What's new

I Challenge the best of the best PS3 Banes

cR Biohazard

Team Torr
But really, what was the @RM_Biohazard v @DreadKnight1 score?
I believe I won the first set 5-4 I'm not sure about the second set, I know Dreadnight did really well maybe 5-1 but the lag between us was really bad and both times the server kicked us out. We'll definitely have to try again when the connection is better. Surprised that we didn't disconnect in our casual set, that was a lot of fun. And yes Dreadnight, after Bane clashes and ends a clash with 1% health there is a bug that allows him to take hits for a certain amount of time without it dealing damage. Doombawkz if you have any info regarding this let me know. You survived two stabs from joker's knife and I've survived a meter burn fear blast.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I believe I won the first set 5-4 I'm not sure about the second set, I know Dreadnight did really well maybe 5-1 but the lag between us was really bad and both times the server kicked us out. We'll definitely have to try again when the connection is better. Surprised that we didn't disconnect in our casual set, that was a lot of fun. And yes Dreadnight, after Bane clashes and ends a clash with 1% health there is a bug that allows him to take hits for a certain amount of time without it dealing damage. Doombawkz if you have any info regarding this let me know. You survived two stabs from joker's knife and I've survived a meter burn fear blast.
I do, actually.
Can't explain it, though, so I'd rather not speculate. However, from what I can tell, the game's damage scaling and the drop amount seem to have this inconsistency.
Since Bane automatically enters debuff, he takes extra damage. However, by the same scale, when he hits 1% the game can't subtract that amount of extra damage.
So it adds it on instead. Kinda like how when you enter clash while in level 3 debuff, instead of keeping you there it brings you back to 1 instead.

So assuming you fail to offer anything up in the clash, and the opponent offers all 4 bars while your on level 3 buff, they'll technically hit you with 33%x1.5, making for about 50% damage.
Bane is reduced to 1%, and any excess damage can't be reduced. Lets say you were at 1% to begin with, then you'll have roughly 17% excess life. Only problem is you'll be on level 3 debuff, but so long as you avoid that excess damage you'll be set to go. Its something I've looked into but its not consistent enough to utilize effectively, and its not a situation that I can explain just through testing. Pretty much everything I just said is going off of what the game has provided, but even that is shaky at best. I can't explain why it doesn't, or give exact numbers. All I know is that it happens sometimes, and it seems to be connected to the amount of "excess" damage that cooldown causes, since it varies.

That's literally my best guess. Its one of the few things Bane does that I can't outright explain.

cR Biohazard

Team Torr
I do, actually.
Can't explain it, though, so I'd rather not speculate. However, from what I can tell, the game's damage scaling and the drop amount seem to have this inconsistency.
Since Bane automatically enters debuff, he takes extra damage. However, by the same scale, when he hits 1% the game can't subtract that amount of extra damage.
So it adds it on instead. Kinda like how when you enter clash while in level 3 debuff, instead of keeping you there it brings you back to 1 instead.

So assuming you fail to offer anything up in the clash, and the opponent offers all 4 bars while your on level 3 buff, they'll technically hit you with 33%x1.5, making for about 50% damage.
Bane is reduced to 1%, and any excess damage can't be reduced. Lets say you were at 1% to begin with, then you'll have roughly 17% excess life. Only problem is you'll be on level 3 debuff, but so long as you avoid that excess damage you'll be set to go. Its something I've looked into but its not consistent enough to utilize effectively, and its not a situation that I can explain just through testing. Pretty much everything I just said is going off of what the game has provided, but even that is shaky at best. I can't explain why it doesn't, or give exact numbers. All I know is that it happens sometimes, and it seems to be connected to the amount of "excess" damage that cooldown causes, since it varies.
:coffee:
Interesting, I always thought that the clash damage seemed rather high at times but I couldn't put my finger on it also I was giving that wave dash/dash canceling a go and I got nothing. Not sure how he cancels his backdash either as you said Bane can cancel it into B1. I just get the full animation, I must be doing something wrong

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
:coffee:
Interesting, I always thought that the clash damage seemed rather high at times but I couldn't put my finger on it also I was giving that wave dash/dash canceling a go and I got nothing. Not sure how he cancels his backdash either as you said Bane can cancel it into B1. I just get the full animation, I must be doing something wrong
Actually this isn't the place to talk tech. You can PM me any questions you have, lets keep it on topic.

You guys are also forgetting this:

I really want to figure this out. I played arma a few months back and he threw batarangs. I was level 3 and I went through him, but got stopped by a punish after my charge wouldnt knock down lol. That's happened against random lex players to.

cR Biohazard

Team Torr
Actually this isn't the place to talk tech. You can PM me any questions you have, lets keep it on topic.
Thanks for the vid and covering all those points, I didn't know what you called duck dashing so I miscalled it wave dashing. I am aware of dash cancelling and wave dashing with F2. Do you have a video that shows duck dashing?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Thanks for the vid and covering all those points, I didn't know what you called duck dashing so I miscalled it wave dashing. I am aware of dash cancelling and wave dashing with F2. Do you have a video that shows duck dashing?
Read previous statement. Message if you have questions, and I'll be happy to answer to the best of my abilities. Otherwise, this topic is about Lex vs Bane and the outcomes of said matches

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
First score was 4-5 me-him then it disconnected, when we connected again I won 5-2 so overall was 9-7 me him @GGA Max . Id be down for more competitive sets or casuals whenever :) About the lag, I think the reason our connection improved is because as it got later the rest of my family went to sleep(live in England) and so I was the only one on the Internet by a few games into casuals

Last edited:

The Great One

"I Always d1 Lif-" SHUT UP
Lol, play my lex. You'll realise that the mu sucks ass for bane outside of a knockdown.
How many other banes have you played and what was the score between them?

I totally accept your challenge. Puny mines and lezorz aren’t even a bother. I touch you and I guarantee you’re not getting back up.

“It’s not how hard you get hit but how hard you can get hit and get back- shit it’s bane. Ain’t no body getting up from that

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
How many other banes have you played and what was the score between them?

I totally accept your challenge. Puny mines and lezorz aren’t even a bother. I touch you and I guarantee you’re not getting back up.

“It’s not how hard you get hit but how hard you can get hit and get back- shit it’s bane. Ain’t no body getting up from that
Well I beat kyu the last 2 times we played albeit they were short sets though, I beat OmegaK at VSF4 in the lex-bane mu and although it was a close and kinda laggy set I did technically also beat biohazard. If that's not enough proof I know the mu than I guess idk. Add me on PS3: oNe87_Dread. Unfortunately I can only play on PS3 so if you can't get a hold of one it can't happen.

cR Biohazard

Team Torr
@RM_Biohazard @Doombawkz i have a wired connection now in case any of you want a set soon. I'm available same times as before. also if you still want to accept my challenge @The Great One then this applies to you too.
Unfortunately I'll be busy with work and school for a while so I'm not sure when we'll be able to play again. I don't want to make a promise that I can't keep but let me know when you're usually available so we can play again

Reactions: Kyu

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
I was on last night for a brief period, but school has me fucked sideways. Not sure when I'll be on next but I would dig playing.