What's new

Question how to get in on raven........

Step 1a: Walk forward
Step 2a: Hold down when you see the start-up frames
Step 3a: After blocking, dash forward or repeat Steps 1a-2a

If you don't like that,

Step 1b: Walk forward
Step 2b: Jump forward during the start-up frames
Step 3b: Whiff punish with appropriate move, dash forward, or repeat Steps 1b-2b

If you don't like that,

Step 1c: Select Ares, Flash, Doomsday, Shazam, Killer Frost, etc.
Step 2c: Get in on Raven almost for free

If you don't like that,

Step 1d: Select Sinestro or Cyborg
Step 2d: Remain at max distance and force Raven to approach you
Step 3d: When this is no longer possible, refer to Steps 1a or 1b

Espio

Kokomo
You don't think someone could use Sinestro's full-screen moves at full-screen?
I think he's referring to some of Sinestro's zoning being like -30 on block if I recall correctly, Raven can punish his zoning pretty consistently with her long ranged special.

I think he's referring to some of Sinestro's zoning being like -30 on block if I recall correctly, Raven can punish his zoning pretty consistently with her long ranged special.
I get that. My point was to be at max distance with Sinestro, i.e. outside of Soul Crush range.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
You don't think someone could use Sinestro's full-screen moves at full-screen?

Edit: I honestly have no experience playing this match-up so I don't know if it would be effective.
Raven can punish boulder consistently. She can absorb his fireballs, and if he tries to fire back, get fucked. When she gets into her demon form, good luck trying to stop her then. With demon form, she forces Sinestro into her hardcore, even harder than without. Full screen won't do anything...since Sinestro gives up his positioning doing anything. At a certain range, her crush is impossible for Sinestro to punish, or even do much about other than PEW PEW PEW.

That matchup is an easy 3-7 Raven.

Raven can punish boulder consistently. She can absorb his fireballs, and if he tries to fire back, get fucked. When she gets into her demon form, good luck trying to stop her then. With demon form, she forces Sinestro into her hardcore, even harder than without. Full screen won't do anything...since Sinestro gives up his positioning doing anything. At a certain range, her crush is impossible for Sinestro to punish, or even do much about other than PEW PEW PEW.

That matchup is an easy 3-7 Raven.
She can't punish boulder from full-screen. Sinestro only gives up his positioning for a boulder if you can avoid it. Good Luck with that. Also, I believe fireball MB beats Raven's absorb MB.

Raven with demon form is one of the best characters in the game period, so I'll give you that.

Edit: I'm not saying you're wrong about the matchup being in Raven's favor overall.

joemabob

Noob

consider this your warning buddy :) try and be civilized and not some bratty 5 year old with a key board..
This a joke? I wanted advice and some tips to beat raven and people started saying they hope I die... Haha Like wtf!? n u give me warning cause I'm joking around... Like hope this is a joke....

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
She can't punish boulder from full-screen. Sinestro only gives up his positioning for a boulder if you can avoid it. Good Luck with that. Also, I believe fireball MB beats Raven's absorb MB.

Raven with demon form is one of the best characters in the game period, so I'll give you that.

Edit: I'm not saying you're wrong about the matchup being in Raven's favor overall.
Good luck with that? It's VERY easy to block a boulder on reaction, and you can dash in and he cannot do anything else, or he gets checked by crush. Sinestro's best option from full screen is MB fireball, as it's the only thing that doesn't give up ground. His zoning only works on her from full screen anyway,

One blocked boulder, and that's a free reversal transform, as well. Then you gotta deal with da Dark Phoenix.

Komatose

The Prettiest
This a joke? I wanted advice and some tips to beat raven and people started saying they hope I die... Haha Like wtf!? n u give me warning cause I'm joking around... Like hope this is a joke....
What the hell? No one said they hope you would die. How silly. I do hope that lil emo slut bitch bodies you though. You deserve it, you over dramatic noob. ;)

Good luck with that? It's VERY easy to block a boulder on reaction, and you can dash in and he cannot do anything else, or he gets checked by crush. Sinestro's best option from full screen is MB fireball, as it's the only thing that doesn't give up ground. His zoning only works on her from full screen anyway,

One blocked boulder, and that's a free reversal transform, as well. Then you gotta deal with da Dark Phoenix.
I meant avoiding it as in making it whiff. But yea I understand your point. Sinestro can only do anything at full-screen, which was also my point, and he has trouble maintaining it.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Walk and duck.

Dont dash after blocking projectiles you'll get crushed.
Be patient till you get in, if you play some1 with 5050s abuse the shit outta them when she hits the floor.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
This thread.......yeah what the hell.
Anyway, now that actual advice has been given, I still hope every Raven you come across bodies you lol
Joemabob, once you learn how to fight Raven, try fighting MY Raven. If you lose, you must come here and post some choice words. If I lose, state your terms. (Heh, if I lose...I'm hilarious)

joemabob

Noob
This thread.......yeah what the hell.
Anyway, now that actual advice has been given, I still hope every Raven you come across bodies you lol
Joemabob, once you learn how to fight Raven, try fighting MY Raven. If you lose, you must come here and post some choice words. If I lose, state your terms. (Heh, if I lose...I'm hilarious)
Lolol jokesss xbl Joemabob add me