What's new

HYPEST MOMENT OF FINAL ROUND 19 - KillTron vs EVB Viking 305

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
A lot of respect, glad to see, good jax, just need some more MU knowledge like sonya and punish her dive with F3 and not F2

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
Don't know if this was because I didn't watch live or because everything I saw from final round was from REO's highlights but I felt like the ten games I watched before de-hyped me to this match and I was very underwhelmed and surprised at the crowds reaction.

Pretty cool for the kid though (but I have to admit I was cheering for the scorp)

G4S MinotaurLord

Wielder of Toxins
I lost my shit watching those matches on the stream! I definitely screamed in my apartment (you can find my post in all caps in the actual tournament thread when it happened IRL). Props for amazingly hype matches and excellent play!

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
What I think people aren't understanding is that EVB DR Viking is a very high level player. When he was in South Florida he used to win the weeklies. @Kitana Prime can back this up.

Not only was this just a HUGE upset it was by an underage kid, that most of the community has never heard of, was disabled and was cool as hell after he won.

Now I don't have him on Facebook or Twitter or anything like that, but he doesn't seem like the person that is cocky or will brag about this.

Also, if you are in a tournament setting and you see someone that is disabled in any kind of way thank them for coming out, I will go out on a limb and say 80% of disabled gamer's never travel because they are embarrassed or don't want to be starred at all day.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
It WAS more hype because most thought he was a 10 year old girl. I mean, a 10 year old bopping a top player is one thing, a girl bopping a top player is another, but a 10 year old girl!!?? Not to mention one who has a disability.

That said, once we found out he was a he and 17, it doesn't take away from the moment or hype. Well maybe a little, but it's still the greatest MKX moment to date, for me at least. It was awesome hearing top SF players were rushing over to watch and people like Floe saying it was one of the hypest things he's ever seen.

Congrats to Killtron for creating the hype and being humble, hope to see you continue to be successful!

TheKingsAutopsy

The Bow, The Bird
I just now learned that Killtron isn't a 10 year old girl from this thread and a large part of the hype I felt during that much died in me.