What's new

I Am Gotham's Reckoning -- Bane General Discussion Thread

Hey everyone, i haven't posted here in ages. But anyway, what do you think is the best PS4-PS3 button layout for a Bane player in this game?

The reason i'm even asking this is because Playstation Plus will be giving Injustice away for free tomorrow and i've never played on pad before.

bf2 bf2 bf 2 bf2 bf 2 bf 2 bf2 bf2bf2 bf2 bf 2 bf2 bf 2 bf 2 bf2 bf2bf2 bf2 bf 2 bf2 bf 2 bf 2 bf2 bf2bf2 bf2 bf 2 bf2 bf 2 bf 2 bf2 bf2bf2 bf2 bf 2 bf2 bf 2 bf 2 bf2 bf2bf2 bf2 bf 2 bf2 bf 2 bf 2 bf2 bf2bf2 bf2 bf 2 bf2 bf 2 bf 2 bf2 bf2bf2 bf2 bf 2 bf2 bf 2 bf 2 bf2 bf2bf2 bf2 bf 2 bf2 bf 2 bf 2 bf2 bf2bf2 bf2 bf 2 bf2 bf 2 bf 2 bf2 bf2bf2 bf2 bf 2 bf2 bf 2 bf 2 bf2 bf2bf2 bf2 bf 2 bf2 bf 2 bf 2 bf2 bf2bf2 bf2 bf 2 bf2 bf 2 bf 2 bf2 bf2bf2 bf2 bf 2 bf2 bf 2 bf 2 bf2 bf2bf2 bf2 bf 2 bf2 bf 2 bf 2 bf2 bf2bf2 bf2 bf 2 bf2 bf 2 bf 2 bf2 bf2bf2 bf2 bf 2 bf2 bf 2 bf 2 bf2 bf2bf2 bf2 bf 2 bf2 bf 2 bf 2 bf2 bf2bf2 bf2 bf 2 bf2 bf 2 bf 2 bf2 bf2bf2 bf2 bf 2 bf2 bf 2 bf 2 bf2 bf2bf2 bf2 bf 2 bf2 bf 2 bf 2 bf2 bf2bf2 bf2 bf 2 bf2 bf 2 bf 2 bf2 bf2bf2 bf2 bf 2 bf2 bf 2 bf 2 bf2 bf2I just need one button.....bf2 bf2 bf 2 bf2 bf 2 bf 2 bf2 bf2bf2 bf2 bf 2 bf2 bf 2 bf 2 bf2 bf2bf2 bf2 bf 2 bf2 bf 2 bf 2 bf2 bf2bf2 bf2 bf 2 bf2 bf 2 bf 2 bf2 bf2bf2 bf2 bf 2 bf2 bf 2 bf 2 bf2 bf2bf2 bf2 bf 2 bf2 bf 2 bf 2 bf2 bf2bf2 bf2 bf 2 bf2 bf 2 bf 2 bf2 bf2bf2 bf2 bf 2 bf2 bf 2 bf 2 bf2 bf2bf2 bf2 bf 2 bf2 bf 2 bf 2 bf2 bf2bf2 bf2 bf 2 bf2 bf 2 bf 2 bf2 bf2bf2 bf2 bf 2 bf2 bf 2 bf 2 bf2 bf2bf2 bf2 bf 2 bf2 bf 2 bf 2 bf2 bf2bf2 bf2 bf 2 bf2 bf 2 bf 2 bf2 bf2bf2 bf2 bf 2 bf2 bf 2 bf 2 bf2 bf2bf2 bf2 bf 2 bf2 bf 2 bf 2 bf2 bf2

Error

DF2+R2
Hey everyone, i haven't posted here in ages. But anyway, what do you think is the best PS4-PS3 button layout for a Bane player in this game?

The reason i'm even asking this is because Playstation Plus will be giving Injustice away for free tomorrow and i've never played on pad before.
The default button layout is fine imo.

Reactions: Kyu

SuppaSapien3

Chipotle and Olive Garden are NOT authentic
Happy new years everyone! I just wanted to know what was everyone opinion in the bane matchup so far, as In my eyes I believe he has became even worse of a character. What are you guys thoughs?

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
He did get nerfed, so maybe he just needs more buffs.
:D Oh yes please. Begin the downplaying again. We scored huge the last 6 patches because people wouldn't learn him. Lets make them think he's not good again and get more perks. I'll start...he hasn't got enough air options and should have an air dash akin to Superman's.

