What's new

Question - Tanya How good is Tanya...really?

What is Tanya

• Total voters

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
"she needs it!"

let her keep projectile immunity then so she stays "interesting" and somehow still is the definition of a teleport, no one should have free invincibility and NO other teleports have invincibility really stop saying this is a trait of teleports guys it just isn't.
Lol they're just desperate to not have their character nerfed, it's understandable. I'm sure deep down they also think that move is somewhat cheap

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
Lol they're just desperate to not have their character nerfed, it's understandable. I'm sure deep down they also think that move is somewhat cheap
I am convinced that is what's happening I haven't even got a reason as to why this invincibility is necessery other than no one else has it so that makes her "interesting" lol

kevkopdx

Noob
"she needs it!"

let her keep projectile immunity then so she stays "interesting" and somehow still is the definition of a teleport, no one should have free invincibility and NO other teleports have invincibility really stop saying this is a trait of teleports guys it just isn't.
lol, well it IS a trait of HER teleport.
this isnt a question of whether she needs it or not, let the character evolve, she is not broken, theres nothing to fix. if they adjust the startup on ex tele, so be it, but theres nothing wrong with her normal.... she plays differently than the rest of the cast, good! so does sub zero

kevkopdx

Noob
I am convinced that is what's happening I haven't even got a reason as to why this invincibility is necessery other than no one else has it so that makes her "interesting" lol
if you dont know why its necessary then how do you know its unnecessary? lol

Last edited:

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
EX Tele? Hell yeah, that shit is broke. Pretty much all the Tanya mains agree it needs to be toned down.

Regular tele? not really. It's good but it can be easily punished and stopped by smart players. This whole invincibility argument is really stupid because there is no other move that a character disappears off the screen and doesn't have invincibility. Ermac and Mileena's disappear both have invincibility, all the other teles in the game have invincibility. I don't even understand what people could possibly gain by removing the invincibility, if you read her teleporting already you can just njp, d2, air to air etc. It sounds like you guys just don't have the timing for punishing it down.

CJKRattlehead

if you dont know why its necessary then how do you now its unnecessary? lol
I should have phrased it "No one has gave me a reason why it's necessary"

I KNOW it's not necessary, not even Raiden got to keep his invincibility despite teleport only being in one variation, recovery being drastically being increased, and stamina cost for repositioning in that variation, he doesn't even get invincibility with ex tele while he's not even on the damn screen. She really doesn't need free invincibility to be viable let alone top tier. Seriously this nerf is a drop in the bucket for what you guys are in for if Sub-Zero and Raiden are any indication .

Zoidberg747

I should have phrased it "No one has gave me a reason why it's necessary"

I KNOW it's not necessary, not even Raiden got to keep his invincibility despite teleport only being in one variation, recovery being drastically being increased, and stamina cost for repositioning in that variation, he doesn't even get invincibility with ex tele while he's not even on the damn screen. She really doesn't need free invincibility to be viable let alone top tier. Seriously this nerf is a drop in the bucket for what you guys are in for if Sub-Zero and Raiden are any indication .
A. DLC characters tend not to get nerfed very hard, so I wouldn't get your hopes up if you want her heavily nerfed.

B. It isn't necessary but neither is nerfing it. You can react and punish it unless the Tanya player does it at the right time and at that point you couldn't punish her with invincibility or not. Your suggestion would do nothing to help you because your problem is you are not punishing at the right time. Learn that and the MU will become much easier, I promise.

CJKRattlehead

EX Tele? Hell yeah, that shit is broke. Pretty much all the Tanya mains agree it needs to be toned down.

Regular tele? not really. It's good but it can be easily punished and stopped by smart players. This whole invincibility argument is really stupid because there is no other move that a character disappears off the screen and doesn't have invincibility. Ermac and Mileena's disappear both have invincibility, all the other teles in the game have invincibility. I don't even understand what people could possibly gain by removing the invincibility, if you read her teleporting already you can just njp, d2, air to air etc. It sounds like you guys just don't have the timing for punishing it down.
You can hit every other character while they are off screen, this is not invincibility I am referring to the actual mechanic invincibility, and no one is talking about how punishable tele is it has nothing to do with her invincibility, it's her immunity to air to airs and air projectiles (even then she could keep projectile immunity for all I care) .

CJKRattlehead

A. DLC characters tend not to get nerfed very hard, so I wouldn't get your hopes up if you want her heavily nerfed.

B. It isn't necessary but neither is nerfing it. You can react and punish it unless the Tanya player does it at the right time and at that point you couldn't punish her with invincibility or not. Your suggestion would do nothing to help you because your problem is you are not punishing at the right time. Learn that and the MU will become much easier, I promise.
I am not having that many problems with tanya please stop telling me I can't punish shit because I am not even talking about punishes this is an issue of consistency for me and she would be top tier without it so it shouldn't be there.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
You thought Martian Manhunter's overhead teleport was balanced. LOL.

But as much of a hypocrite as you are, Tanya does need to be normalized. Thread coming shortly.

Zoidberg747

I am not having that many problems with tanya please stop telling me I can't punish shit because I am not even talking about punishes this is an issue of consistency for me and she would be top tier without it so it shouldn't be there.
I kinda see your point. To be fair I dont really agree but I do think she could still be good without the air invincibility, so I wont care if she does get that nerfed.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I just realized...

None of this bickering matters to Paulo anyways. He will do what he wants. Anyone who thinks they can take credit for a characters buffs or nerfs is kidding themselves.

That includes people who blame others for their characters nerfs.

Sub mains, and others are just jealous of what Tanya has and therefore are trying to yell as loud as they can to make it fair for them...truth is though, somebody has to be top tier right?

Anyways...carry on.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
feet up on the desk with a smile on my face - as people banter about Tanya they are leaving my boy Kung Jin alone! #KungJinKrew

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
I just realized...

None of this bickering matters to Paulo anyways. He will do what he wants. Anyone who thinks they can take credit for a characters buffs or nerfs is kidding themselves.

Sub mains, and others are just jealous of what Tanya has and therefore are trying to yell as loud as they can to make it fair for them...truth is though, somebody has to be top tier right?

Anyways...carry on.
Do you think Paulo has the SOLE say on nerfs and buffs? I know he is the head in that department, but you'd think there would have to be at least some checks and balances within NRS to ensure he doesn't go off the rocker

CJKRattlehead

I just realized...

Anyways...carry on.
Pig can absolutely take credit for kenshi

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
"she needs it!"

Hawkgirl had free invincibility and she ended up being top ten in Injustice you are completely correct. "Best" air mobility makes you the best and unstoppable.

Tanya is way too good. We need to nerf Sub -Zero even more. I'm glad we could reach an understanding.

CJKRattlehead

Hawkgirl had free invincibility and she ended up being top ten in Injustice you are completely correct. "Best" air mobility makes you the best and unstoppable.

Tanya is way too good. We need to nerf Sub -Zero even more. I'm glad we could reach an understanding.
not sure if you're trolling me as I avoided that clunky mess of a game.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
not sure if you're trolling me as I avoided that clunky mess of a game.
Half trolling half true.

Hawkgirl's wing evade attack was the only special in the game that had invincibility frames on use for no reason. It also pushed her back a distance as well. BUT here's the kicker, people learned and adapted to ways of blowing up wing evade because they gave it time. "Free" invincibility doesn't mean it's a super awesome amazing move that can't be stopped. Hit the lab and actually find ways to deal with it.

Tanya isn't this super OP nightmare. She has weaknesses, find out what they are.

This thread is trash. Damn you @AK L0rdoftheFLY for starting this mess.