What's new

Question - Dragons Fire How good is DF Liu Kang really is?

Bar_Bar13

Friendly Neighborhood Spectre
So I've been playing Liu Kang for a bit now, and he is incredibly strong with his zoning and rushdown with the FBC. So how good is the former goodie two shoes really is? Bottom, Low, Mid, or Top tier?

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
top 5 for now, will still be top 10 when the fbrc eventually gets patched i'd say unless they screw with a bunch of other stuff too

Lol, 0 people in this thread saying he is top 5 /10 main Liu Kang and probably don't even understand the character aside from videos with the sole intention of banning him. Dash cancel block infinite is broken, remove that, and he would be lucky to be top 10. I will actually tell you a few variations that I feel are better.

Tempest Lao
Swarm D'Vorah
Summoner Quan
Predator Hunter
Sonya CO
Shinnok BS
Tanya Kobu
Kung Jin Bojutsu
Erron Black Outlaw
Raiden TG
Cassie Hollywood
Possibly Jax Pumped up

My point isn't that Liu Kang isn't good, my point is don't believe the hype. In his current state, yes he is broken. Fix the dash cancel block infinite, leave the run cancel block string alone, make sure the mb bicylce kick can at least be backdashed and you have yourself a very honest very mid-tier character.

Call me a downplayer all day and all night, it doesn't make your opinion any more valid than my own. Have fun on the bandwagon. We don't need 400 LK threads that turn into 400 nerf Liu threads.

Last edited:

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Lol, 0 people in this thread saying he is top 5 /10 main Liu Kang and probably don't even understand the character aside from videos with the sole intention of banning him. Dash cancel block infinite is broken, remove that, and he would be lucky to be top 10. I will actually tell you a few variations that I feel are better.

Tempest Lao
Swarm D'Vorah
Summoner Quan
Predator Hunter
Sonya CO
Shinnok BS
Tanya Kobu
Kung Jin Bojutsu
Erron Black Outlaw
Raiden TG
Cassie Hollywood
Possibly Jax Pumped up

My point isn't that Liu Kang isn't good, my point is don't believe the hype. In his current state, yes he is broken. Fix the dash cancel block infinite, leave the run cancel block string alone, make sure the mb bicylce kick can at least be backdashed and you have yourself a very honest very mid-tier character.

Call me a downplayer all day and all night, it doesn't make your opinion any more valid than my own. Have fun on the bandwagon. We don't need 400 LK threads that turn into 400 nerf Liu threads.
him being a great viable character, or even top, doesn't mean he needs to be nerfed, not even in tym logic, I think.

him being a great viable character, or even top, doesn't mean he needs to be nerfed, not even in tym logic, I think.
Even in this thread someone is asking for run cancel nerfs. Every recent Liu thread has been asking for nerfs outside of the broken block infinite.

Last edited:

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Suddenly everyone is a liu kang main. His f213 dash cancel NEEDS to be removed. But in no may is liu top 5 or even top 10 lol. Top 15 for sure.hqt/hunter predator, bs shinnok and kobu tanya are out here and everyone is worried about liu kang lol

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!

Tempest Lao
Swarm D'Vorah
Summoner Quan
Predator Hunter
Sonya CO
Shinnok BS
Tanya Kobu
Kung Jin Bojutsu
Erron Black Outlaw
Raiden TG
Cassie Hollywood
Possibly Jax Pumped up

Suddenly everyone is a liu kang main. His f213 dash cancel NEEDS to be removed. But in no may is liu top 5 or even top 10 lol. Top 15 for sure.hqt/hunter predator, bs shinnok and kobu tanya are out here and everyone is worried about liu kang lol
the dash cancel is not even a big deal.

Yeah, just completely try to nullify my argument with fighting game community colloquialisms like "downplayer", as opposed to presenting anything useful. Stop.

Presenting an opinion doesn't make it a fact and doesn't make anyone who disagrees a downplayer whatever the hell that even means.

Sigh. I'm not drunk enough for this stuff yet.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Correct me if I'm wrong but what makes DF Liu Kang drifferent from KJ Tanya? Both have great pressure, no mix-ups, he has a better projectile, she has her teleport which BTW is not THAT good anymore, she has an unsafe armored launcher, he has a safe armored move that doesn't launch, aren't their defensive options the same also?

And she is labeled as top 3/5