What's new

I Am Gotham's Reckoning -- Bane General Discussion Thread

I'm starting to agree with you. We're up playing him to fuck lol
I thought we were OK against Green Lantern until I saw the full fucking screen chain gun. There is literally NOTHING you can do but stand there. Ok, trait wears off. He's built meter and is building more. MB chain chain gun. MB rocket. Jump over and turbine away if you get close lol

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
Pretty much. Only MB Double Punch if you need to corner carry, MB Body Press for damage and Venom debuff time-wasting as well as holding back to throw them the other way for reversing positions. Use MB Venom Uppercut in the corner for an inescapable Body Press follow up.
tell me more about this Venom Upper to inescapable Body Press. I feel like I've missed something.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I think Bane loses a lot more matchups than we are giving him credit for. No one plays him so no one bothers figuring anything out against him.

And there I go talking out my ass again.
Only 2-3 good players use him at the moment, give him time.

Bane is not shit. Who cares about 5-5 and 4-6 matchups? The only matchups you should be worried about are 3-7+.

TYM gets so caught in the words "my character loses this matchup" that they disregard 6-4 matchups mean slight advantage.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Only 2-3 good players use him at the moment, give him time.

Bane is not shit. Who cares about 5-5 and 4-6 matchups? The only matchups you should be worried about are 3-7+.

TYM gets so caught in the words "my character loses this matchup" that they disregard 6-4 matchups mean slight advantage.
Who else uses him other than Mustard? He's the only one to get results AFAIK.

He's not shit, by the way, that's definitely true

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Frame data after experimenting

JD3 is +7 to +9 from max height
Same with J2
J3 is - at max height and +7 at lowest
J1 is - at max height and +7 at lowest

It's actually nice that he doesn't get free frametraps, you can keep 50/50ing a knowledgeable opponent after every jump, your 113 will always beat anything and you can link it to command grab for 26%

when they respect it you can start frametrapping with B1

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Frame data after experimenting

JD3 is +7 to +9 from max height
Same with J2
J3 is - at max height and +7 at lowest
J1 is - at max height and +7 at lowest

It's actually nice that he doesn't get free frametraps, you can keep 50/50ing a knowledgeable opponent after every jump, your 113 will always beat anything and you can link it to command grab for 26%

when they respect it you can start frametrapping with B1
B.1 on block to d.1 is a true block string and links to double punch

+12 to an 11 frame move, double low into overhead

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
B.1 on block to d.1 is a true block string and links to double punch

+12 to an 11 frame move, double low into overhead
Too little reward and predictable. I do either B1 command grab or B112 command grab/double punch

After DP is blocked banes pressure becomes gimmicky as fuck so I try to avoid it.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Too little reward and predictable. I do either B1 command grab or B112 command grab/double punch

After DP is blocked banes pressure becomes gimmicky as fuck so I try to avoid it.
It's mix ups mang

50/50 guesses with DP, command grab, make it really solid especially in then corner.

Hiryu02

Noob
I was gonna say, coming from an Abel background, having an armored special or grab available after being at slight disadvantage fucks with your opponent's punishment if he thinks he can't just get a free normal out for fear of eating an armored attack. Especially one that leads to knockdown and possible further pressure.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
It's mix ups mang

50/50 guesses with DP, command grab, make it really solid especially in then corner.
B1 followups are always better in terms of damage and risk

D1 to DP is just a mixup you can do incase you're desperate for dmg.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
B1 followups are always better in terms of damage and risk

D1 to DP is just a mixup you can do incase you're desperate for dmg.
DP or command grab is a 50/50

According to PND_Mustard you can't back dash body press

So with Venom the opponent has to guess to back dash double punch or jump body press

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
No, d1 to DP is dangerous because the opponent has to respect the DP, so when they start to block, you get d1, body press. And when they start trying to jump out of that, you can hit confirm d1 and then get b23 frame trap. Not just talking theory here, I do this all the time and it's hard to deal with if you can actually get into max d1 range.

Also, I was in the lab and figured out that d1 stuffs wakeups. The timing is very difficult but I set Aquaman to do Trident Scoop and Trident Rush on wakeup, and with the right timing, I was able to stuff both of them with d1. The timing feels like maybe a 2-3 frame window.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
No, d1 to DP is dangerous because the opponent has to respect the DP, so when they start to block, you get d1, body press. And when they start trying to jump out of that, you can hit confirm d1 and then get b23 frame trap. Not just talking theory here, I do this all the time and it's hard to deal with if you can actually get into max d1 range.

Also, I was in the lab and figured out that d1 stuffs wakeups. The timing is very difficult but I set Aquaman to do Trident Scoop and Trident Rush on wakeup, and with the right timing, I was able to stuff both of them with d1. The timing feels like maybe a 2-3 frame window.
Good stuff!

There's a lot I have to update my pressure guide with, good thing school's out next week :D

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
DP or command grab is a 50/50

According to PND_Mustard you can't back dash body press

So with Venom the opponent has to guess to back dash double punch or jump body press

so youd rather have a mixup of 7% if you guess right with DP 18% if with command grab

than 26% if you guess right with B112 command grab or 18% with B1 command grab?

and you cant even be punished for doing those while if the opponent reads what you'll do in your scenario they either full combo punish you or escape your pressure completely. the setup im saying leaves you at worst -4

RYX

BIG PUSHER

so youd rather have a mixup of 7% if you guess right with DP 18% if with command grab

than 26% if you guess right with B112 command grab or 18% with B1 command grab?

and you cant even be punished for doing those while if the opponent reads what you'll do in your scenario they either full combo punish you or escape your pressure completely. the setup im saying leaves you at worst -4
when did i say that?

I'm saying it's a 50/50.

what makes those options safer then? b.1 command grab is good but b112 can be escaped. command grab can be neutral jumped in your situations and full combo punished.

i'm not sure what you're saying here.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
when did i say that?

I'm saying it's a 50/50.

what makes those options safer then? b.1 command grab is good but b112 can be escaped. command grab can be neutral jumped in your situations and full combo punished.

i'm not sure what you're saying here.
After your opponent respect your jump in advantage you can do either B1, B1 command grab or B113 command grab/double punch

you can hit let go a b1 for +12

do B1 command grab to let them know you can hit them with a unblockable to oki

and you can just let go of b112 and hitconfirm it into command grab on hit and double punch on block.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
Haha wow, forget what I said about d1 stuffing Aquaman. You can stuff him with anything if you time it as soon as he gets on his feet. You can do 113 on his wakeup and it stuffs Scoop and Rush.

The setup I did was:
Body Press. Then punish the wakeup with 113, DB MB, 123 ring toss for 38% 2 bars, no venom and corner carry.
If you juice up to lvl 3 before the 2nd hit of body press and then do the combo, you get (22% + 57%) 79% dmg total.

Finding some other things you can do on Aquaman's wakeup. Probably just gonna make a whole vid on how to punish him.