What's new

How do you play this character? Seriously

jcbowie

...more deadly than the dawn.
How can you not open people up? Every time you leave the ground its a 50/50 into 450 damage
Darkseid's teleport is the most punishable thing in the universe. Anyone with a half-decent AA or air-to-air should knock you out of it consistently with no trouble. The only way to set that shit up is by doing it on knockdown/techroll if it catches them offguard or to just do the running trait into a teleport to enforce it.

Not to mention his actual 50/50's, even if you get them to hold it, are punishable as hell too.

GJX7

Your Mediocrity Is Killing Me
Darkseid's teleport is the most punishable thing in the universe. Anyone with a half-decent AA or air-to-air should knock you out of it consistently with no trouble. The only way to set that shit up is by doing it on knockdown/techroll if it catches them offguard or to just do the running trait into a teleport to enforce it.

Not to mention his actual 50/50's, even if you get them to hold it, are punishable as hell too.
Theyre bad 50/50s, but I don't think anyone can block stomp all of the time

jcbowie

You don't have to block it all of the time, 90% of the time Darkseid gets AA'd before he even has a chance to enforce it.

He's dependent on trait in the neutral, just like Atrocitus, so he has to camp and charge minions in order to enforce 50/50's. The difference is that Darkseid's trait is a one-off and he doesn't get a period of sustained pressure and chip like Atrocitus does. His grounded 50/50's aren't fuzzyable the way Atro's mixups are, so that's a different advantage in playstyle. He also doesn't have the footsie tools that a character like Atro does, however, and his zoning is slow and simplistic, flowchart and easy to get around if you have any defensive skill. Darkseid's neutral is weaker than most characters because of these aspects of his character, and his damage is sick if you can get it, but it is based on difficult to reach 50/50 scenarios that are easily punishable should the defender guess correctly. That's why it's hard to play neutral with him successfully.

E

Eldriken

Smart players also know to pushblock the minion, which takes away your 50/50 attempt.

While I'm sure there are situations where it can't be pushblocked, it's still a readily available option the majority of the time.

Smart players also know to pushblock the minion, which takes away your 50/50 attempt.

While I'm sure there are situations where it can't be pushblocked, it's still a readily available option the majority of the time.
i think you mean dumb players pushblock evertyime. if an opponent pushblocks me once they better not do it again or theyre getting punished.

jcbowie

Does the bounce cancel thing that Atro can do work for Darkseid? To pushblock punish?

E

Eldriken

Does the bounce cancel thing that Atro can do work for Darkseid? To pushblock punish?
It works for everyone, I believe. The armor from the cancel eats the pushblock.

However, when you pushblock a Minion from Darkseid, Darkseid gets knocked back even though it wasn't his actual attack that got pushblocked. So I'm not quite sure it could work the same way.

E

Eldriken

there are plenty of ways but the main way is just mb f3
That seems it would take some massive situational awareness and one HELL of a read to do since it's the grounded Minion.

If you use the OH and they pushblock, you're back to neutral and there's nothing you can do to punish that.

That seems it would take some massive situational awareness and one HELL of a read to do since it's the grounded Minion.

If you use the OH and they pushblock, you're back to neutral and there's nothing you can do to punish that.
not really you just mb f3 instead of mix when you think they will pushblock. that and theres other ways too. its really not that huge of a commitment, they are either gonna pushblock or not. and although you could be wrong you could be right thats how darkseid works.

jcbowie

It would work well if his jump wasn't so floaty and if the pushback from his jump normals wasn't liable to put them out of range for a stomp.

E

Eldriken

It would work well if his jump wasn't so floaty and if the pushback from his jump normals wasn't liable to put them out of range for a stomp.
Not quite sure what you mean as far as his jump normals.

Are you saying Doom Stomp whiffs after a j2/j3 on block or something else?

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Test Your Might mobile app

jcbowie

Not quite sure what you mean as far as his jump normals.

Are you saying Doom Stomp whiffs after a j2/j3 on block or something else?

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Test Your Might mobile app
That is what I mean, sorry, I didn't think that was unclear.

Yeah, his jump is pretty floaty and it ceases to be an effective mixup if the opponent can easily AA your jump in or if you try to do the overhead into low and the stomp whiffs because the j3 or whatever pushes them back too far on block.

stay away and wait for trait. lol
if in someones face just do d1 mb knee .

only go in when trait is on.

idk i dont play darkseid. thats all i see darkseids doo.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Spam laser.
Spam Air Teleport -> J2 -> Stomp
Spam wakeup knees
Spam MB laser whenever you build a bar.
???
Profit

MetalPete

MACHKAAAAA!!!!!
As pointed out by a few already, mind games are the key. Using incomplete strings, trying to reverse wake ups with teleport, double teleport, delaying teleport after minion charge, faux cross-up doomstomp, instant air omega beams to teleport, etc, etc.

E

Eldriken

I barely mix at all and have had relatively good success. I just lame people the fuck out. They don't know what to do against a very patient, highly defensive Darkseid.

I try and mix every now and again, but I've had matches where my biggest combo was b12, 223, or Doom Stomp and still won.

Omega Beams add up along with the rest.