SuppaSapien3

:D Oh yes please. Begin the downplaying again. We scored huge the last 6 patches because people wouldn't learn him. Lets make them think he's not good again and get more perks. I'll start...he hasn't got enough air options and should have an air dash akin to Superman's.
I can explane the reasos why hes not good, but it would probely be a essay. I don't know if anyone got time for that lol. i go as far as to say I believe everyone else is upplaying him

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
no he needs the eye lasers

SuppaSapien3

mmhmmmmmm what are banes weaknesses?
Lets see, lack of quick normals , only one hit of armor on specials, slow jump speed, and predictable mixups. For all you players that have a hard time agaisnt bane let me tell you his kyprotonite. MB B3. Everytime he is not in lv 3 trait and he does a blockstring MB B3. Everytime he jupmps,MB B3. When you see his command grab MB B3. Bane has to be in lv 3 venom to even be considered viable, and even then the tradeoff he gets with debufffar out negates the benifits of it. And btw, Banes damage is really below avarage. Its a illusion that he can take alot.

The Great One

"I Always d1 Lif-" SHUT UP
Lets see, lack of quick normals , only one hit of armor on specials, slow jump speed, and predictable mixups. For all you players that have a hard time agaisnt bane let me tell you his kyprotonite. MB B3. Everytime he is not in lv 3 trait and he does a blockstring MB B3. Everytime he jupmps,MB B3. When you see his command grab MB B3. Bane has to be in lv 3 venom to even be considered viable, and even then the tradeoff he gets with debufffar out negates the benifits of it. And btw, Banes damage is really below avarage. Its a illusion that he can take alot.
@Doombawkz

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
To list off in order:

- Our normals have the longest reach in the game, and provide some of the highest on-hit advantages. We are also one of the few characters with an actual "low"-hit on jab in the form of d.1. Most moves have ghost hitboxes, and even when blocked there's a constant risk of tick throws. b.1 is probably the best stand-alone normal in the game. Its speed aside, its +16/+12/+3 on hit, block, and whiff respectively. He is probably the only character who has a move that leaves him at advantage when he MISSES with it. d.1 is +17 on hit. b.1 d.1 is a true blockstring. 113 is +3, b.23 is +5, Standing 1 is +20 on hit.

- One hit of armor is more than enough in most cases. Few characters have multi-hitting moves that trigger when hitting armor, let alone fast enough to trigger if so. One hit of armor for free on everything (including a 16 frame overhead, and a 10-frame Uppercut), especially armor that triggers on frame 0. The moment the input is made and input, if Bane can use any attack or there is any gap whatsoever, the armor will take effect. Add also projectile invulnerability at level 3, another free hit of armor, armor breaking... Venom gives us pretty much every tool we need to dismantle everything that isn't zatanna. In retrospect, very few characters even have the tools to combat venom.

- Slow jump speed yeah, but in exchange every jump-in gives us a tick throw on block, j.2 can be done as you leave the floor, body press gives us a huge hitbox that crosses-up and messes with inputs. Blocking it in the corner after a proper set-up is incredibly hard. If you don't have a wake-up to answer it, you have to hope you get lucky or hope that your dash is going the right direction. j.2 has massive reach, and it'll beat out a lot of d.2s including the ever-hyped DS d.2. j.3 creates a situation that can jail into standing 1, as can j.d.3. Slow jump speed even helps us sometimes. If we jumped faster, some of our best set-ups wouldn't work.

- Predictable mix-ups. Name me another character where everything has the potential to be a 33/33/33 mix-up. It doesn't matter that you can predict it, what matters is that you can't stop it, and its always in our favor when you guess. Hell, he wave a mix-up game when we are blocking other character's block-strings. No other character has so many options just off of the fact that we have armor as a omnipresent threat. Doomsday runs a train on most people after MB Venom, but against Bane he has to take a guess despite being at advantage. No other character has that.

