What's new

I Am Gotham's Reckoning -- Bane General Discussion Thread

I$AAC

Noob
Character Biography --
An orphaned boy imprisoned by tyrants and used as a lab rat for high-risk experiments, Bane broke free from his shackles and grew to become one of the most powerful super-villains in Gotham City. Read More >
This is a general discussion thread -- So please, discuss, theorize, hypothesize here!

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
Now's not the time for fear. That comes later.

But seriously, I'm hoping the venom ability gives him enough speed to where his grabs (I'm sure he has a plethora) are almost unreactable.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I am going to main either him or Grundy. Or any grappler. Will probably go for the best one since maining shit tier characters SUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKKKSSSSSSSS.

what if bane ends up being a zoner?
but seriously i cant see him being that great. I mean what specials are they going to give him? Jax's punch thing? Is he going to pull a bazooka or something? bane's a strategist and a brawler. neither's really that useful in fighting games unless he has armor everywhere. That's something that noone wants unless he's a boss

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
but seriously i cant see him being that great. I mean what specials are they going to give him? Jax's punch thing? Is he going to pull a bazooka or something? bane's a strategist and a brawler. neither's really that useful in fighting games unless he has armor everywhere. That's something that noone wants unless he's a boss
I see on problem with Bane being a zoner I don't think anyone expected for Freddy to be and he came out fine. Jax's punch thing would be sweet Jax is a solid character. If he pulled out a bazooka that would be awesome. And Johnny Cage is a Brawler and he's pretty good so I don't see a problem with him being a brawler and him being a strategist I'm sure will be sick for story mode like Quan Chi

I see on problem with Bane being a zoner I don't think anyone expected for Freddy to be and he came out fine. Jax's punch thing would be sweet Jax is a solid character. If he pulled out a bazooka that would be awesome. And Johnny Cage is a Brawler and he's pretty good so I don't see a problem with him being a brawler and him being a strategist I'm sure will be sick for story mode like Quan Chi
Brawler and fighter are two different things to me. Brawler means slow attacks high damage, cage is a fighter, fast technical attacks whose damage add up. that's why i say brawlers are useless without armor. I hope all of his dialogue is in portugese or whatever language he speaks (i forgot i have to check).

if you guys got a closer look at the article, it describes banes moveset. Specifically a line that said "not a single projectile in sight." or something along those lines. Zoning possibility is slim to none

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
He will be my replacement for Grundy since he will be a grappler. He is my second favorite Batman villain and I hope he is boss.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
What? You're kidding right? It's called a grappling character haha. Unblockable/untechable command grabs, shit tons of damage in exchange for speed and projectiles. I could see Bane being really great, you are just going to have to use the tools the give you to get in on people I.e. green hand, hakaan slide.

What? You're kidding right? It's called a grappling character haha. Undreakable/untechable command grabs, shit tons of damage in exchange for speed and projectiles. I could see Bane being really great, you are just going to have to use the tools the give you to get in on people I.e. green hand, hakaan slide.
lol bane gets 321slide

Bane's character trait button is connected to the usage of venom, and when Bane uses venom he is granted the following:

Superhuman strength
Enhanced reflexes
Enhanced speed
Superhuman Durability
Superhuman Stamina
Accelerating healing

I can't see Bane getting accelerating healing since that's Cyborg's character trait. I could see superhuman stamina in a fighting game as shaving off recovery frames but since roman cancels are in game I don't see him getting that either. Superhuman strength grants a damage boost. Superhuman reflexes gives him access to parry moves. Enhanced speed grants him command dashes into grappling moves and running strikes (high knee, running clothesline, etc). Lastly, superhuman durability adds or increases armor on moves.

I$AAC

Noob
I wonder how he's going to combat against zoners. Is he going to have a lariat type move like Gief? I can imagine he would be a bad matchup for rushdown characters like Flash.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
If hes Kabal tier, If hes Kano tier, its irrelevant to me.
I'm breaking skulls with him no matter what.
The hype I have for this character rivals the hype 16bit has for Kitana... just without the dirty kleenexes
^^^ Petey speaks the truth.
This character alone will guarantee my pursuit of success in Injustice. There is no doubt now.

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
Bigger question would be if his command grabs are unblockable or not.

Bigger question would be if his command grabs are unblockable or not.
Shoryuken @E3 Injustice: Gods Among Us Prview

Grundy is the grappler of the game. He is big, slow, and hits like a zombified truck. Grundy was easily the least complete character in the demo, as his throws had not even been made unblockable yet. However, I was assured that Grundy’s throws are being worked on, and that his normal hit-strings and specials will probably be getting super armor frames sometime in the future. Grundy’s gimmick is the ability to chain throw. Pressing the gimmick button will initiate a throw, which can then be transitioned into several different throw extensions, including otg and anti-air throws. Grundy has so many throws for so many different situations, it looks like he will be a grapplers dream… once they actually make him able to grapple.
If Grundy grabs are supposed to be unteachable then I expect Bane's grabs will be the same.

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
Brawler and fighter are two different things to me. Brawler means slow attacks high damage, cage is a fighter, fast technical attacks whose damage add up. that's why i say brawlers are useless without armor. I hope all of his dialogue is in portugese or whatever language he speaks (i forgot i have to check).
Well Solomon Grundy is going to be that slow crap sheeva grappler and I think that Bane could be an aggresive medium speed aggresor like jax is as a character not gameplay wise. I feel like He will be fast though and be the jax of injustice

I'm actually more interested to see exactly how different Bane will play from Solomon Grundy. If you guys have played KOF13, then you would know that characters like Raiden, Clark and Daimon are grappler characters in that game but each plays so differently.

Obviously the big difference so far is that according to the ones who played him, Grundy's specials are having the ability to chain throws together. With Bane, so far all we know is that his special trait may have something to do with the Venom serum. Will this just only increase his damage output? Will it act out as something like moves having EX properties? How will it affect other stuff like speed and stamina?

This is certainly going to be interesting as we hopefully will get some kind of video trailer for him.

I probably should have seen this coming since he was in the final Nolan Batman film and was pretty much hyped up as the "final boss" or at least one of them for the trilogy.

Lex I'm not surprised though since he was first shown in that still in the trailer with Superman blasting him with eye lasers.

Glass Sword

Nobody
I can see Bane's Venom being akin to Halan's oil from Street Fighter 4. He can do everything without the Venom but with it moves gain special properties. Like maybe he can only use ex moves with venom or something.