What's new

i litertally can't do combos online with zatana

R4DI04CTIV878

Home Skillet
how do I start up my combos? jumping doesn't work and I can't do my basic combos without failing miserably than next thing I know I'm dead. she's so freaking slow it's pissing me off, but anyways how do you guys start your combos and does it work?

how do I start up my combos? jumping doesn't work and I can't do my basic combos without failing miserably than next thing I know I'm dead. she's so freaking slow it's pissing me off, but anyways how do you guys start your combos and does it work?

You and me both. I don't even find her execution to be that hard, I have a lot more trouble with MMH. Offline everything is fine, online I can't get anything going. Wake-up attacks, forget about it. I honestly thought that my controller was acting up, but it's her. The inputs feel so sluggish. I experienced more salt tonight than I have since the release of the game. It really sucks because offline I feel so comfortable with her and absolutely adore her moveset.

Zatanna

Meterburned Interactable Master
You really, really need to set them up. Throw out a MB Fire Kiss after zoning for a little bit, and then start your combo. Zatanna literally cannot fight close range at all. Most of the time, you're going to be zoning. You only stop zoning when you have meter for fire kiss into a vortex combo, or whatever you choose to do.

As for the controls, she handles terribly online. I can't even TP.

R4DI04CTIV878

Home Skillet
You and me both. I don't even find her execution to be that hard, I have a lot more trouble with MMH. Offline everything is fine, online I can't get anything going. Wake-up attacks, forget about it. I honestly thought that my controller was acting up, but it's her. The inputs feel so sluggish. I experienced more salt tonight than I have since the release of the game.
yes! I never raged so hard today. I thought it was just me \:

R4DI04CTIV878

Home Skillet
You really, really need to set them up. Throw out a MB Fire Kiss after zoning for a little bit, and then start your combo. Zatanna literally cannot fight close range at all. Most of the time, you're going to be zoning. You only stop zoning when you have meter for fire kiss into a vortex combo, or whatever you choose to do.
so I'm mostly depending on her fire kiss MB than combo than zone to fill up meter than repeat the process right?

I don't know man, while I do feel like she's a bit tough to get going with up close, it really felt like the inputs just weren't very responsive. Am I imaging this?

She can play air footsies.

It's really difficult, but you have to get used to baiting and faking out to get hits in up close. Try mixing it up between holding yourself in the air, teleporting in place/teleporting behind them....

Think of Scorpion mixing it up with his j3 and air tele to make up for his poor strings. Kinda gotta do the same with Zatanna.

Niko Mar

Founding Member of the Fate Army
I don't know man, while I do feel like she's a bit tough to get going with up close, it really felt like the inputs just weren't very responsive. Am I imaging this?
Same here, I literally couldn't get out a basic 112 sometimes because it dropped it for no reason.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
zod, MMH, zantanna, lobo and batgirl are the deepest characters in the game and all require most fundamentals and skill to play well

give it time

SPECTRELIGHT

F, D, F + HP
Don't forget to use DD3. You can teleport while in this stance and perhaps get in that way.
But she's a magician, you can't just blatantly go in, you have to use tricks to deceive your opponent and constantly keep them on their toes...

Sgtsnake

Noob
Same here i think the injustice servers are actn up or something, I cant do her combos online :(
I remember every time they do maintenance it does this lag stuff.

Don't forget to use DD3. You can teleport while in this stance and perhaps get in that way.
But she's a magician, you can't just blatantly go in, you have to use tricks to deceive your opponent and constantly keep them on their toes...
I was thinking this also but remember that you can not block or duck in this stance so all the opponet has to do is throw a well timed projectile when they see you use it and you are instantly knocked out of the stance.