What's new

How to escape the Kabal "infinite"

SonicKaballs

Kaballin' since June 2011
I wasnt trying to be rude. And that wasnt aimed toward you by the way. Only people who feel like the game with Kabal the way he is, is fine and dosnt need fixed.
Hypothetical situation. What if we had this game with no Kabal from release. Your new argument would be to patch Sonya because shes safe on almost everything.

What do you want removed or nerfed from Kabal?

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Hypothetical situation. What if we had this game with no Kabal from release. Your new argument would be to patch Sonya because shes safe on almost everything.

What do you want removed or nerfed from Kabal?
If Kabal weren't in the game, this game wouldnt be dying. People are forced to use Kabal in tournaments now because the only fighter that can stand up to Kabal on a remotly consistant bases IS KABAL. We wouldnt be complaining about Sonya, because unlike Kabal, she does have weaknesses and bad MU's. So does everyone else in S tier. Kabal is the only fighter in the entire game without a single bad MU or a single weakness. He builds meter 2x faster than any fighter in the entire game, and is arguably the best rushdown and best zoner in the entire game, all in one fighter. This is why I think something should be done about him, or else this game will die because everyone will just be using Kabal. There have been multiple other fighting games that have died for this very reson as well, yet we should just sit here and not do anything about it?

As far as what about Kabal needs fixed, I couldn't anwer that specifically. My best guess would be to either dumb down his zoning A LOT, or dumb down his zoning and rushdown partially.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
This is nice and all, but what about characters with large hitboxes?

Also, are you really encouraging players to let go of block during NDC pressure?
Rain gets out of it that way so I'm sure every1 can. Also if you're not letting go of block during NDC pressure you're just gonna get murdered.

REO

Undead
This is nice and all, but what about characters with large hitboxes?

Also, are you really encouraging players to let go of block during NDC pressure?
I would prefer it if my opponent stays blocking. It would be even better if they would place the controller on the ground and forfeit the match. A man can dream.

Well, you reap what you sow... STOP TROLLING 89.5% of the time and people will take you more seriously lol

Anyways, I had my first casuals last night with my day 1 Kabal and it went very well ^_^
I'm never trolling. I don't know who started this rumor.

If Kabal weren't in the game, this game wouldnt be dying. People are forced to use Kabal in tournaments now because the only fighter that can stand up to Kabal on a remotly consistant bases IS KABAL. We wouldnt be complaining about Sonya, because unlike Kabal, she does have weaknesses and bad MU's. So does everyone else in S tier. Kabal is the only fighter in the entire game without a single bad MU or a single weakness. He builds meter 2x faster than any fighter in the entire game, and is arguably the best rushdown and best zoner in the entire game, all in one fighter. This is why I think something should be done about him, or else this game will die because everyone will just be using Kabal. There have been multiple other fighting games that have died for this very reson as well, yet we should just sit here and not do anything about it?

As far as what about Kabal needs fixed, I couldn't anwer that specifically. My best guess would be to either dumb down his zoning A LOT, or dumb down his zoning and rushdown partially.
UMK:3 has survived perfectly fine for over 20+ years with just Kabal. I see no difference in MK:9. Who cares if everyone picks up and plays Kabal? Everyone is still playing the game.

SonicKaballs

Kaballin' since June 2011

So pick him up and win a tournament. Its like this in a lot of fighting games where the same character is being used and there are mirror matches in the Grand Finals. Tell me the last time you saw a mirror match at a major on patch 1.05. You are giving way too much credit to the character and not enough for the players.

Lulzlou

Noob

I really don't get your problem with kabal. Are you scared to fight him? Have you tried picking him up and just couldn't? Are you jealouls of Kabal players? What is it man?

For a while with all the kabal hate on the forums I thought I was never going to be able to play people in casuals, offline or online. I fought a lot of people of different levels and they never complained about it, they love fighting me and give me respect. I've even played some top people and still get respect?

