What's new

I Am Gotham's Reckoning -- Bane General Discussion Thread

RYX

BIG PUSHER
the range on his normals makes him really good at it. 1, 2, b.23(this moves travels crazy far lol) and even f.2 are solid whiff punishing tools.

Double Punch, body press and in some cases venom uppercut are also good at it.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
the range on his normals makes him really good at it. 1, 2, b.23(this moves travels crazy far lol) and even f.2 are solid whiff punishing tools.

Double Punch, body press and in some cases venom uppercut are also good at it.
i dissagree with b23 being a good whiff punisher, it has to be done moves with awful recovery, or they'll just backdash and whiff punish your b23 themselves.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
i dissagree with b23 being a good whiff punisher, it has to be done moves with awful recovery, or they'll just backdash and whiff punish your b23 themselves.
depends when you b.23. if you're doing it on a late reaction then no, but if you know your spacing you can do it consistently. I've been practicing it with a lot of moves, I think I'm getting comfortable enough in a few match-ups to use it.

I do it as soon as I see the move whiffing, generally it hits, especially on moves with upward trajectory.

Oogalord

Noob
I would to know what you guys think should be included. Tag me or quote this post to let me know.
i'd say the basic essentials are

-Venom usage; the importance of Bane's armored specials and the risk/reward factor
-Bane's oki game
-the importance of the d1 and how it opens up B23 combos/frame trap

other stuff would be 113/223/b112 as important strings to know, and of course don't forget about MB b3 and his normal throws.

Reactions: RYX

RYX

BIG PUSHER
PND_Mustard

Thought I should tell you since we bicker about it so much

There's a range where AM's scoop will only hit once so you can armor it and blow him up. It's like a character space away. I THINK there's a tiny area where you won't get hit at all and still manage to hit him.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
PND_Mustard

Thought I should tell you since we bicker about it so much

There's a range where AM's scoop will only hit once so you can armor it and blow him up. It's like a character space away. I THINK there's a tiny area where you won't get hit at all and still manage to hit him.
scoop hasn't been an issue for me since the nerf :p

I think I've had about enough of this character. It gets old watching your opponent build massive amounts of meter while you're trying to navigate your way in. I'm no FG vet, but can definitely see why he is one of the worst in the game. One wrong guess on your part and off they go again.

It's not the opponent that has to guess., it's Bane that has to guess to keep up the offense.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I think I've had about enough of this character. It gets old watching your opponent build massive amounts of meter while you're trying to navigate your way in. I'm no FG vet, but can definitely see why he is one of the worst in the game. One wrong guess on your part and off they go again.

It's not the opponent that has to guess., it's Bane that has to guess to keep up the offense.
That's a shame. You can leave your card on the counter on your way out.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Is the SF4 online better or worse than injustice?
As far as lag or other concerns, its a fair difference as long as you are playing in the same country. Not much difference to be had, rather.

If you are talking overall, I don't feel SF4 is very good per se, and Injustice still has so much to discover within it. Leaving now would be a waste.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I remember there were a few posts yesterday were we were bashing on the F1 move. Well I decided to test it out against dashing attacks. I set Doomsday to do his Venom on wake up, tossed him mid screen and tried it out. It actually works. Because it's an abismly slow normal the timing is very tight but it caused a knockdown. You'd have to read someone pretty well to pull it off but at least it can do something. I need to try it out on other characters like Catwoman.