What's new

I don't think it's only MK players looking forward to Injustice

It just dawned on me that I haven't seen anyone in the Dead or Alive community express any interest in this game yet. I'll make a topic about it on FreeStepDodge.com and see if anyone bites.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Eh, as the fighting game community is right now, I think people much prefer something they're used to, rather than a new foreign game.

This is mostly generalization, but lots of new games have the added pressure of attracting an audience, whereas something with a number behind it, has an already-established fanbase and can, with a little marketing, attract more. I do hope Injustice attracts players from different communities, but I think it'll be tough to get them to stick with it long enough to appreciate whatever metagame there is, and devote their time and effort to mastering it. Learning a new game, with new characters, and new mechanics takes time and work. The game itself has to be absolutely solid to ensure people keep coming back to it. There's a lot of variables to consider, but it is possible.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Eh, as the fighting game community is right now, I think people much prefer something they're used to, rather than a new foreign game.

This is mostly generalization, but lots of new games have the added pressure of attracting an audience, whereas something with a number behind it, has an already-established fanbase and can, with a little marketing, attract more. I do hope Injustice attracts players from different communities, but I think it'll be tough to get them to stick with it long enough to appreciate whatever metagame there is, and devote their time and effort to mastering it. Learning a new game, with new characters, and new mechanics takes time and work. The game itself has to be absolutely solid to ensure people keep coming back to it. There's a lot of variables to consider, but it is possible.
It's different though. Injustice has already familiar characters in DC Universe, so it's guaranteed it'll sell amongst casuals. NRS has also been hyping up the meta so I heavily doubt anyone playing even at a semi competitive level will leave before learning how the game works.

IMO this game is easy money.

Where I live right now there has always been a tiny rivalry between the Tekken + MK fans and the Street Fighter + Marvel fans. I use to dabble back and forth from groups like a traitor though. Normally, I remember when a new game comes out and it is the flavor of the month, both groups have their people who always try it out and a classic 'which community is better' battle always boils a little for fun at local tournaments like CEOWinterfest

If this game isn't just the flavor of the month and it actually sticks around though, it'd mean both these communities in my area will be playing the exact same game. This means the community will be big from the start. Not to mention more new players and old players that stopped attending(like me) will be coming out from the shadows and joining them.

Fingers crossed. Nail it out of the park NRS.
I play MK, TTT2, and AE. I only compete in MK but I like all the communities. Except the Capcom guys that say MK is easy mode and requires no fundamentals and the MK guys that say Capcom is boring.

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 2

SLy

Noob
Idk why people think this game is specially catered to MK players lol. Of course there are many people that want to play it. Who wouldn't want to play a new 2d DC Title.

SZSR

Noob
You're right. I'm from the "anime community" and quite a few people are looking into the game. The breaker for many people is the addition of the wanted characters, and guess whose name I hear come up most often?
There's also the fact that BB and GG will most definitely come out ofter Injustice, so besides Skullgirls and P4U there's really nothing.
The anime fighters want Raven?

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
The anime fighters want Raven?
Most people know Raven from the Teen Titans cartoon, which obviously had anime influences so I wouldn't be surprised to hear that. I'm sure there are certain other factors that make her appealing to that demographic, 'swell...

SZSR

Noob
Just about everyone wants Raven.
True.
Most people know Raven from the Teen Titans cartoon, which obviously had anime influences so I wouldn't be surprised to hear that. I'm sure there are certain other factors that make her appealing to that demographic, 'swell...
I visited a BB/GG forum and saw Starfire was in big demand too, so you're most likely right in saying that the Teen Titans cartoon has a strong influence on whether or not NRS will hit that demographic.

RoGE

Noob
blasphemy!

until MvC3 came along, it was one of the fighting games best series ever. IMO

NO game brought hype to the FGC like Marvel vs Capcom 2. Period.
I will agree with that second part though..MvC2's trash talk and drama is legendary, I remember Yipes talking about it on his stream.

On topic: Injustice can appeal to many people, whether it's because of the comic book readers, casual MK playersor hardcore fighting gamers (frame data on the move list is amazing btw) there's also MLG prizes.

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
I visited a BB/GG forum and saw Starfire was in big demand too, so you're most likely right in saying that the Teen Titans cartoon has a strong influence on whether or not NRS will hit that demographic.
Yep, you got it. Pretty much the lot of them are just hungry for some teen titans characters.
I'm curious, wht is the support for P4A so far for Evo? Any guesses as to how many numbers will be showing up to Evo for it?
The support's pretty good. I've noticed that at majors there is usually a lot of money in the pot for the game. At Illinois and NYC it has the most participants, and for ATL it's about average (don't know how it is in other states). There's also the fact that there are no other anime games, but P4U, in the main line-up for Evo, so I think it's safe to say it will get high turnout.

Aren't 3 TT characters enough? When are people going to get over these animated shows? There's a whole universe of characters and people insist that NRS should shove all 5 of the TT from the show into the game.

Aren't 3 TT characters enough? When are people going to get over these animated shows? There's a whole universe of characters and people insist that NRS should shove all 5 of the TT from the show into the game.
What is your absolute hatred for the animated shows about? What is wrong with them?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
What is your absolute hatred for the animated shows about? What is wrong with them?
People are hating because Raven fans will not shut up about revealing her. I mean we get it, you want Raven. You dont have to come into every thread and say "THIS CHARACTER SUCKS, I WANT RAVEN!"

Also Teen Titans is ass. Justice League unlimited all the way.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Well, I think JLU is ass. Actually, no I don't. I just don't understand this hatred for the Teen Titans show. Is it because it's so different from the comics?
I dont like any show where they take superheroes and make them teens, thereby turning them into teenage drama queens. At least that is what I remember from the time I watched it.

You can like raven all you want, but her fans need to cut down the raven posts.

MoldMan

Noob
People are hating because Raven fans will not shut up about revealing her. I mean we get it, you want Raven. You dont have to come into every thread and say "THIS CHARACTER SUCKS, I WANT RAVEN!"

Also Teen Titans is ass. Justice League unlimited all the way.
ah..... WE NEED BEAST BOY .... lol....