What's new

How to beat your main?

Billy Dha Kid

Day 1 phenomenal grab immune
Well with Grundy you have a lot of options. You can A. Pick superman and spam lasers with trait. B. Pick Martian and jb3 and teleport all game long while abusing grab immune and mbb3 whenever you are scared. C. Pick Bane and face roll. D. Pick cyborg and zone and grapple out of all his strings. E. Pick zod and iazb. F. Grab immune

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
BG - pushblock everything. It's always worth it.
This is terrible advice. If you block BG she's almost always at negative, you don't want to pushblock her away, that's when you start pressure. The only time I'd advocate push block is after blocking j3 or if the BG MBs a bolo in b1 range (will push block and avoid the mixup).

Truth be told, if you wanna beat BG, pick a character that out-footsies her (e.g. AM, DD, MMH) and try and punish her dashes. If you heavily control her in the neutral it can be hard for her to get her game started (granted, one hit and that's potentially your lifebar...). Don't go for interactables that you need to jump for (unless in an OTG/setup situation).

When you block something correctly, either punish or start throwing out plus strings. Her only fast mid is -18483849 so if she wants to poke out she has to take a heavy risk. Remember that b2u3 is punishable by a large portion of the cast. If your character can punish, learn the punish and get used to doing it on reaction. b2d3~bf3 has a massive gap. The same punishes for b2u3 will punish b2d3~redemption. Practise blocking high, low then buffering your punish (if your character can punish).

b12 is negative! Don't let the BG continue pressure afterward!

j2, b1/b2 is not a block string! You can back dash!

Teleport should be blocked and full combo punished every time. At the end of a game, if the BG tries to chip you out using tele, it can easily be d2'd on reaction by the entire cast.

Be aware that bolo is plus on block so that's how she'll get it. Using dash canceled bolos along with dashing after a blocked bolo.

All cartwheel options can be punished. Learn your punishes! Also learn how to OS backdash.

Don't jump in on BG, she'll air-air you and win for full combo into vortex. Try and make the BG approach you. When she can sit back and d1 dashes on reaction, she has the advantage.

Anyways, all this is much easier said than done, that's why she's such a good character.

Amplified$hotz

Done with MK1. Stop supporting a scam company
I'm going to do the three characters I spent some time with in this game.

BG - pushblock everything. It's always worth it. Interrupt b2d3~redemption, it's not a true link.

GA - as @Caleb Hara said, interrupt d1~arrow. It really forces GA to players to think twice. After you block f2d13, back dash away from more pressure.

Sinestro - get in at all cost and stay in. You must prevent him from getting trait out. Don't worry about eating some fear blasts to make this happen. It's worth it.
But you have d1 savage blast, and d1 mb stinger.

gpmoney

CORN | gpmoney. Saltier than a bag of chips.
But I thought general consensus was that NW did ok against the top 3. Only really struggling against Sinestro and superman...
key word "ok" lol that and what brain dead said. just learn when to poke out of his "frame traps" lol

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Ares: Blow up those gaps in his weapon strings and never let him teleport for free. It's a 25% chance you'll guess right. Oh yeah, JUMP THOSE FUCKING GOD SMACKS.

Raven: Did you knock her down? Good! Then pressure her ass! Getting a life lead helps too.

Martian: LOL

Cyborg: Pick Ares, BG, Raven, Sinestro, Martian, Flash, Aquaman, Zatanna or Zod.

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
MMH: Do more stupid shit than them. Because if someone gets hit they die. Go for bf2 orb setups and oki and always MBB3. It will hit 90% of the time.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Have a teleport :(
Dammit you beat me to it.

Raven- Don't get caught in her projectile game just block after her regular fireball if you dash you'll get caught with the grab. In trait it's a mind game that's in her favor while you can guess right and punish her hard sometimes it'll be best to just accept the chip. being a big body asshole armor character like Doomsday or Grundy helps. Maybe Bane too haven't played that match a lot with her.

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
This is terrible advice. If you block BG she's almost always at negative, you don't want to pushblock her away, that's when you start pressure. The only time I'd advocate push block is after blocking j3 or if the BG MBs a bolo in b1 range (will push block and avoid the mixup).

Truth be told, if you wanna beat BG, pick a character that out-footsies her (e.g. AM, DD, MMH) and try and punish her dashes. If you heavily control her in the neutral it can be hard for her to get her game started (granted, one hit and that's potentially your lifebar...). Don't go for interactables that you need to jump for (unless in an OTG/setup situation).

When you block something correctly, either punish or start throwing out plus strings. Her only fast mid is -18483849 so if she wants to poke out she has to take a heavy risk. Remember that b2u3 is punishable by a large portion of the cast. If your character can punish, learn the punish and get used to doing it on reaction. b2d3~bf3 has a massive gap. The same punishes for b2u3 will punish b2d3~redemption. Practise blocking high, low then buffering your punish (if your character can punish).

Teleport should be blocked and full combo punished every time. At the end of a game, if the BG tries to chip you out using tele, it can easily be d2'd on reaction by the entire cast.

Be aware that bolo is plus on block so that's how she'll get it. Using dash canceled bolos along with dashing after a blocked bolo.

All cartwheel options can be punished. Learn your punishes! Also learn how to OS backdash.

Don't jump in on BG, she'll air-air you and win for full combo into vortex. Try and make the BG approach you. When she can sit back and d1 dashes on reaction, she has the advantage.

Anyways, all this is much easier said than done, that's why she's such a good character.
Or alternatively, you could just pushblock.... I mean, what if you didn't have to even enter into the guessing game with her. Does that make her more, or less of a threat. If you just say "no", I'm not going to guess. I'm going to reduce your options to something reactable and escapable.

This is commonly referred to as the "#nope" defense.

Last edited:

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I've always wanted to make a thread for how to beat my mains. But I would probably get blown up by the sub forum. And I wanna how to beat everyone else's main.

Batgirl
- she doesn't really have flaws besides the player playing her. Lol have fun
*cracks fingers* Once I get back from uni today, just you wait...

This. I might have stuff to add but I can't do it right now so I'll double check later :)

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Or alternatively, you could just pushblock.... I mean, what if you didn't have to even enter into the guessing game with her. Does that make her more, or less of a threat. If you just say "no", I'm not going to guess. I'm going to reduce your options to something reactable and escapable.

You do realise you have to guess correctly in order to push block yes? Then you're just giving up the +frames you have.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele

You do realise you have to guess correctly in order to push block yes? Then you're just giving up the +frames you have.
^^

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
To beat Killer Frost you just alternate between crouching and jumping away, the full combo punishes will just land in your lap