What's new

Question - Dragons Fire How good is DF Liu Kang really is?

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
and d3 shudnt plus 2 to be fair
Ehh, I'm all for it being +1 on block like it says it the frame data. But I'm not entirely sure if they should make it - on block, it would really hurt Dualist and sort of hurt Flame Fist (it's not like Dragon's Fire needs more + frames). There would be no real reason to use it over his F4 or B1 besides needing to low profile certain moves.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I'm 100% convinced that whoever doesn't think he is top 5 is either
A. A liu Kang main who doesn't want to see their character needed
B. A person whose never played a good liu Kang
C. A scrub

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Amidst all this down playing we find this fool.
Dualist is probably high tier
Lol I wish it were true. Respect man. Keep the dream alive.

The reality is, Forever Elite, and in egotistical fashion I dare say myself, are two of a very small number of people who actually have put time in to Dualist and can make him work.

I was quick to write it off, but it's still Liu Kang who is a good base character. It's just that it's DF lite.
In egotesticle fashion I'm upset my name isn't listed. Except it's not us who make dualist work...its dualist who makes US work.

Honestly can we stop with up playing dualist though? Low tiers can compete; we know this. Me and big D did well with Nightwolf in MK9. Why can't Dualist be low tier? Someone has to be.

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
C. A scrub
Please convince me how is liu kang better than kung lao, cassie, shinnok, erron black, Tanya, d vorah, raiden, kung jin, predator, jax, and quan chi

xXxNasHxXx

Mighty Champion of EarthRealm
Here is a video on how to counter the so called "F44 fbrc loop". Trying to make a full tutorial on how to deal with Liu Kang's pressure but i dont have a good uploading speed as the file size is large.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Here is a video on how to counter the so called "F44 fbrc loop". Trying to make a full tutorial on how to deal with Liu Kang's pressure but i dont have a good uploading speed as the file size is large.

You're not doing it fast enough, if you can see the fireball animation then it's too slow. Someone like @EMPR_MURK would be a good example of how to do FBRCs when he was playing on Pig's Red Hot Sunday's stream against playing2win.

You still have to be on point in order to do F44 FBRC loops constantly, but it's still no excuse.

AssassiN

Noob
You're not doing it fast enough, if you can see the fireball animation then it's too slow. Someone like @EMPR_MURK would be a good example of how to do FBRCs when he was playing on Pig's Red Hot Sunday's stream against playing2win.
Also inputting the MB too early on Flying Kick so it whiffs on crouch block, using D3 instead of B1 after Flying Kick MB on block.

RM_Gamer

Noob
Liu kang is a damn good character and he can compete with the top tier. But not me lol. I struggle too much dealing with the game and its bs

C. A scrub
LOL, if you think DF Liu is top 5 without the DC you know nothing about top tiers.

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
Please convince me how is liu kang better than kung lao, cassie, shinnok, erron black, Tanya, d vorah, raiden, kung jin, predator, jax, and quan chi
his pressure only requires stamina foxy and others agree his pressure is better than laos 3 reps of run cancels that are more + than laos(which cost meter) into +4 mb flying kick (if you crouch block) +2 if you dont meter build is insane he block infinites quan chi lol on top of that he has a low fireball air fireball and bf1 so come on man hes def top 10 arguable top 5 and dash cancels that are +6 and a +2 d3 like bruh stahp

Last edited:

xXxNasHxXx

You still have to be on point in order to do F44 FBRC loops constantly, but it's still no excuse.
Thanks pal for correcting my mistakes and i hope it will improve my fbrcs with Liu Kang. Are these cancels fine or need to do a little more work. I really appreciate your opinion.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Thanks pal for correcting my mistakes and i hope it will improve my fbrcs with Liu Kang. Are these cancels fine or need to do a little more work. I really appreciate your opinion.

It's closer than before but you still have more work to do
Watch this video of Murk and see if you can get the cancels as fast as he can, and this is online to so it's definitely possible.

AssassiN

Noob
Thanks for telling me the mistakes i have done. I really appreciate.
I'm sorry, but it sounds so sarcastic :p.

If you want to test your cancels, put the AI on auto block.
Then try to link stuff like:
- F44~FBRC, 113(one of the easier ones)
- F12~FBRC, 113
- F44~FBRC, F44~Bycicle kick
- F12~FBRC, F44~Bycicle kick

These should all combo.

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
his pressure only requires stamina foxy and others agree his pressure is better than laos 3 reps of run cancels that are more + than laos(which cost meter) into +4 mb flying kick (if you crouch block) +2 if you dont meter build is insane he block infinites quan chi lol on top of that he has a low fireball air fireball and bf1 so come on man hes def top 10 arguable top 5 and dash cancels that are +6 and a +2 d3 like bruh stahp
yes his pressure is good , the infinite is going to get nerf and his zoning is good but what about the other tools?
compare his to everyone else

xXxNasHxXx

I'm sorry, but it sounds so sarcastic :p.

If you want to test your cancels, put the AI on auto block.
Then try to link stuff like:
- F44~FBRC, 113(one of the easier ones)
- F12~FBRC, 113
- F44~FBRC, F44~Bycicle kick
- F12~FBRC, F44~Bycicle kick

These should all combo.
hahaha... no pal i am not getting sarcastic. Just respecting you on providing me the knowledge on mistakes i have done in the video. To be a good Liu Kang player i have to respect those who are giving me the proper knowledge.

xXxNasHxXx

If u find f44~fbrc f44 too difficult, u can always do do f44~fbrc 112 bk. It does 1% less damage but it's easier to link
Thanks for the suggestion. I will try this later tonight. I don't find it difficult to link F44 fbrc F44. But my fbrcs are not very invisible or say the perfect one. I had to practice more to perfect them.

xXxNasHxXx

Just one more thing guys please help me on Iafb. I can't do them consistently. I provided a video please tell me what i am doing wrong (wrong input and wrong timing or other issues).