We all know kabal is good and accept it, why can't you fucking do it?
If you love the game so much, you need to accept the bullshit and keep playing.
If you want to be the underdog, you need to accept the bullshit and keep playing.
If you want to play competitively at a high level, you need to accept the bullshit and keep playing.
See where I'm going? Complaining about it wont do anything, level the fuck up and deal with it like the rest. Don't even say I can't win without Kabal. Get him banned and I would love to prove you wrong.

It's true that kabal won't cause people to not play the game. He is stupid good in umk3 and poeple still play that to this day. As a point of fact i haven't ever seen a umk3 tourney that didn't have a kabal or 2 in the top 8 ever. Even back in the arcade days there was always someone using kabal that made everyone else mad at the arcades around des moines i went to. Point is Kabal is good, always has been (don't know about deception or armageddon, didn't play those). Deal with it, pick him, or don't play *lead, follow, or get out of the way essentially

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
We wouldnt be complaining about Sonya, because unlike Kabal, she does have weaknesses and bad MU's. So does everyone else in S tier. Kabal is the only fighter in the entire game without a single bad MU or a single weakness. He builds meter 2x faster than any fighter in the entire game, and is arguably the best rushdown and best zoner in the entire game, all in one fighter.

As far as what about Kabal needs fixed, I couldn't anwer that specifically.
If Kabal was not in the game, EVERYONE would be complaining about Sonya and most are currently. She is the second best character in the game, she loses only to Kabal. She does have some matches that give her trouble but she has every tool to overcome every character in the game except Kabal. Sonya was the best character in MK1, the MK9 Sonya has reached that level far as being labeled broken, ridiculous and OP. Sonya builds meter fast constantly. I use her and I feel invincible.

Kabal needs iAGB nerfed but even with that nerf, it still wouldn't change him being #1 and having no bad match ups. It would just make him more approachable to get past his zoning which will give you a fighting chance to get in. Kabal IS the best zoning character in the game because almost the entire cast can't get past his machine blasting iAGB except Smoke, Jade and Freddy but even Kabal can wreck them up close. With that single nerf, EVERYONE will still cry about Kabal regardless.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
If Kabal was not in the game, EVERYONE would be complaining about Sonya and most are currently. She is the second best character in the game, she loses only to Kabal. She does have some matches that give her trouble but she has every tool to overcome every character in the game except Kabal. Sonya was the best character in MK1, the MK9 Sonya has reached that level far as being labeled broken, ridiculous and OP. Sonya builds meter fast constantly. I use her and I feel invincible.

Kabal needs iAGB nerfed but even with that nerf, it still wouldn't change him being #1 and having no bad match ups. It would just make him more approachable to get past his zoning which will give you a fighting chance to get in. Kabal IS the best zoning character in the game because almost the entire cast can't get past his machine blasting iAGB except Smoke, Jade and Freddy but even Kabal can wreck them up close. With that single nerf, EVERYONE will still cry about Kabal regardless.
I disagree. I wouldnt mind Kabal nearly as much if his iagbs were nerfed. Also I disagree about Sonya. IMO Kenshi is the next best. And Sonya loses to Kabal, Kenshi and Freddy, and can have trouble with a couple other fighters as well. Of course she has the tools to overcome her bad MU's. So do many other fighters in the game, but that dosnt change the fact that its still much harder and your still more likely to lose.

Lulzlou

Noob
I disagree. I wouldnt mind Kabal nearly as much if his iagbs were nerfed. Also I disagree about Sonya. IMO Kenshi is the next best. And Sonya loses to Kabal, Kenshi and Freddy, and can have trouble with a couple other fighters as well. Of course she has the tools to overcome her bad MU's. So do many other fighters in the game, but that dosnt change the fact that its still much harder and your still more likely to lose.
You say sonya has 3 bad match ups. How can you not be happy with Sonya or even complain for that matter? That is literary one step away from being as good as kabal. You can dominate 95% of the cast and you want to complain lol. It makes no sense. That is like a Kabal crying about a small nerf. Take away the cancel advantage of 2ndc and cut the iagb damage in half, I promise you that I wont complain one bit.

