What's new

Strategy I Bring You the Gift of Pain - Patch 1.06 Discussion

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Just guys just a thought. And try to be on the same page as me here: What if...WHAT IF... they couldn't do our request which was to have old Gunshots when Traited so instead they'll have unblockable guns that will do the same damage and hit adv properties as old school GunShots on chip and block adv?

I'll try to explain it a better way if no one understands. But I'll just leave this thought here.

Crathen

Death is my business
Well we're getting a 8% unblockable AR , 132 unblockable string and unblockable gunshots , having pre patch gunshots even for 8 seconds would have been a really meh buff , i like this one better , much more open to setups and creativity.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Well we're getting a 8% unblockable AR , 132 unblockable string and unblockable gunshots , having pre patch gunshots even for 8 seconds would have been a really meh buff , i like this one better , much more open to setups and creativity.

Oh they showcased DS on stream? I missed it. Anyways my theory would've meant like LowGS would do 2% on hit like it did pre-patch on block. Anyways how was the Trait? Any legit set-ups?

drywall

Noob
2 gunshots and an AR after trait is decent. I have lost matches where i tried to super through projectiles so armor is welcome also. Feelsgoodman

Crathen

Death is my business
Oh they showcased DS on stream? I missed it. Anyways my theory would've meant like LowGS would do 2% on hit like it did pre-patch on block. Anyways how was the Trait? Any legit set-ups?

Looked pretty damn fast , i'm pretty sure gunshots deal 1.42 per bullet while traited.

Let's just wait for tomorrow , i can see many new viable setups for it.

G4S Silent Jay

I enjoy hurting you.
I didn't get to see it myself, but from what I was hearing, the trait is gonna be even more useless with this patch....

Can't lie, that wouldn't surprise me since I'm possibly the only one who thinks 3 pretty hard nerfs and one good buff is still a nerf...

I feel like the 132 set-up is only going to be as useful as it was since it will still be just as avoidable. I could be wrong, but that's what testing is for.

In my eyes, Slade was really untouched because I'm positive his super is useless outside of online (and online is the worst place to judge anything... See pre-patch gunshots for details) and his trait that wasn't getting any real use will more than likely still be worthless and I can continue to forget about my 4th button while using him.

Crathen

Death is my business
Here's what the improvements do for Deathstroke:

- A little change that was overlooked by many was the Stage bounce normal hitbox improved , for Deathstroke this means he can now reliably get the bounce late in combos and it's no more height dependent , J3 323 f2xx Stage bounce are now super reliable and combos like b1u2 j2 323 f2xxSB are possible and consistent , this also allows more damage before a possible trait setup.

- Super now doesn't get stuffed by multiple hits projectiles / most strings so it's viable to use without fear of wasting it.

- MB F3 combos now deal 5% more than their F3 counterparts , notice how if you absorb a hit before MB F3 connects you're not getting the damage increase.

- Safe trait setups everywhere , combos like starter - 1 323 d2xxSF into trait are safe even from Superman Super , 23xx trait ender can be safe depending on the character and i already have a setup where it's advantage

- Trait duration allows for things like AR , quickfire , quickfire / 2 AR / 2 MB Quickfire , quickfire / low gunshot / Air guns / Assault Rifle deal half the damage , 132 and (23)1 are not affected by this

Matix218

Get over here!
Here's what the improvements do for Deathstroke:

- A little change that was overlooked by many was the Stage bounce normal hitbox improved , for Deathstroke this means he can now reliably get the bounce late in combos and it's no more height dependent , J3 323 f2xx Stage bounce are now super reliable and combos like b1u2 j2 323 f2xxSB are possible and consistent , this also allows more damage before a possible trait setup.

- Super now doesn't get stuffed by multiple hits projectiles / most strings so it's viable to use without fear of wasting it.

- MB F3 combos now deal 5% more than their F3 counterparts , notice how if you absorb a hit before MB F3 connects you're not getting the damage increase.

- Safe trait setups everywhere , combos like starter - 1 323 d2xxSF into trait are safe even from Superman Super , 23xx trait ender can be safe depending on the character and i already have a setup where it's advantage

- Trait duration allows for things like AR , quickfire , quickfire / 2 AR / 2 MB Quickfire , quickfire / low gunshot / Air guns / Assault Rifle deal half the damage , 132 and (23)1 are not affected by this
I like the sound of this!

So viable setups for trait? instead of ending combos with 12 flip/f23 flip. what is there that will leave u at adv for a free j1/2 unblockable combo.

Breaker

~AKUMA~
Trait buff is a trait nerf. Flash still rapes us. The only characters he's gotten better against are ones he already did fine against. I'm really unhappy.

I think it's time to pick up a new character.
I think you're the only one that understands my pain everyone else on tym thinks I'm a psycho.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Jesus, what a joke. Doesn't even get guaranteed trait setups to make people at least have to guess wakeup, just safe ones. And fully half the damage on guns? Utterly horrifying.

haketh

Noob
It becomes more than just a 50/50. They have to think about high/low/unblockable, and they also have to think how that unblockable is gonna hit. Is it gonna be quickfire? low shots? 132? Am I gonna eat B1U2? F3? It increases the number of mind games we have access to.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
It becomes more than just a 50/50. They have to think about high/low/unblockable, and they also have to think how that unblockable is gonna hit. Is it gonna be quickfire? low shots? 132? Am I gonna eat B1U2? F3? It increases the number of mind games we have access to.
At the cost of direct damage, a really bad debuff, pathetic trait damage, frame advantage and incredibly ambiguous setups. The numbers don't add up. You're piling on additional risk and costs for... what? Less damage than you could have gotten with a direct combo finisher into safe ambiguous setup, at best?

haketh

Noob
At this point I'm done debating this. If people are really gonna be dumb enough to think this is a nerf and makes setups worthless it's not worth talking about anymore.