- Mb b.3. @GGA 16 Bit can tell you, it doesn't always work. I've seen him go for Mb b.3s ala Ra Helios's advice, and I've seen @GGA Max click off of it and get a punish because DP recovers faster. Not to take shots at 16 bit, he is phenomenal, but he knows best about this kind of thing. Bane's armor can trade with yours, and if he does it with a lead-in (d.1, d.2, b.2, b.1, etc) his armor might even beat yours out. Its all a matter of timing, and if you try to Mb b.3 a Bane expecting a d.2xxBP, you may end up eating a charge for your troubles. While I would like to pretend MB b.3 decimates Bane, the fact of the matter is if you are blowing all of your meter guessing after his blockstrings (which by the by leave us at about +5 on average), Bane is able to counter with his own MB b.3s (since we don't need meter and ours is always slower meaning it hits after your hit is over), block, trade armor hits, or go completely over it with stuff like VU and MB VU. @Espio tried to MB b.3 me a few times in our sets last night as MMH. I'm sure he can testify that Bane has ways to avoid it. If you take a blockstring and Bane goes into a frame-trap (like 113 113, for example) Bane might end up knocking you out of armor for a free full-combo punish.

- Bane can cancel his jump-ins into MB b.3, and he can empty-jump. Its a nice theory to do it on his jump-ins, but you only have so much meter. Also unless he is splashing over your corpse, Bane usually won't be in the air.

- You can't react to command grab. You can make a read, but its a touch-box. Its faster the closer you are (with 20 frames marking its maximum distance, I think its about 5 frames faster at point-blank) or at least thats what I've seen through my testing. Even if you can, it recovers fast. If your Mb b.3 isn't fast, Bane can block it. If your MB b.3 is too fast, it'll trade with the armor. If it fits in that sweet-spot of speed, and you make the read, then sure. However, otherwise its easier said than done.

- Bane can beat or go even with a good majority of the cast simply because he has armor. Level 3 is icing on the cake, and it makes him in the discussion for top 5/top 6. A Bane usually will only use level 3 to pump out a 68% combo, and very VERY few MUs have going level 3 as a good idea in the neutral. Very very few. So the idea that level 3 Bane is needed to be viable is a bit of bad information, he is viable with level 1 venom because one hit of free armor on everything mixed with all of the corrections I made for you above make him viable along with good representation, good technicians, and smart players. Level 3 makes him broken.

- Debuff is a bill. You have 6 seconds to get from one side of the screen to the other against a character whose normals reach 1/3 of the screen and can AA almost any jump-in, who is still decently fast and has still-potent distance gaining ability with his backdash, who still has access to universal armor, can RESET his debuff using a transition or other cinematic, can still block. If you get hit by ANYTHING he is out of debuff and you are back in the blender. I'm sorry, but there is only one or two characters in this game who can even close the gap safely, and even they aren't always able to get optimal damage. Bane will always or almost always get the full duration of his level 3 buff. You, the opponent, will never get the full duration of his debuff. You'll be lucky to get any of it.

- Bane's base un-venomed damage isn't even that low. I can still get about 40% meterless and venomless. However, he isn't made to be played without venom, and adding just one level makes all of his damage worth any debuff you might take. As far as efficiency is concerned, Bane's trait gives him more damage than any other trait in the game (Flash's included), even adding in the debuff. 68% is a percentage that you can't simply "get back". As much of an "illusion" as it may be, at the end of the day he is taking less damage and dealing more while in trait. You are hardily ever "dealing" damage, you are just trading most of the time against a tank that keeps getting stronger. Even just trading DP on wake-up is favorable, and its our weakest special. Thats the big point you are missing, you don't play the neutral against Bane. You have to consider "how is my damage on wake-up"? Most of the match may very well be spent trying to chalk up a bit of damage against his buff bod.

I could go on, but I don't think I need to. Please let me know if you have any further concerns or doubts and I will answer them as such. While your points are fair, and somewhat true, there doesn't exist a character who can take advantage of everything barring 1, which no one plays (and hasn't been fully explored)

Last edited:

SuppaSapien3

To list off in order:

- Our normals have the longest reach in the game, and provide some of the highest on-hit advantages. We are also one of the few characters with an actual "low"-hit on jab in the form of d.1. Most moves have ghost hitboxes, and even when blocked there's a constant risk of tick throws. b.1 is probably the best stand-alone normal in the game. Its speed aside, its +16/+12/+3 on hit, block, and whiff respectively. He is probably the only character who has a move that leaves him at advantage when he MISSES with it. d.1 is +17 on hit. b.1 d.1 is a true blockstring. 113 is +3, b.23 is +5, Standing 1 is +20 on hit.

