What's new

I Challenge the best of the best PS3 Banes

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
If you play bane to a high level and own a ps3, i'm officially challenging you to a long set (ft10-20).

I'll go Lex all the way and would like you to only go bane please, i'm tired of hearing its 5-5 and I'm prepared to prove otherwise. to make it fair and to avoid bs like 'Most bane's don't know the mu'...i'll tell you everything you need to do: get in and stay in, never let Lex set up his toys or bane's in trouble, almost never charge from fullscreen, level 3 beats lex's trait so management is key, lex can interupt certain things with armour (especially charge) so be careful.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Because online is definitely better to judge a matchup number than offline casuals at tournaments, especially with the novelty of telling your opponent what they should do instead and them instantly applying it :DOGE

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
Because online is definitely better to judge a matchup number than offline casuals at tournaments, especially with the novelty of telling your opponent what they should do instead and them instantly applying it :DOGE
If you don't do those things, you won't be playing the mu correctly...and I can't exactly go travel thousands of kilometres every time I want to prove a point. Stick to preaching MMH doesn't beat joker 7-3 please :joker:

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
If you don't do those things, you won't be playing the mu correctly...and I can't exactly go travel thousands of kilometres every time I want to prove a point. Stick to preaching MMH doesn't beat joker 7-3 please :joker:
It's becoming an awfully common theme to bring up scenarios from almost a year ago when arguements and reasoning are paper thin.

Good luck with your online endeavours though.

The Great One

"I Always d1 Lif-" SHUT UP
If you play bane to a high level and own a ps3, i'm officially challenging you to a long set (ft10-20).

I'll go Lex all the way and would like you to only go bane please, i'm tired of hearing its 5-5 and I'm prepared to prove otherwise. to make it fair and to avoid bs like 'Most bane's don't know the mu'...i'll tell you everything you need to do: get in and stay in, never let Lex set up his toys or bane's in trouble, almost never charge from fullscreen, level 3 beats lex's trait so management is key, lex can interupt certain things with armour (especially charge) so be careful.
7-3 Bane.

Lex gets crushed, Level 1 venom beats your trait, zoning doesn't work and bane there's no way Lex can keep Bane out for a long time.

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
7-3 Bane.

Lex gets crushed, Level 1 venom beats your trait, zoning doesn't work and bane there's no way Lex can keep Bane out for a long time.
Im not going to lie I lauged so hard at this. First off FUCK NO. Level 1 doesn't beat lex's trait(that's level 3) ,zoning is very effective because it's easy to get caught in mines for bane and he has a large hitbox so there's no dodging probes often. Secondly, mine is a bane killer, when I have it out you're only option is to dash in and jump over it, which is hard for bane anyway,or go to level 3. If he charges in I can just lance him out of his first hit of armour and he'll get caught in the mine or I can just do jump back 3 and break his 2nd hit of armour if he is in fact at level 3. Based on how innacurate this description is of lex-bane is why you definitely won't beat me in a long set and one of the reasons I made this thread in the first place. Lex wins 6-4. @Kyu please help me explain to this guy how wrong he is lmao

Last edited:

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
Ah crap... *notices it says skilled banes*

Yuss. Immunity :D

I mean I don't feel it's 5-5, but I'll play you once I get home. You'll likely body me. @DreadKnight1
I'll be online tomorrow from around 3:15 GMT until potentially 6:45 GMT so there's a large gap for a long set. If that doesn't work then I have all of Wednesday off.

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
I would play but 3:15 pm to 6:45 pm for you is 11:15 am to 2:45 pm for me EST. I'll be at work then. Wednesday I'm working 7 am to 4 pm EST. So let me know when you can be on that day and I'll play you
Any time after 4pm est on Wednesday is good for me (only 9pm). Just not have it start after 6:30-7pm est because then a long set will drag on too late and I'll play sloppy.