What's new

I Am Gotham's Reckoning -- Bane General Discussion Thread

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I remember there were a few posts yesterday were we were bashing on the F1 move. Well I decided to test it out against dashing attacks. I set Doomsday to do his Venom on wake up, tossed him mid screen and tried it out. It actually works. Because it's an abismly slow normal the timing is very tight but it caused a knockdown. You'd have to read someone pretty well to pull it off but at least it can do something. I need to try it out on other characters like Catwoman.
One time I was fucking up this Flash player and he was down to a small amount of health. Now in tradition with online dummies, he tried to land that desperation super. I input raging charge but the super fucks up my inputs so I get f.1.

As he comes at me... I shove him. And he dies. And I lost it and he left immediately after lol

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
One time I was fucking up this Flash player and he was down to a small amount of health. Now in tradition with online dummies, he tried to land that desperation super. I input raging charge but the super fucks up my inputs so I get f.1.

As he comes at me... I shove him. And he dies. And I lost it and he left immediately after lol
Oh man that's pricelss! Does it get armor or something with lvl3? Or was it just a chip type trade

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Oh man that's pricelss! Does it get armor or something with lvl3? Or was it just a chip type trade
They traded lol

I had a pixel of life left vs an Arrow player and he went to try and super me. (He had few life left too ) He was cornered so I did D.1 D.1 VU and smashed him RIGHT as super hits me and I win the game but got launched off screen lol

LEGI0N47

They traded lol

I had a pixel of life left vs an Arrow player and he went to try and super me. (He had few life left too ) He was cornered so I did D.1 D.1 VU and smashed him RIGHT as super hits me and I win the game but got launched off screen lol
LOL oh the salt there must have been from that. Best I've had was I was Arrow and started a super as someone got on the motorcycle on Wayne Manor. They stayed on the motorcycle when they got blew offscreen from the super.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Yeah hah. One game nori tried to use a non-venomed uppercut on wake up and I did a f1 by accident. Turns out it hit through and smacked that shit down, I was like "get dat shit outta here"

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Also against GA trying to reset me on wake-up, I love going level 3 and wake up super his arse. Arrows too slow, enjoy the 54%

This may seem to be a weird question, but is there a way to control Bane's BF1?

I'm asking this because sometimes if it hits, he goes past the opponent too far for a D2 to hit on an opponent getting up. Other times he's decidedly closer. The opponent can't roll so.......

I just want to know if there's a way to keep Bane close as possible after the BF1. I've been holding B during it, thinking it makes a difference. :confused:

RYX

BIG PUSHER
This may seem to be a weird question, but is there a way to control Bane's BF1?

I'm asking this because sometimes if it hits, he goes past the opponent too far for a D2 to hit on an opponent getting up. Other times he's decidedly closer. The opponent can't roll so.......

I just want to know if there's a way to keep Bane close as possible after the BF1. I've been holding B during it, thinking it makes a difference. :confused:
Nope it sucks most of the time since a move that provides a hard knockdown and has so little real advantage compared to the speed of his moves sometimes puts you too far to even do anything.

B.B.B - Better Buff Bane #BBB

LEGI0N47

Not sure if serious.

After BF1 you are close enough for a cmd grab. well timed it will nail em, especially if they try to sit & block.

If you do 113~BF1 you will be very close to them and can actually dash across thier body.

F2D~BF1 will also put you very close, but not as close as the above.

Oh ok. I'm new trying to use Bane. I dig his style.

I like his D2 for oki after a naked BF1 because (sometimes) it's at the tip of its range if the BF1 connects. If the D2 connects vs their wakeup, free combo into BF1/DBF3. If they have wakeup that's better than DF2, well since I buffed BF1 again, the charge usually overrides whatever was gonna override D2. It whiffs vs backdash though and the BF1 doesn't come out. But i'm pretty sure you guys knew that already.

Seems like the only incentive to use MB for his moves is for extra damage alone. I don't think any of the special move MBs help him for his oki.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Oh ok. I'm new trying to use Bane. I dig his style.

I like his D2 for oki after a naked BF1 because (sometimes) it's at the tip of its range if the BF1 connects. If the D2 connects vs their wakeup, free combo into BF1/DBF3. If they have wakeup that's better than DF2, well since I buffed BF1 again, the charge usually overrides whatever was gonna override D2. It whiffs vs backdash though and the BF1 doesn't come out. But i'm pretty sure you guys knew that already.

Seems like the only incentive to use MB for his moves is for extra damage alone. I don't think any of the special move MBs help him for his oki.
Pretty much. Only MB Double Punch if you need to corner carry, MB Body Press for damage and Venom debuff time-wasting as well as holding back to throw them the other way for reversing positions. Use MB Venom Uppercut in the corner for an inescapable Body Press follow up.

Hiryu02

Noob
MB Body Press does give you an extra bit of wall carry, it definitely throws them farther away from you. I stick to using regular Body Press so I can maintain pressure unless I'm close enough to the wall.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Killer Frost's slide is a fucking joke
I hate trying to time the armor on my grab so that I don't just get beat out, and it trades and I get blown up anyway.

That's just dumb, why does it have so much invincibility.

I hate trying to time the armor on my grab so that I don't just get beat out, and it trades and I get blown up anyway.

That's just dumb, why does it have so much invincibility.
It will also beat charge with armor if she is far enough away.

I think Bane loses a lot more matchups than we are giving him credit for. No one plays him so no one bothers figuring anything out against him.

And there I go talking out my ass again.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I think Bane loses a lot more matchups than we are giving him credit for. No one plays him so no one bothers figuring anything out against him.

And there I go talking out my ass again.
I'm starting to agree with you. We're up playing him to fuck lol