What's new

Human ignorance rolled into one stupid woman

Yeah, she's dumb.

But my question is why is this even a show. Who invited that skank and thought this would be an interesting subject of discussion lol.

Breaker

~AKUMA~
People like this need to walk to the beach and just continue into the water, we're running out of supplies to support these cancer cells of society.

Breaker

~AKUMA~
This angered me beyond recognition. My name is Armani, this stero-typed blond idiot would think I'm named after the designer. Due to lack of education in her blood-line she fails to realize my name is Persian and that it means "Universes gift"

tazzmission

Banned
It's absolutely mind blowing that people can be this ignorant.

On a UK television show called "This Morning", a former star on the show "The Apprentice" called Katie Hopkins gives her opinion on a childs first name, and how her perception of those children is judged instantly, meaning she refuses to let her own children hang out with them.

Basically, if you have a first name that she thinks sounds like it isn't middle class and above, you're a scumbag and her children are too good to play with you.

What do you guys think of this?

wheres chris brown when you need him to smack a bitch?

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Keep in mind that my opinion is that of a teacher, dealing with hundreds of students per day. I've worked in two school districts, and have friends working in other Canadian provinces that have noticed the same trends with the same names. However, I disagree 100% with the "class" argument, and I do give each student I meet a fair shot.

Given Names: Certain names DO result in kids that are more likely to be little shitheads.
Straight up, you should not be a teacher if you're making that type of appalling judgement based on a first name. That's as awful as the idiot from the show. Seriously, be ashamed.

Also lol @ REO trolling this thread about Pig, Tom Brady, Dave, and himself.

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
Straight up, you should not be a teacher if you're making that type of appalling judgement based on a first name. That's as awful as the idiot from the show. Seriously, be ashamed.
You should re-read my post.
1. I give every kid I meet a fair chance to prove themselves.
2. Even so, certain names seem to result in kids being shitheads. Fellow teachers in other provinces have noticed the same trend with the same names.

I'm not making "an appalling judgement based on a first name", I'm noticing a trend. Yet still I don't prejudge. I view this as me being aware, yet still fair.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
You should re-read my post.
1. I give every kid I meet a fair chance to prove themselves.
2. Even so, certain names seem to result in kids being shitheads. Fellow teachers in other provinces have noticed the same trend with the same names.

I'm not making "an appalling judgement based on a first name", I'm noticing a trend. Yet still I don't prejudge. I view this as me being aware, yet still fair.
Yeah "shit myself and some other teachers I work with noticed " sounds like an empirical, insightful, and highly academic hypothesis. The fact that you would even suggest this as objective observation in support of a trend makes me think you might not even realize how bias / prejudice works.

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
Yeah "shit myself and some other teachers I work with noticed " sounds like an empirical, insightful, and highly academic hypothesis. The fact that you would even suggest this as objective observation in support of a trend makes me think you might not even realize how bias / prejudice works.
Well I could state the number of teachers in how many school districts have come to an independent conclusion regarding the same name. I could even go out of my way to collect data on the percentage of these students that have had behavioral issues compared to other names. But at the end of the day I just don't care enough to prove the point. So if you wish to believe that myself and other teachers harbor a prejudice against a particular name, you go ahead. :)

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Well I could state the number of teachers in how many school districts have come to an independent conclusion regarding the same name. I could even go out of my way to collect data on the percentage of these students that have had behavioral issues compared to other names. But at the end of the day I just don't care enough to prove the point. So if you wish to believe that myself and other teachers harbor a prejudice against a particular name, you go ahead. :)
Nah, what I will do though is stop talking to you.

Dude, she's got a point, why should my children ever value friendship in someone named Ryan when based off of my experience, he'll most likely jab their faces in within 6 frames?

In all seriousness, I've never heard societal madness like this. What the actual fuck...
I'm Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question.

Sent from my Gameboy Color using Tapatalk 2

This is sickening, but ultimately not surprising.

She's extremely elitist on the whole. Other shitty things she's said:
* She's claimed that discrimination against women in the workplace isn't a thing and that it's their own fault for taking too much maternity leave WTF. Never mind that the only reason she could go back to work so early is because she had a frickin' nanny.
* If you get sexually harassed while wearing 'revealing' clothing, apparently that's your own fault too!

Basically she's unable to empathise with anyone that isn't exactly like her. Urgh.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
The only thing common this middle class woman has done is go onto daytime television. Can we drop this now?