.
These remained unchecked if you want to help more dfd 1/2/4, dff 1/2/4, dfb 1/2/4, dbd 1/2/4.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
im sorry if im missed answer but someone suggested a few pages back testing if instead of say barakas inputs being uud3 that it is ud3 and we all putting in a extra input for no reason? that it is a 2 directions rather than 3

also we must still test getting input while holding block. dan doesnt want to ome out and play for me today for raka or mimi

TylerLantern

POWER OF FEAR
Here is the video of Sub Zero Toasty Boost while in the middle of a combo to confirm it is possible while being combo'd.

This leads me to believe it is definitely possible against Kabal. So, if Kabal catches you with b121, right after the end of the string, do the TB inputs every time just incase, because you will get it even if you instantly do it.

InFlames

dead
Here is the video of Sub Zero Toasty Boost while in the middle of a combo to confirm it is possible while being combo'd.

This leads me to believe it is definitely possible against Kabal. So, if Kabal catches you with b121, right after the end of the string, do the TB inputs every time just incase, because you will get it even if you instantly do it.
666th post on this thread. :eek:

That's as much confirmation as i need. Thank you, Tyler.

So it's confirmed now the earliest you can do a toasty is after he says toasty. It's fair game. No doubt about it.

Keep in mind though, that Dan Forden sometimes will pop up later then others. My Scorpion TB vid is a good example of him popping out late.

Prinz - I'll see whats up. I'm working on finding SOMETHING. Seriously guys, we should be working on Scorpion. I think that's our closest bet to finding the next 3 or 4.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Prinz - I'll see whats up. I'm working on finding SOMETHING. Seriously guys, we should be working on Scorpion. I think that's our closest bet to finding the next 3 or 4.
SCORPION:

Scorp

Not:

BBD1
FFD1
FFB1
BBF1
FDB1
FBB1

Maybe:

DDF1
DDB1
UUU1
FFF1
FFU1
BFD1
FBF1
FBD1
FBU1
FDF1
FDD1
FDU1
FUF1
FUB1
FUD1
FUU1

I forgot about Scorpion's FFD1. I may have done the TB with it, but ended up with the scenario i mentioned with Sub Zero where i didn't see the words TOASTY BOOST flash across but MIGHT have noticed the X-RAY signal go off. Has anyone checked FFD1 again?

BTW, i have the game paused with Dan Forden on screen. Anyone got any Rain suggestions?

BFF1
DDF1
DFD1

Might try:
UUU4
DDU3
DDU4

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I forgot about Scorpion's FFD1. I may have done the TB with it, but ended up with the scenario i mentioned with Sub Zero where i didn't see the words TOASTY BOOST flash across but MIGHT have noticed the X-RAY signal go off. Has anyone checked FFD1 again?
Yes, I did, but it wouldn't hurt to try again because i might have done it too early...

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
FFD might not be an input because of the dash command and the high probability of accidentally finding it. Same thing with the 2 input theory. If they were 2 inputs, we would have stumbled upon them a while ago.

FFD might not be an input because of the dash command and the high probability of accidentally finding it. Same thing with the 2 input theory. If they were 2 inputs, we would have stumbled upon them a while ago.
I tried to throw a spear at the end of my vid, that is all i know. If it isn't BBD1, it's FFD1. I know for a fact i saw the XRAY flash on one of the ones i did, and i believe it was FFD1.

Wait a minute... it can't be BBD1 because thats Sonya's... I'm starting to get ideas... Gonna start on Scorpion after this last Rain attempt.