What's new

Discussion How Do You All Decide Who Your Main Is? Who is it and why?

Does more than a character fitting your play style play a role in the hunt?

• Yes

Votes: 56 78.9%
  • No

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • Not exactly sure...

Votes: 8 11.3%

• Total voters

Wigy

There it is...
Simple tools complex gameplan.

JC etc.

Characters who are really flowchart and lame like subzero and flamefist liu i get bored in about 4 seconds

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
i have a few favorites, but, the characters i pick comes down to a characters gameplan, and how many options they appear to have. Also how good the character is in general is also a factor. What can i say, im attracted to power :cool:

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
For me, I have usually about three mains because I have multiple characters I like. In the case of Injustice, I mained Superman because not only was he extremely fun, but he was also my favorite DC hero. After seeing the Man of Steel movie, I added Zod to my list since I thought he was badass villain. Finally, there was Zatanna, a character I was hoping so badly to make it into the game, so she was my third.

MKX I stuck with Kenshi, Subby, and Kitana throughout the game's beginning and learned all their variants. From there, I eventually branched off and tried characters I wanted to learned because I thought they looked cool, like Erron Black. Of course, I tried out all the dlc characters and mained two of the guests: Predator and Alien. However, after watching Honeybee play D'Vorah on stream for a while, I found a liking to her playstyle and added her to my list of characters.

Other factors that make me choose my characters is if my favorite fighting game players will use them. Kenshi and Zod being used by @Pig Of The Hut , Sub Zero by @Tom Brady and Predator by @YOMI REO , Etc. Its nice to be able to study gameplay from players who are veterans to fighting games.

Noob
I pit them aside against Ryu Hayabusa, and see how "cool and badass" they are compared to him. The closer they are to being Hayabusa's level of greatness, the higher the chance I will use them as a character.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Simple tools complex gameplan.

JC etc.

Characters who are really flowchart and lame like subzero and flamefist liu i get bored in about 4 seconds
What makes them lame though? I think they are pretty bland too. Especially Sub Zero.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I decide who is going to get buffs and end up high tier, and then I main them.
It's as simple as that, and usually I find it out in May.

Wigy

There it is...
What makes them lame though? I think they are pretty bland too. Especially Sub Zero.
Subzeros gameplan makes the game like a 50/50 chess game. Fucking painful design, braindead and boring as they come

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Subzeros gameplan makes the game like a 50/50 chess game. Fucking painful design, braindead and boring as they come
I appreciate SZ because he is one of the only good defensive characters in this fuck fest. At least his 50/50 is unsafe.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
I appreciate SZ because he is one of the only good defensive characters in this fuck fest. At least his 50/50 is unsafe.
I just think he's so boring to play with, and against. Especially Grandmaster.
What do you think makes him fun? I would love to train myself to enjoy but, I just... can't.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I just think he's so boring to play with, and against. Especially Grandmaster.
What do you think makes him fun? I would love to train myself to enjoy but, I just... can't.
I can understand why a Reptile player doesn't like him, you guys get fucked by him. I like defensive play, and he is one of the better defensive players. I think he is fun because he allows you to slow down the pace instead of it being like every other matchup where it is a race to get your offense started. And at the same time he has very good mobility and armor. He is very easy to pick up with a low execution barrier, but he is hard to master leaving the player with a lot of room to grow. People may not like him because the ice Klone is frustrating as hell for some characters, but that's what a zoner is supposed to do. Control space and frustrate you into making a mistake.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I chose fisticuffs because he was the most similar to mk9 Cage style, stagger oriented, and not cancels or strange mimics. He just ended up being trash.

Also I enjoy playing Kenshi in his Balanced variation. People are used to get in almost for free in this game and apply their 50/50s, and with Kenshi at least they have to think a bit. I am a patient guy and Balanced style suits me very well. I never played a zoner before mkx, Balanced has been my first approach to this kind of game plan, and it has been interesting. Sadly, he is trash tier too xD

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
I can understand why a Reptile player doesn't like him, you guys get fucked by him. I like defensive play, and he is one of the better defensive players. I think he is fun because he allows you to slow down the pace instead of it being like every other matchup where it is a race to get your offense started. And at the same time he has very good mobility and armor. He is very easy to pick up with a low execution barrier, but he is hard to master leaving the player with a lot of room to grow. People may not like him because the ice Klone is frustrating as hell for some characters, but that's what a zoner is supposed to do. Control space and frustrate you into making a mistake.
I don't hate him because he is hell for Reptile. Actually, I think people just exaggerate how much trouble Reptile has against him. You just have to adjust and you'll do ok. I hate him because it's just boring with his clone, and how people use it. It's basically a 2v1 (like Reptile's slow forceball, except even more)

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
I chose fisticuffs because he was the most similar to mk9 Cage style, stagger oriented, and not cancels or strange mimics. He just ended up being trash.

Also I enjoy playing Kenshi in his Balanced variation. People are used to get in almost for free in this game and apply their 50/50s, and with Kenshi at least they have to think a bit. I am a patient guy and Balanced style suits me very well. I never played a zoner before mkx, Balanced has been my first approach to this kind of game plan, and it has been interesting. Sadly, he is trash tier too xD
Yeah, that really sucks. I seem to cling to low tiers like Hat Trick and Balanced. