What's new

How would you design MK v.s. SF?

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
I didn't see any threads like this in the search.

Roster
Scorpion
Sub zero
Liu kang
Kung Lao
Sonya
Kitana
Mileena
Cyrax
Smoke
Shang tsung
Johnny cage
Reptile
Raiden
Baraka
Rain/kenshi/Skarlet/?
Shao Khan ( boss )

Ryu
Ken
Akuma
Chun Li
Sagot
Blanka
C. Viper
Ibuki
Dalsim
Cammy
E Honda
Guile
Rufus
Vega
Bison
Seth (Boss)

Controls
1 light punch
2 heavy punch
3 light kick
4 heavy kick
1+3 grab
Block button
Stance Change button = dash button
2+4 focus attack
Attack + block for ex
( direction input ) + block + dash for xray
( direction input ) + bumpers ( l1 r1/ lb rb ) for super

Meter
Three bars ( mk esque )
Super move
Ex moves
Breaker
Utra bar ( SF esque )
X-ray

Combos
Strings ( mk esques )
One launcher per character
One version of each move ( not including ex)

Motions
Qcb
Qcf
Hcb
Hcf
Bf
Du
Qcb f
Qcf b

Grapchis
SF esques

Finisher
Fatality

This is what I thought of
Tell me what you think
add ideas

SLy

Noob
I think it will suck unless they pull off something we never seen before and be successful at doing it.
MK and SF playstyle just cant co exist with eachother atm..

Unless boon has an Idea that'll work.

Lazoruz

Closer to the coffin, but still kicking..!
Drop Seth, and Akuma add Zangeif & Fe Long... M.Bison should be the boss for the SF cast, he always has been. I'd say instead of Rain, Kenshi or Skarlet add Sheeva and make her viable sense has been in the game longer and is a more staple member of the cast. Drop Smoke, add Jax. Also, NO BLOCK BUTTON, make it like Injustice. For graphics I'd love to see the Street Fighter cast in a realistic style like Injustice also. Meter should be 4 bars with a combo breaker.

Lazoruz

make mk characters have a block button and make sf chars b2block
Honestly back to block is more of a staple in fighting games that a "Block Button" always has been. I thin NRs realized this with Injustice and people come to expect it now, so Back-To-Block should be the way to go IMO.

Reactions: SLy

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
Honestly back to block is more of a staple in fighting games that a "Block Button" always has been. I thin NRs realized this with Injustice and people come to expect it now, so Back-To-Block should be the way to go IMO.
but lbsh b2block is not mk and it never will be. it's just one of those things that make mk , mortal kombat.

Lazoruz

but lbsh b2block is not mk and it never will be.
You have to remember that this would be a 'Cross-Over" game and thus any staples would be balanced out. Using a 3 button attack layout + one button for Ex/Special moves and back to block in different from both games, so your balancing the game styles in both directions.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
  1. Maybe with option for choose between block button and holding back defense command
  2. In order to please SF producers, fatalities can only be done when a MK character faces another MK character .... when a MK character fights a SF character, fatalities are automatically turned OFF
  3. 6 buttons (light , medium , heavy)
  4. Skarlet, Mileena, Raiden, Smoke, Scorpion, Sub Zero, Liu Kang, Sonya, Johnny Cage, Kitana, Shang Tsung and Reptile for MK roster part
  5. Ryu, Ken, Chun Li, Guile, Fei Long, Cammy, Blanka, Vega, Bison, Sagat, Akuma, Crimson Viper for SF roster part
  6. MK fighters use X-Ray moves, SF use ultra special moves

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
You have to remember that this would be a 'Cross-Over" game and thus any staples would be balanced out. Using a 3 button attack layout + one button for Ex/Special moves and back to block in different from both games, so your balancing the game styles in both directions.
oh... i was kinda hoping for a mashup lol

Lazoruz

1. Maybe with option for choose between block button and holding back defense command
  2. In order to please SF producers, fatalities can only be done when a MK character faces another MK character .... when a MK character fights a SF character, fatalities are automatically turned OFF
1. Is impossible to do correctly and work into a fighting game and have character balance as well.
2. Why not just make the SF Ultras into the Finishing moves?

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
the second you mention a Block Button its not SF and the second its hold back to block its not MK...

Hmmmmm what to do , What to do ?
Different mechanics based on which character you pick. MK characters get the block button and become immune to crossups. In return, sf characters get the parry from third strike. My friend and I were discussing this a long time ago. Sure, it would make no sense, but neither would this crossover. :) #justanidea

Lazoruz

Different mechanics based on which character you pick. MK characters get the block button and become immune to crossups. In return, sf characters get the parry from third strike. My friend and I were discussing this a long time ago. Sure, it would make no sense, but neither would this crossover. :) #justanidea
Are you insane? Immune to cross-ups? Do you have any idea what a nightmare for programmers that would be, as well as how much it would screw up frame data? As well as imbalance the game completely!

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Are you insane? Immune to cross-ups? Do you have any idea what a nightmare for programmers that would be, as well as how much it would screw up frame data? As well as imbalance the game completely!
You misunderstand. If there is a block button, you can't be crossed up. And thank you for telling me how hard it would be to program and imbalance this game that will never ever exist. Read the hashtag ffs. #lrn2readplz

Flagg

Noob
You have an option where by you can choose to press a button to block or hold back.

4 attacks, 2 punches and 2 kicks...that's worked for Capcom fighters before.

Rosters are all about having counter parts from each franchise.

Kung Lao vs Akuma, Ryu vs Sub Zero, Chun Li vs Sonya, Ken vs Cage, Jax vs Guile, Raiden vs Bison and so on...

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
i think the only way they could ever do this is by having two games- mk vs sf done by nrs that plays like mortal kombat and sf vs mk by capcom which plays like sf.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I think the better choice would be Marvel vs DC, at least it would be easier.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Pure MK died with UMK3. There's no such thing as something "not being MK". That doesn't mean anything. Street Fighter on the other hand still has a link to its past. The minute side stepping was added to MK4, and MK went 3d true MK went bye bye. It's a meaningless notion for better or worse. MK will be whatever the devs sell to you. So, were they to ever remove the block button then it would still be MK as long as it says MK on the box. They removed the run button for MK9, but does that make it not MK? They removed sidestepping that was in MK4, but is it not still MK? I have come to accept the decisions that NRS makes, bad or good as long as the game stays 2d. They do what they want to MK. If Boon were contacted by Capcom today to make MK x SF without a block button, he would do it instantly, and most people would buy it. Anyway, MK is anything NRS wants it to be.

MK x SF would only work if you removed fatalities.
Focus on a kickass story.
Make trades fluctuate based on meter. So if Scorpion has 1 bar and Ryu has 1 bar then Ryu can choose to have his Hadouken be a trading Hadouken with spear. Otherwise, Ryu just has to duck or focus (parry could work, but you would need it based on meter or else every MK projectile would get parried).
Nerf MK teleports to accommodate SF. Make them like Dhalsim or Seth.
Engine would be a combination of SF 4 and MK1-UMK3.
MK would have some target strings and some chain links. SF would also have some target strings and chain links. No strings like MK9 where you can do them whenever you want. Must make contact to trigger.
Supers and ultras for MK and SF.
Notation based on MK1-UMK3 and SF.

Then you could make the game, but it will never happen.

I hear ya but MK since day 1 has always had a Block button, that is iconic with the games mechanics... Run and Sidestepping to me is interchangeable.