What's new

Question - Reptile How do you stop Reptile?

Which characters can do this to him guys?
I feel like Lao could do his usual jump back 2 jump forward 2 as well.. and yeah you can spit or throw out forceballs, but you have to be careful. Lao has so many angles for divekick, then add the teleport in there and you'll really run into issues if you're not patiently waiting for that.

This may not be as much of an issue anymore since the j2 is nerfed some. Might be able to throw a projectile and step back slightly to Outspace some of his jump in attempts, but it's still not just an easy read because he does have options ya know

Also the new imposter Shinnok is OD!! :)

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Kano vs Reptile: I tend to choose Cyber and keep distance long as possible. My knives are faster then his zoning tools, besides spit. Just wacth out for his wake up dash. Reptile is pretty straight forward. Wacth out for his low kicker.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Maybe. But there is also no one that represents rhe character at a high enough level to really have a good idea of the mu
Reptile beats Goro no question about it.

The lack of mobility on Goro's side really hurts him.

I have played this match-up hundreds of times against Milky. This is not a fun match-up for Goro, winnable but not fun.

Israel

Noob
Reptile beats Goro no question about it.
No offense to the character goro but.... If this is reptiles only winning mu, then its not even worth mentioning.

If goro was like, some feared character or known top character then i would understand. But lets think about it, who does not have a winning mu against goro honestly...

Last edited:

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
Old post, i know but if you still have trouble with the MU, here's a few tips: You need to get your pressure started before him ASAP since liu's pressure isn't meter dependent and is really good, you should be able to take the round off of him with some well executed pressure, once reptile gets in, it's really hard to get out and he may take a full round from you just like that.His zoning should be dealt with mostly low fireballs, you should be patient (which is, trust me, something i do not like to do lol)and take steps in to get to him, get him in the corner and go ham.His ex invisibility pressure is something you do not want to even get close to getting hit by, if he gets his pressure started, it's time to guess lol.

So really, it's just a MU of trying to be patient against the zoning, get in, go ham, if he gets you, hope you guess right lol.....

P.S He has no safe armored moves, none.

P.P.S I refuse to agree Liu Kang "struggles" against any character at all...

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
No offense to the character goro but.... If this is reptiles only winning mu, then its not even worth mentioning.

If goro was like, some feared character or known top character then i would understand. But lets think about it, who does not have a winning mu against goro honestly...
Goro is not a bad character by any means. Goro lacks 2 things. Mobility which also includes the lack of a whiff punisher.

Israel

Noob
Goro is not a bad character by any means. Goro lacks 2 things. Mobility which also includes the lack of a whiff punisher.
Thats fine. But if someone asks me..'Whats reptiles winning mu's?' If i say...'Goro.' Their just gonna say...'oh.'

In my opinion..not even worth mentioning. im just gonna say None.

considering the fact that Goro, is on the winning mu chart for 80% of the cast (estimate), its not worth mentioning. Especially IF this reptiles 1 and ONLY winning one..

Addhad

GOD OF EARTHRELM
idk I play Ermac so every time you do something unsafe that's 41% in the corner that's 45 meter less :)

Yak

Noob
Back dashes, a lot of his strings will just break your armor. I do struggle a little against reptile especially online. When using my main sz I usually catch them in my clone or try to as soon as I see them trying to start a string, or if they throw a projectile I ex iceball or slide under it. if you have a character with a parry it helps. interruptible strings maybe?
in the beta the strings that leave you neutral actually leave you neutral and it doesn't feel like he is plus on everything. He is a really good character imo but I also don't have enough mu experience against him, so this is just from what I have tried using against him.

Yak

Noob
Goro really isn't as bad as everyone thinks. I use him, though I'd make him a little faster, b1,2,u2 shouldn't have a gap or whiff, his u2? anti air could use some range.
I wish b3 was just a little bit faster.