What's new

How much time you guys put effort in practice?

Soul Caliber, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, and SF.
List the characters if you wish!

Last edited:

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
Everytime I log onto MKXL, I'm starting in the lab for a warm-up, getting more used to my buttons or I'll practice an alt character. I'd say I spend as much time in the practice mode as I do in online.

DC4-3

Low tier button masher.
Hellfire took me an embarrassing amount of time to learn. I will never lab/practice a character that much again. :confused:

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
Do you have any interesting lab routines (for practicing punishing especially)?
Basically:
1. Understanding of basic/non-special moves [10min]
2. Special move proficiency and consistency [10min]
3. Spacial relationship of your chosen character [30min]
4. Bread and Butter combos and consistent execution of them in practice scenarios [30min]
5. Learning when/where to use what combos in real gameplay [10min]
6. Baits and avoiding them [matchup dependent]
7. Work on zoning, counter pokes and footsies [20min]
8. Work on frame traps with your character [10min]
9. Free styling [10min]

2:10 hours of training without matchup training.

This is embarrassing, people need to learn how to read a title. Take someday off and get yourself a day to read a book. Sigh* that relief my stress.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
This is embarrassing, people need to learn how to read a title. Sigh*. Take someday off and get yourself a day to read a book. Sigh*
I don't understand. The title says "How much time you guys put effort into practice" almost everyone answered that question. What's the problem?

I don't understand. The title says "How much time you guys put effort into practice" almost everyone answered that question. What's the problem?
Some folks tell me their routines when i am talking about time in practice. Now i edited my "description" talking about how much time you took to master the characters, not the routine.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Depends of the character you want to learn. You might have gotten impressed by him, but if you want to learn him, you need to practice these stuff. Some characters do have easy combos and inputs, some other not. Some of them, like Liu Kang and Kung Lao, do have hard executes.

It took me some days to learn Sub Zero completely. It takes me some hours per day to learn a new character depending of their difficulty. I learned Raiden for about 2 weeks. Now I'm learning Smoke.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
You never stop mastering a character. Iv played my character for 19 months and I always find something new so it never really stops as far as practice is concerned.

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
2 hours labbing/practicing every time I turn on my console and run MK. Then play matches for about an hour.

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
Some folks tell me their routines when i am talking about time in practice. Now i edited my "description" talking about how much time you took to master the characters, not the routine.
Then you should have tittled it "How much time do you guys spend in practice to master* a character"

Your tittle was very general, don't fault us for it.

Yer_Da

I don't sell Avon.
Is there anybody that has truly mastered a character? There's new tech almost daily, there's been patches and hotfixes throughout the games life and 9 DLC characters added in, so, to answer your question - it hasn't been done, in my opinion.