What's new

How to escape the Kabal "infinite"

Actually, if 2ndc hits and you just-frame the next 2ndc, it will hit the opponent if they neutral crouch because the transition to crouch takes 1f. However, if the opponent goes for a d1/d3, it should be instant, therefore avoiding the next 2ndc. Pretty sure anyways.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Didnt reo say this a while ago? I remember hearing that you could escape the 2 NDC just by taking the hit.

REO

Undead
Actually, if 2ndc hits and you just-frame the next 2ndc, it will hit the opponent if they neutral crouch because the transition to crouch takes 1f. However, if the opponent goes for a d1/d3, it should be instant, therefore avoiding the next 2ndc. Pretty sure anyways.
Can I get a confirmation on this?

Didnt reo say this a while ago? I remember hearing that you could escape the 2 NDC just by taking the hit.
I say a lot of helpful things, people rarely listen.

Can I get a confirmation on this?

I say a lot of helpful things, people rarely listen.
I was just in the lab and did JC's 111 against a crouch blocking SZ. 111's +6 on hit, and I was able to land a just frame uppercut despite it being a high. The uppercut's not guaranteed though, because it created blood splatter on the life bar (if a move hits an opponent while in stagger, there should be no blood splatter on the health bar. There are some exceptions though like cyrax's command grab).

I've asked Somberness and he confirmed that a 6f D1 will always come out in 6f, regardless of whether you were initially standing. So my guess is, instant pokes will negate the animation where you transition from stand to crouch.

SZSR

Noob
Thanks REO, I think I saw before but it never hurts to see it again. Appreciate it.
Why do people complain when the top level players share information on how to beat them?
The top players could make videos how to beat the entire cast (I think REO has been doing this for a while BTW)and their gimmicks and there'll still be complainers. That's the nature of the beast, I agree though it's pretty dumb.

Espio

Kokomo
Cool, very great info REO. I actually wasn't fully sure on this so this is very appreciated.

Just want some clarification on characters like Sheeva, Freddy, and Kenshi as I'm very curious, can they get out of this the same way as everyone else?

Please nobody blow me up for this, I just want to be certain.