What's new

How do you go from blocking low/ducking to doing a F2 without the game reading the input as DF2.

It is for charge characters.
Gotta address this cause there is some ignorance to this answer. In SF or KOF or most other 2D games, they don't usually have directional inputs for string. This causes this to be a none issue.

Lets say for example that P1 is using Ryu while P2 is using Guile. Ryu does a sweep and Guile blocks, now the Guile player won't do forward plus medium punch then up plus kicks to punish. The Guile player would still be holding down back then press medium punch then press up plus kick to special cancel into the Flash kick.

The same can be applied in KOF, Guilty Gear and literally every other fighting game except NRS games because none of the other games use arbitrary strings inputs while also having special moves tied to directional input.

Other fighting games will have normal attacks, chains/magic series with some command normals here and there but very rarely would you see full on strings like NRS games.

So no, this is an issue that i have never seen in any other fighting game to this extent. How about the fucked up input for push block that litreally makes no sense, if the game doesn't have auto-block then why the hell do we need to have it be forward plus MB ? Why can't it just be MB while blocking like for example MVC and advanced guard ?

But I guess it is because NRS like to reinvent the wheel and do things their way because it is cool. I had the same issue with the dumb AF run input in MKX. Guilty Gear, KOF and other games had run inputs and it works just fine but no, we have to make convoluted shit up cuz of reasons.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Also, its more causal friendly to have a block button.

If my comment isn't applicable, then how is yours?

My point being, if the reason it is different is for the sake of simplicity, they failed because this does simple, better. Hence, that is not the reason they chose this avenue.

But.... its not..... (?_?)
Context mate. I was responding to someone who was specifically asking about why down to block is a thing in Injustice as opposed to down/back to block. So when I say, "it's more casual friendly to have down to block", I'm answering a question, not making a random ass statement.

Blocking correctly in MKX was dramatically harder because of the prevalence of 50/50 mixups, that's what I was saying to the other guy.

Justfitz

Noob
I've noticed that this problem is even worse for those of who:
A) Play on a stick (like myself) (I had to switch to alternate controls, and it sucks) or...
B) Are in the habit of duck blocking using down back instead of just down (like myself) (I find it difficult to neutral duck block on an arcade stick, not only because its a habit, but because I have a square gate stick. This makes it difficult to tell if my stick is sitting correctly at the neutral downwards position. If you are accidentally tilting your stick too far down forwards then your character will no longer crouch block, which i find extremely odd..)

But just as OP has stated, this is a MAJOR problem for me, and it has been since launch. The only viable solution is alt controls. Its as if NRS designed alt controls specifically for those who use a stick, and normal controls for those who use controller.