What's new

Question - Tanya How good is Tanya...really?

What is Tanya

• Total voters

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Hawkgirl had free invincibility and she ended up being top ten in Injustice you are completely correct. "Best" air mobility makes you the best and unstoppable.

Tanya is way too good. We need to nerf Sub -Zero even more. I'm glad we could reach an understanding.

last i checked, Hawkgirl was midtier at best.

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
Half trolling half true.

Hawkgirl's wing evade attack was the only special in the game that had invincibility frames on use for no reason. It also pushed her back a distance as well. BUT here's the kicker, people learned and adapted to ways of blowing up wing evade because they gave it time. "Free" invincibility doesn't mean it's a super awesome amazing move that can't be stopped. Hit the lab and actually find ways to deal with it.
I can deal with it fine, just don't like inconsistincies like raiden not being able to keep invincibility on start up but it's fine for tanya to have invincible air dashes don't think I've ever said tanya is the best in the game or this game breaking OP bitch so... level up?

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
last i checked, Hawkgirl was midtier at best.
It was for the most part obvious sarcasm. Sorry you didn't understand that.

I can deal with it fine, just don't like inconsistincies like raiden not being able to keep invincibility on start up but it's fine for tanya to have invincible air dashes don't think I've ever said tanya is the best in the game or this game breaking OP bitch so... level up?
See above post. And yes you need to level up. Glad that part got through to you.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I think the point we are trying to make is that removing the invincibility would not really matter that much but since you say you want consistency, I can see your point.

kevkopdx

Noob
why should two completely different moves have the same characteristics?? all the teleports in this game have different characteristics... im having trouble understanding the logic

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
You thought Martian Manhunter's overhead teleport was balanced. LOL.

But as much of a hypocrite as you are, Tanya does need to be normalized. Thread coming shortly.
I also thought Martians tele was dumb.. Smh you are a pro in putting words in people's mouths

CJKRattlehead

why should two completely different moves have the same characteristics?? all the teleports in this game have different characteristics... im having trouble understanding the logic
well invincible teleports are all together gone except for hers, in mk9 they remove freddy's and smoke's and rain came out without invincibility, so when it came to mkx I got the impression they were done with unnecessary invincible teleports (apparently not in injustice)

BTW before you tell me to just punish it like everyone else it has nothing to do with that it's just a slap in the face as a Raiden fan and an inconsistency.

kevkopdx

Noob
well invincible teleports are all together gone except for hers, in mk9 they remove freddy's and smoke's and rain came out without invincibility, so when it came to mkx I got the impression they were done with unnecessary invincible teleports (apparently not in injustice)

BTW before you tell me to just punish it like everyone else it has nothing to do with that it's just a slap in the face as a Raiden fan and an inconsistency.
just trying to understand your point of view, but for me, using it to punish air projectiles is why i like it... i would say raiden has one of the best variations in the game but personally i think variations are a complete mess and i can understand being salty that you cant have all of raidens classic moves in one variation... i digress

CJKRattlehead

just trying to understand your point of view, but for me, using it to punish air projectiles is why i like it... i would say raiden has one of the best variations in the game but personally i think variations are a complete mess and i can understand being salty that you cant have all of raidens classic moves in one variation... i digress
Oh i agree with the air projectiles it should keep projectile immunity, and why would they ever put TP on TG lol it obviously would be stupid and no one is asking for that, and I wouldn't want all raiden's classic moves on one variation just my favorite one on an inferior variation I'd give up superman for that but it isn't gonna happen so I accepted it as the way they want the game but with tanya's release that is no longer true.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Half trolling half true.

Hawkgirl's wing evade attack was the only special in the game that had invincibility frames on use for no reason. It also pushed her back a distance as well. BUT here's the kicker, people learned and adapted to ways of blowing up wing evade because they gave it time. "Free" invincibility doesn't mean it's a super awesome amazing move that can't be stopped. Hit the lab and actually find ways to deal with it.

Tanya isn't this super OP nightmare. She has weaknesses, find out what they are.

This thread is trash. Damn you @AK L0rdoftheFLY for starting this mess.
"Bows"

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Wow. Some people in this thread remind me of the early days when scrubs all across the globe proclaimed Kitana was "broke" or "fine" while we Kitana players tried to sound the alarm that she was in dire need of help and that she was garbage. Except now, the reverse is happening with Miss Tanya.

Tanya's EX teleport should be toned down. No sane Tanya player would argue that at all. Regular teleport? Absolutley not.

People either dont realize or just blatantly choose to ignore the fact that she has a plethora of gaps in her strings, a lot of high starters, is full combo punishable on her Low/overhead wake ups and air mixups, and can only achieve damage with meter (Dragon Naginata being the exception. Heeeeyyyy gurl)

If they alter her reg teleport (for which plenty of good players have already started to shut down) she will pose little to no threat. Her game is designed around mobility, hit and run, runaway. Why take that away from her? What, you cant catch her? Annoying, yes. OP/Broke, fuck no.

It seems most of you just dont want to work for your meal...

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
Goro player here trying to cry from joy and not disgust. The tears are so real...