- One hit of armor is more than enough in most cases. Few characters have multi-hitting moves that trigger when hitting armor, let alone fast enough to trigger if so. One hit of armor for free on everything (including a 16 frame overhead, and a 10-frame Uppercut), especially armor that triggers on frame 0. The moment the input is made and input, if Bane can use any attack or there is any gap whatsoever, the armor will take effect. Add also projectile invulnerability at level 3, another free hit of armor, armor breaking... Venom gives us pretty much every tool we need to dismantle everything that isn't zatanna. In retrospect, very few characters even have the tools to combat venom.

- Slow jump speed yeah, but in exchange every jump-in gives us a tick throw on block, j.2 can be done as you leave the floor, body press gives us a huge hitbox that crosses-up and messes with inputs. Blocking it in the corner after a proper set-up is incredibly hard. If you don't have a wake-up to answer it, you have to hope you get lucky or hope that your dash is going the right direction. j.2 has massive reach, and it'll beat out a lot of d.2s including the ever-hyped DS d.2. j.3 creates a situation that can jail into standing 1, as can j.d.3. Slow jump speed even helps us sometimes. If we jumped faster, some of our best set-ups wouldn't work.

- Predictable mix-ups. Name me another character where everything has the potential to be a 33/33/33 mix-up. It doesn't matter that you can predict it, what matters is that you can't stop it, and its always in our favor when you guess. Hell, he wave a mix-up game when we are blocking other character's block-strings. No other character has so many options just off of the fact that we have armor as a omnipresent threat. Doomsday runs a train on most people after MB Venom, but against Bane he has to take a guess despite being at advantage. No other character has that.

- Mb b.3. @GGA 16 Bit can tell you, it doesn't always work. I've seen him go for Mb b.3s ala Ra Helios's advice, and I've seen @GGA Max click off of it and get a punish because DP recovers faster. Not to take shots at 16 bit, he is phenomenal, but he knows best about this kind of thing. Bane's armor can trade with yours, and if he does it with a lead-in (d.1, d.2, b.2, b.1, etc) his armor might even beat yours out. Its all a matter of timing, and if you try to Mb b.3 a Bane expecting a d.2xxBP, you may end up eating a charge for your troubles. While I would like to pretend MB b.3 decimates Bane, the fact of the matter is if you are blowing all of your meter guessing after his blockstrings (which by the by leave us at about +5 on average), Bane is able to counter with his own MB b.3s (since we don't need meter and ours is always slower meaning it hits after your hit is over), block, trade armor hits, or go completely over it with stuff like VU and MB VU. @Espio tried to MB b.3 me a few times in our sets last night as MMH. I'm sure he can testify that Bane has ways to avoid it. If you take a blockstring and Bane goes into a frame-trap (like 113 113, for example) Bane might end up knocking you out of armor for a free full-combo punish.

- Bane can cancel his jump-ins into MB b.3, and he can empty-jump. Its a nice theory to do it on his jump-ins, but you only have so much meter. Also unless he is splashing over your corpse, Bane usually won't be in the air.

- You can't react to command grab. You can make a read, but its a touch-box. Its faster the closer you are (with 20 frames marking its maximum distance, I think its about 5 frames faster at point-blank) or at least thats what I've seen through my testing. Even if you can, it recovers fast. If your Mb b.3 isn't fast, Bane can block it. If your MB b.3 is too fast, it'll trade with the armor. If it fits in that sweet-spot of speed, and you make the read, then sure. However, otherwise its easier said than done.

- Bane can beat or go even with a good majority of the cast simply because he has armor. Level 3 is icing on the cake, and it makes him in the discussion for top 5/top 6. A Bane usually will only use level 3 to pump out a 68% combo, and very VERY few MUs have going level 3 as a good idea in the neutral. Very very few. So the idea that level 3 Bane is needed to be viable is a bit of bad information, he is viable with level 1 venom because one hit of free armor on everything mixed with all of the corrections I made for you above make him viable along with good representation, good technicians, and smart players. Level 3 makes him broken.

- Debuff is a bill. You have 6 seconds to get from one side of the screen to the other against a character whose normals reach 1/3 of the screen and can AA almost any jump-in, who is still decently fast and has still-potent distance gaining ability with his backdash, who still has access to universal armor, can RESET his debuff using a transition or other cinematic, can still block. If you get hit by ANYTHING he is out of debuff and you are back in the blender. I'm sorry, but there is only one or two characters in this game who can even close the gap safely, and even they aren't always able to get optimal damage. Bane will always or almost always get the full duration of his level 3 buff. You, the opponent, will never get the full duration of his debuff. You'll be lucky to get any of it.

