What's new

Question - Reptile How do you stop Reptile?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Have some of you guys ever thought to realize that you're not that good and that problem is in you and not the character? Reptile is good but some of yall are making it out to be god tier when he's far from it. You young guys post a top of misinformation before exploring all of your options and it is super annoying. Also stop using online as some type of measuring sticks for characters.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Zaccel

Noob
I dot get why people are saying try to zone a character who with 1 bar can literally punish almost every single projectile in the game, from literally the furthest part of full screen, on REACTION (except for Predators high plasma which he has to be slightly closer to punish). This doesn't strike me as something that will end up well. Am I missing something?
Are you talking about EX bf4 or EX db4? EX bf4 is a band-aid solution to zoning, and EX db4 gets riskier the better their zoning is (though I do think it's a bit underrated, in that respect).

Now, something I'd like to ask Reptile mains: where does he get the majority of his meter building? What are the best ways to build meter with this character and what is the best way to deny it from him, if any? Is it mostly just staggers? Which strings mostly, anything other than F412 ? If so, when? Thanks in advance
db2 blockstrings and getting away with murder in zoning. f412xxdb2 is the best. No gap. He can do it from other strings but that's asking for trouble unless they're out of meter.

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
Have some of you guys ever thought to realize that you're not that good and that problem is in you and not the character? Reptile is good but some of yall are making it out to be god tier when he's far from it. You young guys post a top of misinformation before exploring all of your options and it is super annoying. Also stop using online as some type of measuring sticks for characters.
This is exactly why I get easily agitated when I read some of the posts on this site, and evidently in this thread. When you see something you don't know how to defend against, you need to sit back and seriously think about your options. When you break down any situation into it's possible "what if" outcomes, you begin to realise you have more plausible options than you initially thought. Yes plus frames can be hard to deal with, but you have a multitude of options with how to deal with it, especially if it's just +6 as opposed to something like LK's f213 rc plus frames. And if not, you eat some damage, gain some meter and have an opportunity to turn things around (yes, I AM suggesting that you can turn things around when you're knocked down. The get up game can be as bad for the attacker than the defender). Then on top of that, there's the possibility of simply being patient and blocking. But he can get a free 50/50 if you stand there and block? Yeah, sure that's a threat but pay attention and you can decide if the attacker is favouring one option than the other. Maybe he LITERALLY ALWAYS goes for the 50/50 after being +6. In that case, you're more than likely going to have meter at least one time when you defend against this, so spend a bar and armour through that shit.

Seriously dudes, see what you get hit by, replicate it in training mode and see what you can do. It just takes a little effort, but it's incredibly empowering when you completely understand what's happening.

PLAY FOR KEEPSIES

No backsies
This is exactly why I get easily agitated when I read some of the posts on this site, and evidently in this thread. When you see something you don't know how to defend against, you need to sit back and seriously think about your options. When you break down any situation into it's possible "what if" outcomes, you begin to realise you have more plausible options than you initially thought. Yes plus frames can be hard to deal with, but you have a multitude of options with how to deal with it, especially if it's just +6 as opposed to something like LK's f213 rc plus frames. And if not, you eat some damage, gain some meter and have an opportunity to turn things around (yes, I AM suggesting that you can turn things around when you're knocked down. The get up game can be as bad for the attacker than the defender). Then on top of that, there's the possibility of simply being patient and blocking. But he can get a free 50/50 if you stand there and block? Yeah, sure that's a threat but pay attention and you can decide if the attacker is favouring one option than the other. Maybe he LITERALLY ALWAYS goes for the 50/50 after being +6. In that case, you're more than likely going to have meter at least one time when you defend against this, so spend a bar and armour through that shit.

Seriously dudes, see what you get hit by, replicate it in training mode and see what you can do. It just takes a little effort, but it's incredibly empowering when you completely understand what's happening.
Who actually complained about that move being OP or anything tho. Same to the guy you responded to. Looks like people are just discussing how to play against the character. You seem to be overreactin

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
Who actually complained about that move being OP or anything tho. Same to the guy you responded to. Looks like people are just discussing how to play against the character. You seem to be overreactin
I'm just venting based on a common occurrence I see on the site. Not enough thoughtful breakdown of situations, too much focus on tools being stronger than they are. The other guys post just pushed me to have a bit of a rant.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
I labbed Rep out a bit more Pig. He's still safe on things I don't think he should be but more of hiis EX moves aren't. Turns out it's just online that makes him hard for me to punish. But does he have any gaps in strings? What do I do when a reptile d3s me like 3 times and gets away with it?
cant remmeber the inputs, but there is a string that i used with him offline: that jailed... it was plus.. and his D3 is gawd awful... the data in game is incorrect. and should not be used to make arguments...

could it be 21 D3 into what ever is cleaver... something like that... but im off TYM untill something important is posted again... let me know @I Am The LK

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Why is everyone tagging ESG Jagged? There's a joke here I'm missing
i guess whatever entertains small minded people.. ;)

but for real.. i have no clue.. been off a month, and you have no clue how many tagges/notifications i had.. lawl... but seriously .. has anything changed in MKX yet?

still the same?

has online magically fixed?

is there still hitbox issues?

Smoke better be in. and they better release KP2 quickly so i can get a decent refund if not...

btw @I Am The LK

MGSV Phantom Pain is awesome:)
you need to get it!

i might get Black Ops III but it might be a while.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
What safe armored moves does Reptile have?
Not sure why everyone ignored this but yeah, none of Reptiles armor options are safe lol. So one way to deal with Reptile OP is to know that all three of his armor options, EX slide, EX claw, and EX pounce, are all -15 or more

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Not sure why everyone ignored this but yeah, none of Reptiles armor options are safe lol. So one way to deal with Reptile OP is to know that all three of his armor options, EX slide, EX claw, and EX pounce, are all -15 or more
Bruh I can't punish online that means the moves are safe let me create a thread and bitch about how everything is safe

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Ex invisibility

Parasurama

Dragon
So basically zone and punish any armored moves? In terms of spacing I think he has quite a few moves that helps him to get in but I only know by playing Reptiles. Any other advice? Is it generally better to block high or low? I think the answer is high-right?