What's new

How do you go from blocking low/ducking to doing a F2 without the game reading the input as DF2.

coinaco

Noob
This is one thing that's really preventing me from playing at a higher level right now. Everytime I'm playing CC and I wanna do F233 after a low block I just end up shooting a Deathcicle and getting punished. I tried playing with input shortcuts on and off.

Shaka

Tier Whore.
All off on controls. It makes it harder to execute simple things but it's the only way.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Look at your inputs in training mode. If you're not only holding down to block you're probably letting go of block with something like D/F, D, N. Then going forward so the game reads D, F. It was happening to me too. Either only use down to block low or let go of block quickly. If you don't have a B, F special with the button you're using you could try going to back then forward instead.

You have to make sure you fully release block before hitting forward. I play on hitbox and play black adam, and have input shortcuts on. If I release down before I hit forward I can do f12 punishes from crouch every time. If I hit the forward before I release down, I get lightning hands. The hitbox allows me to discipline my inputs and keep them very clean, I can see how it could be more difficult to keep inputs that clean on a stick or pad. Like was said previously, check your inputs in training mode, focusing on releasing down before hitting forward. Step 2 is pulling it off consistently in an actual fight. Hope that helps.

Rizz091

Noob
Alt controls prevents this as long as you go from down and then to forward without the diagonal input. But I hate alt controls because back forward motions become stupid half circle ones.

Jelan

Aquaman is dead lel
There are some nice tips here, but in general this screws over everyone because of the way inputs are handled in this game.

This is one of the biggest issues with the game.

I mean look at dr fate. His healing is df2. His main footsie/punish tool is f2.

If u are playing footsies and hit down quick then need to do an immediate f2 u get healing.

And can someone please explain why d, d/b, b, f2 makes a healing come out. Shouldn't the db and b negate the input command?

Also! Db, b, f2 will also make healing come out! What! So how are I supposed to go from a cr to back walk the. Forward 2 punish.

And forget about doing things like a fast d1 to f2 with deadshot. U get trick shot off a split decision d1

Tweedy

Noob
I think people who think Superman is totally potato, would play him for a few days, get a bunch of rising grabs instead of f2s and cry to their mommies.

It's a real issue and we just deal with it because we have to. A lot of character communities don't understand it because they don't have it as bad as a character like Superman or Fate.

Apparently it never got fixed on Inj 1 so letting it deter you in 2017 is pointless. Either deal with it or play a different fighting game. :(

Xzyj

Noob
I think people who think Superman is totally potato, would play him for a few days, get a bunch of rising grabs instead of f2s and cry to their mommies.

It's a real issue and we just deal with it because we have to. A lot of character communities don't understand it because they don't have it as bad as a character like Superman or Fate.

Apparently it never got fixed on Inj 1 so letting it deter you in 2017 is pointless. Either deal with it or play a different fighting game. :(
your ability to turn any thread into superman downplay is beyond my understanding.

Sulfur

Winning feels better when you take a little damage
alt controls on with shortcuts off is the only way, then make sure to not slide your thumb over DF as you make the transition from D to F

your ability to turn any thread into superman downplay is beyond my understanding.
I mean, it's relevant to the discussion. Superman is one of the characters who suffers from this problem the worst, because f2 is his best poke and he has a df2 special.

Rizz091

Noob

The first time I gave superman a whirl online, I did 3 whiffed rising grabs in a row in the middle of the screen lol

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Blame NRS for not putting their mind into fixing this issue. NRS created this game, so NRS is the factor of the problems. It's up to NRS to fix it. I have gotten used to having Input Shortcuts ON since MKX, but since this input bug is the biggest problem in INJ2, I don't go competitive with this madness.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
It's a seemingly simple fix... Just tighten the input window for specials.

I don't know anyone, casual or otherwise, who does special move inputs super slow like the game allows.

Rizz091

Noob
It should at least not now down back to forward to work if shortcuts or off. Or down, back, forward, also should not be giving me a special. It should be a clean down to forward.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I just use alt controls. Half circle motions don't really hinder the character I play.

IMO the DF motions should always require a diagonal like in other games. Alt controls is the best thing for this but makes some inputs overly complex.