- Bane's base un-venomed damage isn't even that low. I can still get about 40% meterless and venomless. However, he isn't made to be played without venom, and adding just one level makes all of his damage worth any debuff you might take. As far as efficiency is concerned, Bane's trait gives him more damage than any other trait in the game (Flash's included), even adding in the debuff. 68% is a percentage that you can't simply "get back". As much of an "illusion" as it may be, at the end of the day he is taking less damage and dealing more while in trait. You are hardily ever "dealing" damage, you are just trading most of the time against a tank that keeps getting stronger. Even just trading DP on wake-up is favorable, and its our weakest special. Thats the big point you are missing, you don't play the neutral against Bane. You have to consider "how is my damage on wake-up"? Most of the match may very well be spent trying to chalk up a bit of damage against his buff bod.

I could go on, but I don't think I need to. Please let me know if you have any further concerns or doubts and I will answer them as such. While your points are fair, and somewhat true, there doesn't exist a character who can take advantage of everything barring 1, which no one plays (and hasn't been fully explored)

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Oh I forgot to mention, unlike a lot of characters you can't pushblock Bane off of you. There's that too... And quick stands, slow stands (45+ frames of advantage on knockdown), auto-corrects, tons of grab-immunity, the ability to dead-zone some moves, 0-death combos, and so on. I left out a lot.

@SuppaSapien3
I don't blame you because you actually have very common misconceptions, but please take my information into account when you consider Bane stuff in the future.
I don't expect or want you to take my word as pure truth because there are more factors we haven't taken into account. Its possible for Bane to lose pretty much any MU, or win any MU.
Its all about knowledge. If your opponent is unprepared, then it doesn't matter who they use. If they are, the Bane player better be ready to venom up.
However, to prevent bad information about my main, please understand why I approached my response as I did. I tried to give you the most objective answers I could.

SuppaSapien3

Oh I forgot to mention, unlike a lot of characters you can't pushblock Bane off of you. There's that too... And quick stands, slow stands (45+ frames of advantage on knockdown), auto-corrects, tons of grab-immunity, the ability to dead-zone some moves, 0-death combos, and so on. I left out a lot.

@SuppaSapien3
I don't blame you because you actually have very common misconceptions, but please take my information into account when you consider Bane stuff in the future.
I don't expect or want you to take my word as pure truth because there are more factors we haven't taken into account. Its possible for Bane to lose pretty much any MU, or win any MU.
Its all about knowledge. If your opponent is unprepared, then it doesn't matter who they use. If they are, the Bane player better be ready to venom up.
However, to prevent bad information about my main, please understand why I approached my response as I did. I tried to give you the most objective answers I could.
Dude don't apologize this is beautiful. This is what we are SUPPOSED to be doing on this forum, debating characters, and churning our theories and ideas in the proverbial fires and flames, so we can be stronger and hopefully come out as a masterful art of a pottery. But let me give you my argument from what I have witnessed seeing tourneys, and playing bane myself first hand. May take me a while to type.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Dude don't apologize this is beautiful. This is what we are SUPPOSED to be doing on this forum, debating characters, and churning our theories and ideas in the proverbial fires and flames, so we can be stronger and hopefully come out as a masterful art of a pottery. But let me give you my argument from what I have witnessed seeing tourneys, and playing bane myself first hand. May take me a while to type.
Take your time. I'll respond to it if I can, but I make no promises. I'm not incredibly fond of debating and I'm not a good example of a Bane player either given my lack of results and overall low skill level.

@GGA Max , @BiPolarExxpress , @RM_Biohazard , @Rally Jackson , and @DarthArma can probably give better Bane advice (and I know I'm forgetting a Bane in this mix, @Wetdoba and @Rev_ and @Kyu )

and

@GGA 16 Bit , @Pig Of The Hut , @HoneyBee , @Espio , and @RM Indecisive can give good Bane counterance advice given their skill levels, experience, and diverse character selections giving multiple outlooks on certain aspects of the MUs. What does work, what doesn't work, and certain interactions with multiple things Bane has trouble with (High unclashable damage and 50/50s we can't simply armor through, low-hanging projectiles, multi-hitting and jailing attacks, air-based zoning and orb zoning/offensive teleports, and teleport options negating some or most of our oki options).

