What's new

I Dropped My Main And This Is Why

Tweedy

Noob
Kung Lao is one of the worst characters in the game. People on this forum will disagree and tell you to play him, don't.

Most overrated character ever. Dropping him has only brought me success. With the recent nerfs Tempest is mid tier at best, the other variations are horrid.

Edit: I'm not downplaying my character. I don't play that old ugly bum anymore. Neither does anyone else. He doesn't work on this game.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Kung Lao is one of the worst characters in the game. People on this forum will disagree and tell you to play him, don't.

Most overrated character ever. Dropping him has only brought me success. With the recent nerfs Tempest is mid tier at best, the other variations are horrid.

Edit: I'm not downplaying my character. I don't play that old ugly bum anymore. Neither does anyone else. He doesn't work on this game.
KL gets nerfed.

Tier jumpers be like...

Here's you...

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I dropped fisticuffs Cage a while back when he got fisted(cuffs). A-List wasn't fun or flashy enough for me. I like stunt double but I like Sub-Zero more.

Reactions: GAV

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
I don't play Quan quite as much anymore and have now mained CSZ. Mainly because regular rune used to be unpunishable but is now something like - 30 meaning it no longer serves the purpose for taking supposed to

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
I was dropping Liu Kang for CSZ as the character is cool asf but with the last patch I just can't enjoy playing him, it was a sign to say "stick with Liu Kang"
I do LOVE Liu Kang as a character and get along with his play style while having a very strong character, he just gets a little boring sometimes where CSZ gave me more freedom, but RIP.

SO I almost move from Liu Kang purely because of the cosmetics of a character at first and then because I clicked with the character, but now he's been pushed around so much I don't click with his new play style and I just don't feel he's viable, very much a struggle i'm not interested in because he's not even one of those enjoyable struggles, just a struggle.

Kyloth

The cyber initiative lives on!
I've dropped GM Sub and Cyb Kano for Sektor. No regrets so far, despite all the nerfs the character feels and it is fun exactly as it should. :)

darth_infamous

#InfamousXO
I dropped Tremor for Sun God Kotal. Sun God seems to play exactly how I wanted Tremor to play pre-release. Kind dumbfounded I didn't pick him up sooner.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I dropped all characters except Commando Kano at game's launch and never looked back.
:DOGE

When I played the game for the first time, I tired out Scorpion, Ermac, Reptile and Sub-Zero. The last one felt most comfortable for me and I was looking forward to play as Unbreakable, only to find out, that this was his most fragile variation (oh the irony).

So I tried out Cryomancer and Grandmaster and then I was suprised, when I saw that Grandmaster is like a much better version of unbreakable. I picked him up as my main and got stuck with him ever since. I do play every now and then Unbreakable, because I still like his play style, eventhough it takes more effort than the other two variations. Love the combination of Unbreakable with the alternate coloured revenat skin.

Also I was hyped for Tremor's announcement in KP1 and was planning to main him next to Sub-Zero. Tried out all of his variations and felt that Aftershock was up my alley. But now after the two patches with the big nerfs Tremor received, Aftershock has gotten much weaker and I am planning to get in shape with Crystalline. I will still play Aftershock just like Unbreakable with Sub-Zero. Cryomancer and Metallic I play too but more occasionally.

Finally I can say I did not drop my main characters, just switched their variations.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
DF Liu Kang was my secondary and I dropped him because I got bored of his playstyle, too execution heavy and kept getting nerfed time and time again.

Sonya 4ever.