If you think your character is really that bad because she has 3 bad match ups then pick up kabal already. rest of the cast have it way harder.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
I really don't get your problem with kabal. Are you scared to fight him? Have you tried picking him up and just couldn't? Are you jealouls of Kabal players? What is it man?

For a while with all the kabal hate on the forums I thought I was never going to be able to play people in casuals, offline or online. I fought a lot of people of different levels and they never complained about it, they love fighting me and give me respect. I've even played some top people and still get respect?

We all know kabal is good and accept it, why can't you fucking do it? 1.
If you love the game so much, you need to accept the bullshit and keep playing. 2.
If you want to be the underdog, you need to accept the bullshit and keep playing. 3.
If you want to play competitively at a high level, you need to accept the bullshit and keep playing. 4.
See where I'm going? Complaining about it wont do anything, level the fuck up and deal with it like the rest. Don't even say I can't win without Kabal. Get him banned and I would love to prove you wrong. 5.
My problem with Kabal: No bad MU's, no weaknesses, excells in every aspect of the game.
Am I scared to fight him: Yes. ^ Thats why.
Have I tried picking him up and couldn't: No, but I have messed around with him in practice mode for probably 1 to 1 and a half hours before and got pretty damn far considering the time I put in.
Am I jealous: No. That was I redundant question. I think the fighter is ruining the game. Why would I be jealous of people who play him? Use your head. That made no sense.

I don't not respect Kabal players. For instance, I respect REO a whole lot and love hearing the guy talk and love how much he gives to the community. I admit, I do disagree with some of the things he says. But I respect him and his opinions. I just don't respect Kabal and think he should be fixed because he is killing the game.

1.: I do accept he is good. But unlike a lot of people, especially you Kabal players, I also accept he is much too good and is breaking the game single handedly. Why can't you fucking accept that?

2.: I accept Rax, I accept Jax's corner gimmick, I accept Smokes reset. Id on't accept Kabal.

"If Kabal weren't in the game, this game wouldnt be dying. People are forced to use Kabal in tournaments now because the only fighter that can stand up to Kabal on a remotly consistant bases IS KABAL. We wouldnt be complaining about Sonya, because unlike Kabal, she does have weaknesses and bad MU's. So does everyone else in S tier. Kabal is the only fighter in the entire game without a single bad MU or a single weakness. He builds meter 2x faster than any fighter in the entire game, and is arguably the best rushdown and best zoner in the entire game, all in one fighter. This is why I think something should be done about him, or else this game will die because everyone will just be using Kabal. There have been multiple other fighting games that have died for this very reson as well, yet we should just sit here and not do anything about it?"

That is why.

3.: I never said I wanted to be the underdog. And when I am, I do accept it. I just don't accept Kabal.
4.: Again. I accept it all. Just not Kabal, and I already stated why.

5.: I wish he would get patched/banned. And if you still use Kabal afterwards and win, cool. But winning with him now means very little.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REO

If your okay with a game being ruled by a single fighter, thats your opinion. I disagree. I think it is killing the game. If your okay with this game turning into MK3, thats your opinion. And I disagree.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
You say sonya has 3 bad match ups. How can you not be happy with Sonya or even complain for that matter? That is literary one step away from being as good as kabal. You can dominate 95% of the cast and you want to complain lol. It makes no sense. That is like a Kabal crying about a small nerf. Take away the cancel advantage of 2ndc and cut the iagb damage in half, I promise you that I wont complain one bit.

If you think your character is really that bad because she has 3 bad match ups then pick up kabal already. rest of the cast have it way harder.
Did I say I think she's bad? I think she is the 3rd best. But I don't think that is a huge deal. All fighters (well, any fighter who is above c tier)can stand up to any other fighter in the game just fine as long as the MU isnt shit. CSZ vs. Sonya is very fun and pretty damn fair. And they are far away from eachother on the tier list. I never said Sona was bad. She is very good.

REO

Undead
REO

If your okay with a game being ruled by a single fighter, thats your opinion. I disagree. I think it is killing the game. If your okay with this game turning into MK3, thats your opinion. And I disagree.
I am perfectly fine with this game having another 20+ years of life like UMK:3.