So if you could defer to them as necessary for your discussion or sourcing, I would appreciate it. They know more about the practical side of things, where as I exist only in theory. (Also sorry to Bit for tagging him so often.)

SuppaSapien3

Lol didn't want to do the essay, but let me elaborate it little on your info, and why I believe what stops Bane form winning Bane in the highest play. hopefully some of the Bane players you mentioned can see this:

"Our normals have the longest reach in the game, and provide some of the highest on-hit advantages. We are also one of the few characters with an actual "low"-hit on jab in the form of d.1"
-All you have said here is very true, but you still are forgetting one very important thing. Even with all this Bane's D1 is still irrelevant against a weary player. Why do I state this bold claim? Bane's D1 takes 11 frames to come out. Even with Banes range on his normal, against any opponent holding back from the get go, (which should be practically anyone with any sense of the matchup), it still falls short. Which means, by Bane attempting this, he would risking getting whiffed punished depending on the character, most of who are used at high level like aquaman and martian. Even if Bane so happens to hit his d1, the only three options Bane has off getting it is to A. cancel into double punch which takes pretty poor damages and results in a teachable knockdown making it harder for bane to play his oki game. B. Opponent blocks it and Bane tries to jail into his Body Press which ON REATION, opponent can MB B3 as soon as they see the d1 finish or even hit him out with a non meterburned B3 if timed right because of B3 immunity to grabs. (And don't get me started on the fact that they can jump out) or C. Attepted to go into a frame trap or mixup with other normals, or even d1 again which leads back into what I am talking about.
P.S.: How is he plus on whiff lol
"d.1 is +17 on hit. b.1 d.1 is a true blockstring. 113 is +3, b.23 is +5, Standing 1 is +20 on hit."
There is something very interesting with the statement you made here. You mentioned his 113 string and his standing 1. But you fail to remember that these both hit high. So the only time you would even be able to hit these normals is if you would land a jumping attack or if you were to whiff pusnish the character, the later making the frames on block useless. And Bane jump is like really bad. I mean really bad if you are fighting a guy with his corp named after him or anyone with a decent D2. And even though his b1 is really good(hey this is the move I rely on most when I am playing Bane) the startup it takes just to land this move on block and the range of it gets easily outbeat by anyone looking for bane to press any button. 9/10 you would have got your opponent with this move only when they are afraid to push a button or if you gotten a lucky jump in.

"Bane can beat or go even with a good majority of the cast simply because he has armor."
"In retrospect, very few characters even have the tools to combat venom"

Oh Man. Was I a believer of this. Dude you are preaching to the choir on this one. That is until after 3 months of Bane and literally just coming out of practice before I sent this post I discovered one important thing. This statement IS A TOTAL SHAM. This is the main reason I realized that Bane isn't as good as a though he was. If you don't know how to fight Bane and you are reading this this would be a gem to add to your game. As long as these two conditions exist A. Bane is not in level 3 trait, and B. The opponent has meter there is a deadly tool in the game that everyone has to fight against Bane, and that is the God send of MB B3. You see something very interesting happens when Bane hits the opponent with a armored move and they MB B3. first of all any Armor Bane might have had is canceled out by the MB B3 armor, and the B3 is still able to hit him. It doesn't matter which. The charge and grab are both hit out. And when he does double punch, for some reason when he his the armor of the MB B3 it counts as a blocked move so his second hit doesn't come out and he gets hit. The only exception would be his uppercut but only because it crosses over. But seeing this is one of his unsafe moves I doubt you would see this move in play often. Knowing this, a opponent simply has to wait for Bane broadcasting a armored move and usually it happens after a blocked double punch. In practice on reaction I has able to punish Bane 80 percent of the time just from startup of his noves alone. And it is not as hard as you make it to be MB B3'ng Bane's armored moves. Just go in practice and get someone who knows how to play Bane and replicate a match with the sole gaol of MB B3's armored moves on reaction.

"Every jump-in gives us a tick throw on block, j.2 can be done as you leave the floor, body press gives us a huge hitbox that crosses-up and messes with inputs"
_I'm not gonna touch too mch on this because I do agree with you on a majority of these points. Pretty much everything I said about his jumps is what applys here.

