What's new

How to escape the Kabal "infinite"

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
If somebody would actually try taking the hit to get out of the 2NDC pressure, they are at risk of getting full combo'd
yeah, it's just as bad a Cyrax's command grab.

You can take the JIP to whiff the command grab sure, but you're at risk of getting 70% combo'd b/c of it.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Cool, very great info REO. I actually wasn't fully sure on this so this is very appreciated.

Just want some clarification on characters like Sheeva, Freddy, and Kenshi as I'm very curious, can they get out of this the same way as everyone else?

Please nobody blow me up for this, I just want to be certain.
First of all, this is not good information whatsoever. No Kabal player can do consecutive just frame 2 xx NDC, so most cancel 2 xx NDC into b+1 (xx NDC) or b+1,2 (xx NDC) after two or three repetitions. If you release block after 2 xx NDC, the Kabal player will hit-confirm b+1 into dash and juggle you, putting you into the same situation.

2 xx NDC is only used in juggles after f+4 on small and average sized hitbox characters. On large hitbox characters like Freddy, Kenshi, and Sheeva, 2 xx NDC provides the most simple mix ups you will ever see in a modern fighting game. You had better be patient and take your meter drain glitches like a man.

REO

Undead
First of all, this is not good information whatsoever. No Kabal player can do consecutive just frame 2 xx NDC, so most cancel 2 xx NDC into b+1 (xx NDC) or b+1,2 (xx NDC) after two or three repetitions. If you release block after 2 xx NDC, the Kabal player will hit-confirm b+1 into dash and juggle you, putting you into the same situation.

2 xx NDC is only used in juggles after f+4 on small and average sized hitbox characters. On large hitbox characters like Freddy, Kenshi, and Sheeva, 2 xx NDC provides the most simple mix ups you will ever see in a modern fighting game. You had better be patient and take your meter drain glitches like a man.
Sir, no need to repeat what was stated in the video with a jealous and condescending tone. We are aware that Kabal's rushdown is a lot more braindead than character like Sonya or Cage. Thank you for releasing some of your stress in using a top five character in this game. I'm sure all other parties have sympathy towards you.

Cool, very great info REO. I actually wasn't fully sure on this so this is very appreciated.

Just want some clarification on characters like Sheeva, Freddy, and Kenshi as I'm very curious, can they get out of this the same way as everyone else?

Please nobody blow me up for this, I just want to be certain.
Yes.

Espio

Kokomo

Well then that's my mistake and my misunderstanding.

I'm just trying to figure out how to deal with it and be constructive, I'll be the first to say I don't have a 100% full grasp of Kabal with no shame. The further clarification is appreciated though.

REO

Undead
Foxy grampa has to repeat what you say before people go "OMG FINALLY INFO ON HOW TO BEAT KABAL STORMS WHY ISN'T THIS FRONT PAGED ALL YOU DO IS PUT UP BULLSHIT REO POSTS"

Stay free mk community
Five months from now another top player will create a thread dedicated to this information and it will be front-paged. Why? Because it's deemed not a troll-post by the community.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Well then that's my mistake and my misunderstanding.

I'm just trying to figure out how to deal with it and be constructive, I'll be the first to say I don't have a 100% full grasp of Kabal with no shame. The further clarification is appreciated though.
If you are using a small hitbox character, 2 xx NDC is no big deal. For example, if you are using a character like Mileena, 2 xx NDC can only connect after f+4 resets you in juggles.

Lulzlou

Noob
wait... what moron blocks high against kabal?
You'd be surpised. The nova people I play with know about the hit cancel advantage but still see if I can get it on frame before they decide to do anything other than attempt to crouch block.

I take advantage of my opponents knowledge and reaction speed.
If I get them in the 2ndc trap and they don't know what to do, I'll keep doing it.
If they can't react to a whiffed 2 and react late, I usually go for b121 or f4
If they know what to do against it, I don't even go for it unless its after f4 reset. Even then that is at the most 2 times depending on the opponent.

And yes, high hotbox characters can block whichever way they want. This still applies to them though.

So the only way out is to risk eating a full combo with a rushdown followup? Thanks for the tip bro!
Hit confirming a 2 is a lot harder than you think. If a kabal player can do that every time, props to them. But you can't act like this info wont help you at all. You probably wont even have looked at the frame data yourself.

Somberness

Lights
I was just in the lab and did JC's 111 against a crouch blocking SZ. 111's +6 on hit, and I was able to land a just frame uppercut despite it being a high. The uppercut's not guaranteed though, because it created blood splatter on the life bar (if a move hits an opponent while in stagger, there should be no blood splatter on the health bar. There are some exceptions though like cyrax's command grab).

I've asked Somberness and he confirmed that a 6f D1 will always come out in 6f, regardless of whether you were initially standing. So my guess is, instant pokes will negate the animation where you transition from stand to crouch.
This was pretty annoying to finally get to the frame but you can't even down poke either. This is because on hit, the first frame that you recover has you already in the process of being hit. Have to keep that in mind.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
This was pretty annoying to finally get to the frame but you can't even down poke either. This is because on hit, the first frame that you recover has you already in the process of being hit. Have to keep that in mind.
So crouching the hit won't work at all, then?

Edit: assuming that 1) crouching takes 1 frame and 2) down poking won't prevent you from getting hit

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
You all will still get raped by Kabal, so stop smiling or feeling a little relieved.

Either join the Kabal army, as I myself have now done, or get raped betches
Makes for a great game huh. But all the Kabal players are right. Even if it kills the game and its competitive play, it still dosnt need patched/banned and your still a bitch for suggesting it.

Yep.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Five months from now another top player will create a thread dedicated to this information and it will be front-paged. Why? Because it's deemed not a troll-post by the community.
Well, you reap what you sow... STOP TROLLING 89.5% of the time and people will take you more seriously lol

Anyways, I had my first casuals last night with my day 1 Kabal and it went very well ^_^