What's new

I am so glad I found this forum, because the MK reddit is an abomination right now.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
I like this forum for various reasons. You people are great to discuss anything MK related. This forum has best character guides and tips, MUs and other gameplay related stuff. Also it’s fun to mess around here and being called a scrub only because you hate zoning, lol

Mizar

Noob
The only problem with the mk sub is that a joke is funny the first time and proceeds to be reposted every day for the week. But there's still some good discussion to be had there sometimes, and news are posted fast. I come here because as a new player this forum is better to learn the game, there's more gameplay discussion and character specific sections.

PoloExpress

The Luckiest Unlucky player you'll ever meet.
The only problem with the mk sub is that a joke is funny the first time and proceeds to be reposted every day for the week. But there's still some good discussion to be had there sometimes, and news are posted fast. I come here because as a new player this forum is better to learn the game, there's more gameplay discussion and character specific sections.
I definitely agree with the reposted/copied memes that are practically the same. r/mk just seems kind of boring to me for the most part

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Meme's are w/e and at least here they could be confined to a single thread (someone get on that.)

What I haven't seen mentioned is the awful taste they have in regards to the MK roster. If you think people here make bad suggestions here, read some of the comments there.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
Bro if you want no fun in your mk discussion you came to the right place. Get ready for a lot of "IVE BEEN PART OF THIS COMMUNITY SINCE 2011" and "THIS CHARACTER HAD A FIFTY FIFTY SO THEY SHOULD ADD IT TO MY CHARACTER" and "WHY ARENT YOU ANSWERING MY ORIGINAL POINT LOOKS LIKE I WIN AN ONLINE ARGUMENT AGAIN HAHA BUT I'M SO MAD"

We just had a suicide threat because Tom Brady yelled at someone lol

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Bro if you want no fun in your mk discussion you came to the right place. Get ready for a lot of "IVE BEEN PART OF THIS COMMUNITY SINCE 2011" and "THIS CHARACTER HAD A FIFTY FIFTY SO THEY SHOULD ADD IT TO MY CHARACTER" and "WHY ARENT YOU ANSWERING MY ORIGINAL POINT LOOKS LIKE I WIN AN ONLINE ARGUMENT AGAIN HAHA BUT I'M SO MAD"

Simple solution: bring the fun with you, don't reply to salty hoes (still working on that one tbh).

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous

And you find that funny huh? Hmmm....

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I usually but sometimes a nice thread with interesting discussion turns into some ego-driven flame war and it kills it for me

Yes.
How unfortunate. Somebody going through hard times to the point where they're contemplating about not being on this earth anymore is not a laughing matter, person. Instead of laughing, we check on our here because we're a community, regardless of disagreements. I hope one day you will see that. But hey, I appreciate your honesty. Take care :)

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
The memes on the sub have gotten to out of hand that starting on March 29, you can actually get banned for posting a meme lmao. They made an ENTIRE other sub dedicated to shitposting.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
I usually but sometimes a nice thread with interesting discussion turns into some ego-driven flame war and it kills it for me
Yeah, but they do tend to get called on their bullshit here. If you say something people don't like on reddit, everybody just crosses their arms and pouts and downvotes it into non-visibility.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
And you find that funny huh? Hmmm....
How unfortunate. Somebody going through hard times to the point where they're contemplating about not being on this earth anymore is not a laughing matter, person. Instead of laughing, we check on our here because we're a community, regardless of disagreements. I hope one day you will see that. But hey, I appreciate your honesty. Take care :)
Believe me I've survived my share of attempts. But if someone threatens to kill themselves because they cant take the heat from Tom Brady on a Mortal Kombat board, then retracts it ten minutes later, theres something pretty comical about that

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Believe me I've survived my share of attempts. But if someone threatens to kill themselves because they cant take the heat from Tom Brady on a Mortal Kombat board, then retracts it ten minutes later, theres something pretty comical about that
Sorry, but you're wrong. The issue or disagreement that makes people feel that way in the moment is probably not the real problem. Suicide attempts are almost always a build up of problems that range from big to small and if people wait and don't get help, then one day they reach their breaking point and one little thing can make them swirl down into an abyss of suicidal thoughts. So no, he didn't feel that way ONLY because of that conversation, it was a build-up of deeper issues. And there is nothing ever comical about someone wanting to take their life.

I'm all for comedy and having fun, but that is just ignorant. Have some compassion.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Oh so you must find the Florida Madden tournament shooting funny right? Because that guy decided to kill two others and himself because he couldnt take the heat of losing.

Regardless of the circumstance when somebody thinks suicide thoughts, it's no longer a laughing matter. He could have done more damage if nobody cared for his responses and just laughed at him. Think about that.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs

Lol omfg this might be my favorite post of all time

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I won't lie, sometimes the memes over there are pretty funny. Though it is annoying that that seems to be 90% of the posts there. Gamefaqs is a s*** hole but at least they actually talk about the game, the MK reddit as of now is mainly just recycled memes over and over again. Mainly memes about them banning memes...