I can go on but I wanna make one other important point. Even if bane blocks someones MB B3, or runs away during trait time, the work it takes for Bane to get in, compared to the work it takes for bane to get in is lopsided. Not only Does bane have to content with not having projectiles to fight with making it hard for him to get in, he has to content with opening the opponent up dealing with there mobility. Even doomsday with some of the worse backing dashing ever can easily run away from bane, forcing him to dash in and build meter to MB B3 him. Bane has no took outside of experience and reads to deal with this. Im getting tired now so I'll end the rest I have to say bit basically I will say this as summary:

1. Bane's Normals and jump are too slow and predictable to compete with a opponent with enough experience
2. Bane's single hit armor moves can easily be out beat by a MB 3, and even if he blocks opponent is still in a more favorable position.
3. Bane has no tooks to fight a smart opponent playing run away or stalling out the clock.
4. Bane's buff on level 3 is no substitute for the aforementioned about and for the debuff that he receives. If any Bane player wants to add your two sence I more than willing to hear them out.

Last edited:

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Lol didn't want to do the essay, but let me elaborate it little on your info, and why I believe what stops Bane form winning Bane in the highest play. hopefully some of the Bane players you mentioned can see this:

"Our normals have the longest reach in the game, and provide some of the highest on-hit advantages. We are also one of the few characters with an actual "low"-hit on jab in the form of d.1"
-All you have said here is very true, but you still are forgetting one very important thing. Even with all this Bane's D1 is still irrelevant against a weary player. Why do I state this bold claim? Bane's D1 takes 11 frames to come out. Even with Banes range on his normal, against any opponent holding back from the get go, (which should be practically anyone with any sense of the matchup), it still falls short out of a player away. Which means, by Bane attempting this, he would risking getting whiffed punished depending on the character, most of who are used at high level like aquaman and martian. Even if Bane so happens to hit his d1, the only three options Bane has off getting it is to A. cancel into double punch which takes pretty poor damages and results in a teachable knockdown making it harder for bane to play his oki game. B.Oponent blocks it and Bane tries to jail into his Body Press which ON REATION, opponent can MB B3 as soon as they see the d1 finish or even hit him out with a non meterburned B3 if timed right because of B3 immunity to grabs. (And don't get me started on the fact that they can jump out) or C. Attepted to go into a frame trap or mixup with other normals, or even d1 again which leads back into what I am talking about.
P.S.: How is he plus on whiff lol

I'll reply in blue. Bane's d.1 reach is still good against most of the cast because walkspeed isn't great for most characters. Also 11 frames is pretty short considering he can cancel his dash into normals. Anyone holding back naturally will be walking away from Bane, but very few (and I do mean very very very few) will be able to whiff punish. The only one that comes to mind is Superman with super. Bane isn't always hugely negative on whiff, his d.1 is actually pretty safe. MMH and aquaman both are not fast enough to punish Bane for throwing out a d.1 in footsie or peak range. They can outspeed it, but not punish it. Also d.1xxDP may be techable but Bane will recover fast enough to just chase you. If Bane had Lex mobility, the point would stand... however, Bane is probably the best in the game when it comes to dashes simply due to the distance he covers in the sort amount of time, and the fact that he can cancel his dashes. Also out of a d.1, Bane has other options. Being +17 on hit gives him the ability to pretty much do whatever he wants, being honest. Some Bane's like to fire off d.1 d.1 since the advantage prevents most escape options and conditions the opponent. Max usually does d.1 d.2xxBP which would actually beat out MB responses because of the armor timing.

P.S. I didn't design the game, but the move is active for 12 and recovers in 9. He can start blocking before the move is done.

"d.1 is +17 on hit. b.1 d.1 is a true blockstring. 113 is +3, b.23 is +5, Standing 1 is +20 on hit."
There is something very interesting with the statement you made here. You mentioned his 113 string and his standing 1. But you fail to remember that these both hit high. So the only time you would even be able to hit these normals is if you would land a jumping attack or if you were to whiff pusnish the character, the later making the frames on block useless. And Bane jump is like really bad. I mean really bad if you are fighting a guy with his corp named after him or anyone with a decent D2. And even though his b1 is really good(hey this is the move I rely on most when I am playing Bane) the startup it takes just to land this move on block and the range of it gets easily outbeat by anyone looking for bane to press any button. 9/10 you would have got your opponent with this move only when they are afraid to push a button or if you gotten a lucky jump in.