Lulzlou

Noob
You have no right to say winning means very little with him. If you think its that easy to win with him then you are clueless. Don't complain about people losing to flow chart kabal because that wont be a problem eventually. Choose not to give me respect for using ALL of his tools then I give no respect to you. A complete Kabal should be respected, not a flow chart. I'm still working hard to make my kabal complete.

I know he is good, fucked up and other things but I didn't at first. When I explored him more and more in depth, I did come to the realization that he is too good. Why should I stop playing him after all that hard work because of that? He is one of my favorite characters in MK and I put a lot of time into him. Its a slap in the face when people like you say shit like that. If he was banned, I'd accept it and play a different character but I will NOT drop one of my favorite characters because a very small part of the community care that much.

Here is what you should do, email NRS or make a petition to ban Kabal. Complaining on a forum wont even do anything but fuel your kabal hate.

I agree, close the thread if its too much.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
I am perfectly fine with this game having another 20+ years of life like UMK:3.
I have never played that game, so I cant make factual comments about it. But I doubt the game is still very lively at all, especially if it is nothing but Kabal mirrors, at least if you want to have a fighting chance at winning. This game will stop being played at tournament levels it turns out to be nothing but Kabal vs. Kabal in top 8, or reletivly close to that. You are the only person that seems ok with the game turning into this. Kabal vs. Kabal, all day.

REO

Undead
I have never played that game, so I cant make factual comments about it. But I doubt the game is still very lively at all, especially if it is nothing but Kabal mirrors, at least if you want to have a fighting chance at winning. This game will stop being played at tournament levels it turns out to be nothing but Kabal vs. Kabal in top 8, or reletivly close to that. You are the only person that seems ok with the game turning into this. Kabal vs. Kabal, all day.
If I'm the only person okay with it, then why are numerous top players picking up Kabal and continuing to play the game? This game will last for 20+ years or until MK:10 hits, trust me.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
You have no right to say winning means very little with him. If you think its that easy to win with him then you are clueless. Don't complain about people losing to flow chart kabal because that wont be a problem eventually. Choose not to give me respect for using ALL of his tools then I give no respect to you. A complete Kabal should be respected, not a flow chart. I'm still working hard to make my kabal complete.

I know he is good, fucked up and other things but I didn't at first. When I explored him more and more in depth, I did come to the realization that he is too good. Why should I stop playing him after all that hard work because of that? He is one of my favorite characters in MK and I put a lot of time into him. Its a slap in the face when people like you say shit like that. If he was banned, I'd accept it and play a different character but I will NOT drop one of my favorite characters because a very small part of the community care that much.

Here is what you should do, email NRS or make a petition to ban Kabal. Complaining on a forum wont even do anything but fuel your kabal hate.

I agree, close the thread if its too much.
He may not be easy to use, but once you understand his tools and train your muscle memory to do all his tricks, he becomes a God of a fighter. I said I don't not respect Kabal players. PLEASE read before you comment. I never said I don't respect you. I just don't respect Kabal.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
If I'm the only person okay with it, then why are numerous top players picking up Kabal and continuing to play the game? This game will last for 20+ years or until MK:10 hits, trust me.
Because they want a shot at the money, and Kabal is the only way. I see a problem with that, and you dont? It may last 20 more years. But anyone who enjoys playing a game for more than just money will most likely agree that that is a terribal policy.

REO

Undead
Because they want a shot at the money, and Kabal is the only way. I see a problem with that, and you dont? It may last 20 more years. But anyone who enjoys playing a game for more than just money will most likely agree that that is a terribal policy.
Pure 100% Kabal use has yet to win a MLG event. So I don't know what you're basing this information from.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Pure 100% Kabal use has yet to win a MLG event. So I don't know where you're getting this information from.
Hasnt there only been 2 MLG events? Winter and the one where grand finals was CDjr and Detroit? Forgot the name. Now if your refering to all majors, then maybe your right, I havnt looked into that, but it still dosnt change anything. I should rephrase that. Its getting to the point to where its going to be the only way to have a sure fire chance at getting into the money. That is why all the top players are picking him up.