What's new

Strategy I Bring You the Gift of Pain - Patch 1.06 Discussion

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
At the cost of direct damage, a really bad debuff, pathetic trait damage, frame advantage and incredibly ambiguous setups. The numbers don't add up. You're piling on additional risk and costs for... what? Less damage than you could have gotten with a direct combo finisher into safe ambiguous setup, at best?

By the safe abiguous set-ups do you mean 123 ender? The Trait set-ups do roughly the same damage and gives the opponent less options to get out. KF gets out for free in a 123 ender. But get her ass to Slide while you're Traited she eats damage. In all kinds of forms.

But as I've said before. It's kind of pointless discussing this because it really depends on your own play style. You guys need to stop being hostile to each other and kneel before Zod.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
By the safe abiguous set-ups do you mean 123 ender? The Trait set-ups do roughly the same damage and gives the opponent less options to get out. KF gets out for free , in a 123 ender. But get her ass to Slide while you're Traited she eats damage. In all kinds of forms.

But as I've said before. It's kind of pointless discussing this because it really depends on your own play style. You guys need to stop being hostile to each other and kneel before Zod.
Safe as in if you get blocked.

LordChozo

Mainless Wanderer
Has anyone else noticed that he did get an apparent buff to sword spin recovery on hit? According to "corrected" frame data it's now +1 on hit, and when I was spamming it in the corner in practice to check it did feel quicker. My wife doesn't even play the game but is often in the room when I am, and before I even said anything she said "That move sounds faster for some reason." If this was really stealth buffed, that's a pretty big deal.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Has anyone else noticed that he did get an apparent buff to sword spin recovery on hit? According to "corrected" frame data it's now +1 on hit, and when I was spamming it in the corner in practice to check it did feel quicker. My wife doesn't even play the game but is often in the room when I am, and before I even said anything she said "That move sounds faster for some reason." If this was really stealth buffed, that's a pretty big deal.

It's still negative in long juggles. An easy way to check this is do a corner combo (example, 132, 1, 1, 323, F23 xx Spin) on a CPU set to jump. Hold up when you finish your combo. If you jump first, you're clearly positive. If the CPU jumps first (and he will), you're negative.

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
ji2»b2u1»f3»323»f23xx4
Puts them fullscreen for free trait damage, and it's pretty safe from what Ive seen. Ill comfirm soon.
Edit: Appears to be +10-15 frames. Safe.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
ji2»b2u1»f3»323»f23xx4
Puts them fullscreen for free trait damage, and it's pretty safe from what Ive seen. Ill comfirm soon.
Edit: Appears to be +10-15 frames. Safe.

Factor in the techroll + wakeup

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
I try to think about it like this, I used to be scared to use trait in pretty much every MU besides Bane. Now I use trait a lot more and I got armor on my super. It really depends on your playstyle, but I feel Ive been buffed.
Sry 4 dub post.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
DS feels worse.

Shame I had to sacrifice footsie tools, damage, and normal range for good counter zoning and a gimmicky vortex.

Factor in a lot of characters got buffed, I think he's bottom 10-15 now. I can't think of 15 characters he's better than.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
after 2 months post patch, ive come to the conclusion that DS is one of the most average characters in the game. yeah he has dirt here and there, but who does't? his trait is still useless, i dont care what people say. all those dumb ass setups can be pushblocked, so if you ever see DS activate trait just push block whatever he does. the hell else is he going to do? raw gunshots and do like 7%? cool he lost some of his essential tools for a long ass time. if you pushblock first hit, the animation would take up most of the trait time so who honestly gives a shit about trait? if deathstroke was to be a good, but reasonable character, he would have his old gun frames back with post patch chip.

after 2 months post patch, ive come to the conclusion that DS is one of the most average characters in the game. yeah he has dirt here and there, but who does't? his trait is still useless, i dont care what people say. all those dumb ass setups can be pushblocked, so if you ever see DS activate trait just push block whatever he does. the hell else is he going to do? raw gunshots and do like 7%? cool he lost some of his essential tools for a long ass time. if you pushblock first hit, the animation would take up most of the trait time so who honestly gives a shit about trait? if deathstroke was to be a good, but reasonable character, he would have his old gun frames back with post patch chip.
I bet the top 8 at NEC wish they had a pocket deathstroke.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
I bet the top 8 at NEC wish they had a pocket deathstroke.
because he has some matchups that are stupidly in his favor? in this game you can win with not high tier/top tier but you would need to play multiple characters. Thats the reason why I didn't make it farther in NEC than i had hoped to. I had to play two flash players in pools and i dont have a solid answer to that. hes a great pocket character for characters like harley and hawkgirl but if flash, doomsday, manhunter or zod is on screen, you're gonna have a bad time.

recognizing your characters shortcomings and finding ways around it makes you a better player, even if the answer is on the character select screen.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Everything that you have just stated I have been saying for months, yet I was vilified by the Deathstroke community for "downplaying".

What used to be Deathstroke's complementary tools (i.e., a couple of solid frame traps, decent 50/50 mix ups, good anti-aerial attack, etc.) has now become the character's primary tools.

He is, or rather was, a zoning character by design. He was always about low gunshots.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
Everything that you have just stated I have been saying for months, yet I was vilified by the Deathstroke community for "downplaying".

What used to be Deathstroke's complementary tools (i.e., a couple of solid frame traps, decent 50/50 mix ups, good anti-aerial attack, etc.) has now become the character's primary tools.

He is, or rather was, a zoning character by design. He was always about low gunshots.
beforethe patch i think he was way better. now that a handful of characters armored moves have 2 hits, they have a hard answer to guns to low guns because MB low guns will most likely be too slow to stop them

M2Dave

Zoning Master
beforethe patch i think he was way better. now that a handful of characters armored moves have 2 hits, they have a hard answer to guns to low guns because MB low guns will most likely be too slow to stop them
The Deathstroke community is to blame. There are too many ignorant people.

Before the patch, a few of us were saying that the character needed old low gunshot recovery with current chip damage, but certain fools kept claiming that Deathstroke is unquestionably a top 10 character.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
The Deathstroke community is to blame. There are too many ignorant people.

Before the patch, a few of us were saying that the character needed old low gunshot recovery with current chip damage, but certain fools kept claiming that Deathstroke is unquestionably a top 10 character.
i dont think he needed it when he can stop armored moves. now he does