What's new

Human Cyrax should have a different tier placement

Seriously, he cant do all this 80% combo stuff, as well as several small other differences, and i have a friend who mains human cyrax because he dosent like using the resets. he says its unfair. Yet he still gets hated when he tells someone he uses cyrax. Secktor has small differences on his human counterpart as well. I think the human robots should be treated as separate characters.

Mosp

Noob
Seriously, he cant do all this 80% combo stuff, as well as several small other differences, and i have a friend who mains human cyrax because he dosent like using the resets. he says its unfair. Yet he still gets hated when he tells someone he uses cyrax. Secktor has small differences on his human counterpart as well. I think the human robots should be treated as separate characters.
They pretty much are treated as separate characters and why doesn't your friend just use the robot cyrax with his non-reset BnB? It will make his life much easier, human cyrax's bombs are sooo slow.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
While human Sektor is slightly better than robo and has to be at the same spot, human Cyrax is a lot different from robo Cyrax. I don't know the differences, but he cannot do resets and is slower, which definitely places him below A.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Human can do resets. He can also do the regular 60% bnb. Ive done a 70% 3 bar non reset with him, but could probably make that a bit higher.

His combos are still strong.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Human Cyrax is almost as good as Cyber version. But I do agree that they should be considered different characters on different tier levels.

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
Actually in terms of mobility Human Cyrax is better, and can do most of the combos Cyrax can. He have a completely safe teleport wich helps a lot geting in. Only the bombs are slower and the net as far as I know, but this is something that does not count if you can use Rax.
Even in this case I will not use him. It's just that Cyrax is a cyborg, not a rastafari.

McNasty

Moist.
Frieda the MK player from Japan strictly used human cyrax because of the teleport. He was harder to zone and keep in the corner.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I spent a good deal of time with Swift Tom Hanks talking about the differences (both Cyrax and Sektor, who definitely has an upper hand on his robot form specials-wise, idk why more Sektor players dont go humanoid...), and after going through the pros and cons, I definitely plan on studying his ways/possibly switching sides and learning the differences/different options of Human Cyrax.
The thought of having a safe teleport at my disposal is totally worth having to re-learn the timing on the BnB's. It's not like picking up a whole new character, just a matter of adjusting to the speed and running through the matchups to make sure all the usual tricks still work.

That, and I love that his Bombs look like Dragon Balls. Spirit Bombs FTW.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
yeah he has a safe tele... that makes him so much better than robo... puhhlease!

Same tier placement, if a player would only specialized in using the human version then he would not have any problem with adapting to him, but since no one uses human cyrax exclusively there's no telling what kind of potential he really has.

And that's why after my last final exam on wednesday, im going hardcore on that human cyrax black ass!

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
He has waaaaay more than just a safe tele. His combos require different timing but they are all there. Hes capable of fighting matchups that regular cyrax has a difficult time with.

AK Toxic

Graphic Designer
From what I've seen, I still feel robo Cy is better than cyblax and here's why

pros: good damage output, safe teleport
cons: slow start up bombs, net recovery is terrible, not as many resets, tougher resets in my opinion because of the slow start up from the bombs
that's imo

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Should he also not have his own sub forum and be regarded as a completely different beast? And the way he plays from techno-rax is different enough to consider because theres stuff you need to change in your playstyle, like bomb fields are harder to use, nets have worse recovery, however your safe teleport perhaps hints that getting in with rasta-rax completely safely is priority to throwing out bombs and nets full screen all day?

More work needs to be done before people can really start rating him, different timings on specials and in combos perhaps mean that he could branch from the techno-rax bnb's and develop his own as well as different strategies and take his game to a whole new level. I mean cyrax (both form) have a good upclose game that people dont often take note of because they are too busy pissing about with bomb resets and traps to get in, and human cyrax has that way in.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
yeah he has a safe tele... that makes him so much better than robo... puhhlease!

Same tier placement, if a player would only specialized in using the human version then he would not have any problem with adapting to him, but since no one uses human cyrax exclusively there's no telling what kind of potential he really has.

And that's why after my last final exam on wednesday, im going hardcore on that human cyrax black ass!
After tonight I'm off for a couple days so I'll go and experiment with him. I honestly never played with Human Cyrax but by mistake picking the wrong costume. If Tony T says he's good I'll try him out.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
bombs make no noise and are hardly visible and nets go under any instant air fireball which is a huge plus for human cyrax. Hes built for fighting runaway better then regular cyrax.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
From what I've seen, I still feel robo Cy is better than cyblax and here's why

pros: good damage output, safe teleport
cons: slow start up bombs, net recovery is terrible, not as many resets, tougher resets in my opinion because of the slow start up from the bombs
that's imo
Honestly, I kind of like the idea of a slower recovering Net, if only because Im terrible with resisting the urge to throw them, so knowing that tossing one out for a less-than-substantial reason or in the middle of a string is gonna get me bodied will make me a LOT more careful with how I use them...

nets go under any instant air fireball which is a huge plus for human cyrax.
Oooooooooooooh...Boxy likey...

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
No one is gonna convince me human rax is better than robo rax...Yeah maybe we need to practice with him go get his timing straight but he just feels to slow and clunky and his recovery in certain moves sucks, robo feels like a more mobile and agile character imo.

But yeah, i'll test him out thoroughly tomorrow and see how good he really can be.