What's new

Question - Cyrax How do you nerf this character

What you do is tell people about backdash and jumping.

You don't have the same ridiculous advantage when an opponent falls out of the air from a net. THIS IS NOT MK9

All you need to do to Cyrax is make the bombs actually have an increase in gravity so he can't build ridiculous meter and chew up a third of a round from one combo.

Error404

Noob
Well , I'd suggest making opponents invulnerable to traps/projectiles WHILE being thrown , like it is in KI , but that could potentially butcher Hunter/Warrior Predator. Though if this were to be emplimented he would be completely fine in my opinion. I don't think his htbs should be removed ,because they're not more broken than the ones that already exist in the game.

Mrfinesse28

Your Sacrifice Honors Me!
Damn cross platform plays needs to be implemented so I can play u....lol I bet u were one of those scrubby quan players who used summoner or something . In the mean time we will have to let the subject at hand pass ... But u did make me laugh a lot at the part saying u would body me ...Lol
im on psn and yes i would.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
Damn cross platform plays needs to be implemented so I can play u....lol I bet u were one of those scrubby quan players who used summoner or something . In the mean time we will have to let the subject at hand pass ... But u did make me laugh a lot at the part saying u would body me ...Lol
lol ima goro player and you would get bopped.

InFlames

dead
The definition of a vortex is a combo that puts u in a situation where u have to guess a 50/50 and if u guess wrong u will be put in a combo that ends in the same situation if I'm not mistaken. In the fighting world or better known as the blender so how does tremor not have a one if he puts u in the corner hard knock down over head Rock has option to do 50/50 then repeat if block wrong.
Only EX Up Rock gives a 50/50, and you have to use specific combos to shred armor with it. Even then delayed wake-ups beats the setup and you can't loop off b3 unless you use meter or reduce your damage greatly to the point where it's not worth it.

By your logic everyone with a 50/50 has a vortex.

Tweedy

Noob
Also... If u think this shits hard to block you haven't played marvel or guilty gear at a high level.
I don't understand how this is a point.

Don't hard to blockables make the game more random? Why would anyone, besides a chronic downplayer, want this?

Rebourne07

The only Metallic player left
Nerfs:

Air net drops them to the floor.

4-5 frame buffer on lowoverheads to come out as a mid.

Buffs:

F2 ACTUALLY hits mid

New d1/d3 with some actual range.

Ex teleport has armour on reversal and better active frames.

B2 plus on block so it has some use in neutral.
This is the answer to the question

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
Lets be honest we all knew that cyrax would be hell to play against just from his history. NRS has to be careful with the balance changes they make to a character. The last thing you would want is to completely destroy the meta of a character because he has hard to blockables. I mean lets be honest cyrax was built before with unblockable bombs in previous mk games so that was even crazier. I think taking away his vortex wouldnt make sense being that alot of characters have them. Ermac,scorp,raiden,sub,letherface,sonya,etc. regardless of what u do u cant escape the fact that some characters are fucked up on mk. What to you guys think should be the change for rax. It has to make since cause one major change completely changes the way the character is played or sometimes it turns them to not being played at all.
None he's fine

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
"How Do You Counter This Character?" is what this title and overall attitude should be

kantboy-2

Ripper
Cyrax takes twice as long as other characters to do the same amount of damage, but Acidic takes less than half and it's not a problem.

It's literally a time thing. People don't like being forced to wait for the possibility of their turn.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Didn't watch final round, was there any Cyrax footage from it?
All i saw was Alien and Kung Jin from the bits that I watched..

TheKingsAutopsy

The Bow, The Bird
Can we disable bombs after net for Cyrax or allow bombs after freeze for CSZ? If the bomb for CSZ connects in the same combo as a freeze it should just cause a knockdown. Just something I feel should be the same for both characters.

omg they nerfed cyrax.. to me he is unplayable, so if i manage to start a combo off bomb, then i cant end in net. and the net now goes away quickly!
also came up with some nice tech and its all gone.....