What's new

Question how to get in on raven........

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
This thread.......yeah what the hell.
Anyway, now that actual advice has been given, I still hope every Raven you come across bodies you lol
Joemabob, once you learn how to fight Raven, try fighting MY Raven. If you lose, you must come here and post some choice words. If I lose, state your terms. (Heh, if I lose...I'm hilarious)
I'm pretty sure our Raven here in AZ is the source of his frustration. If Joemabob can solve his issues with Raven here he will have no problem with you or any raven for that matter.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
AZ?.........Arizona?

Also, if you just mentioned that Raven's free to dive kicks, then you'll never beat me. She's my Black Adam counter character actually.

If I misunderstood and you meant that Dive kicks are free to her THEN I understand. However I'm sure he in general will be free to her ;)
Fear me, my son.

Shamwow0w0w

Steam / Twitch: Apsasu
Raven is by no means a counter to Black Adam. Get out of here with that...
Dive kick's angle > Soul Crush angle.
Has just as good of an upclose game as her but does more damage.
She lacks anti airs and he has good enough cross ups to give her a problem.
Black Adams lightning/cloud win the trade vs raven every time.
Blocking a dive kick above the hip gives you 2 frames to punish. If you mistime the punish then your at -20 and he's at advantage again. So you have to know if he hits you above the hip she then has to decide if you want to take the chance at being punished for 55% for a squeeze. Hmm. Doesn't sound like a counter to me.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
A well timed soul crush catches the dive kick in the air. If within range, high or low makes no difference since you can't air block. At the very least she works for me as a Black Adam counter. At the very least Chris G, who play tested the game, seems to agree.

Doesn't mean BA can't do crazy damage like you said, after exploiting her lack of AA. But really, play the match up before you dismiss it. This isn't theory crafting, it's just relating experience. Maybe offline is different, but online, the leader board BA's have each fallen to Raven as a counter pick. Sure they're not the best, but they ARE within the top 20 so it's better practice than against the AI.