Actually a lot of moves jail into standing 1. b.1 can jail into it sometimes even. If you are looking to Mb b.3 Bane, you'll be in a standing position, and if you are looking to block an overhead, you'll be in the standing position as well. That doesn't include stagger states and the like either. 113 is actually something to mention because 11 isn't all that slow for its reach (I think its... 14 or 16 frames and covers roughly as much space as d.2), and you'll probably block at least one in the match. I do remember both of them hit high, but I also know Bane has ways to have his move hit, or at the very least, prevent the opponent from stopping him. For example, d.1 into 11 on hit will reach and the advantage will stop counterance.

"Bane can beat or go even with a good majority of the cast simply because he has armor."
"In retrospect, very few characters even have the tools to combat venom"

Oh Man. Was I a believer of this. Dude you are preaching to the choir on this one. That is until after 3 months of Bane and literally just coming out of practice before I sent this post I discovered one important thing. This statement IS A TOTAL SHAM. This is the main reason I realized that Bane isn't as good as a though he was. If you don't know how to fight Bane and you are reading this this would be a gem to add to your game. As long as these two conditions exist A. Bane is not in level 3 trait, and B. The opponent has meter there is a deadly took in the game that everyone has to fight against Bane and that is the God send of MB B3. You see something very interesting happens when Bane hits the opponent with a armored move and they MB B3. first of all any Armor Bane might have had is canceled out by the MB B3 armor, and the B3 is still able to hit him. It doesn't matter which. The charge and grab are both hit out. And when he des double punch, for some reason when he his the armor of the MB B3 it counts as a blocked move so his second hit doesnt come out and he gets hit. The only exception would be his uppercut but only because it crosses over. But seeing this is one of his unsafe moves I dubt you would see thsi move in play often. Knowing this, a opponent simply has to wait for a que from Bane that he will do a armored move and usually it happens after a blocked double punch. In practice on reaction I has able to punish Bane 80 percent of the time just from startup of his noves alone. And it is not as hard as you make it to be MB B3'ng Bane's armored moves. Just go in practice and get someone who knows how to play Bane and replicate a match with the sole gaol of MB B3's armored moves on reaction.

I welcome you to review some old GBS archives, anything with "GGA Max" in the title. You can see how MB b.3 interacts with armor. MB armor doesn't cancel out venom armor, and if the b.3 hits while armor is active then they clash armors. One doesn't get beaten unless the b.3 is 2 hits or Bane has armor breaker on. As I said before regarding this, its all about timing. Its also a large misconception, but one that has been put to rest through practice.

"Every jump-in gives us a tick throw on block, j.2 can be done as you leave the floor, body press gives us a huge hitbox that crosses-up and messes with inputs"
_I'm not gonna touch too mch on this because I do agree with you on a majority of these points. Pretty much everything I said about his jumps is what applys here.

I can go on but I wann make one other important point. Even if bane blocks someones MB B3, or runs away during trait time, the work it takes for Bane to get in, compared to the work it takes for bane to get in is lopsided. Not only Does bane have to content with not having projectiles to fight with maiking it hard for him to get in, he has to content with opening the opponent up dealing with there mobility. Even doomsday with some of the worse backing dashing ever can easly run away from bane, forcing him to dash in and build meter to MB B3 him. Bane has no took outside of experience and reads to deal with this. Im getting tired now so I'll end the rest I have to say bit basically I will say this as summary:

You disregard Bane's mobility here, the guy can cover the entire screen in 2 dashes, each about 15 frames, or 12 frames if you know how to cancel dash into dash. Its very hard to keep Bane out, one might say if you aren't Zatanna its impossible to keep him out indefinitely. You can't run from Bane.

1. Bane's Normals and jump are too slow and predictable to compete with a opponent with enough experience
2. Bane's single hit armor moves can easily be out beat by a MB 3, and even if he blocks opponent is still in a more favorable position.
3. Bane has no tooks to fight a smart opponent playing run away or stalling out the clock.
4. Bane's buff on level 3 is no substitute for the aforementioned about and for the debuff that he receives. If any Bane player wants to add your two sence I more than willing to hear them out.
I went ahead and gave my input because it was short.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I went ahead and gave my input because it was short.

I think maybe he's just free to MBB3 because it's easy to read him. You can't just MBB3 "when you see a command grab" because you have to be scouting a command grab to be able to do that, which means Bane is free to do as he pleases.