What's new

How do you pick your character?

Wolverine32

PSN: ADM_Wolverine
I main predator because of the tools he possesses, buttons, simple but effective strings, great zoning, contends well in the neutral with just about any of the cast. He also plays naturally to me, inputs are huge to me. Characters with what i see as odd moves just don't click. Tanya's df2-df1-df2 for example just feels odd to me, would love to play such a quality character but I can't prioritize being a near God-like character over playing naturally. It's all preference to me, first I find the tools I like, then lab them out to find out if they're going to fit my play style.

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
fak u. cr.MK xx Fireball ALL DAY
.........................................L
.........................................L

.........................................D
.........................................A
.........................................Y
so what is it? Lord Aizen or FG master douchebag?

kantboy-2

Ripper
Grapplers and/or Bruisers are my main interest in a fighting game. Zangief/Hugo/Haggar, Wolf/Taka (VF), Marduk/Feng, Bane, etc..

They got my attention quickly with Lackey Ferra/Torr but I then fell in love with Commando Kano's move set.

I pick any strong character that visually looks badass with preferrably a high excution barrier
Mk9 kabal/cyrax
Mkx erron / quan and a pocket lao

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
In order....

Are they a female
Are they pink color themed
Are they a femme fatale
Do they have an annoying playstyle
Do their moves look cool to me

Bonus points if they have a confident, sexy attitude/personality.

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
Well for everyone is different because people like different gameplay styles but for me, design is important ofc, but I am always looking for a fast rushdown char that doesn't let you time to think and can make crazy comeback, risky play style but good damage and someone badass, that's why I play Doomsday, Kano, Reptile, Makoto, Necalli, R.Mika, Karin

Rolling_Toaster

Praise be to Lord Brady
For me, I choose my mains based on story and sometimes gameplay. I like Sub-Zero's story AND gameplay so he was a perfect fit for me.

jharris

I'm not surprised, motherfuckers
i cant be fully commited to a character unless I think they look cool and im interested in their backstory/lore. Kotal looks sick asf and his history and osh tekk warrior, also my secondary reptile, i love the last of his race thing and his loyalty to the khan.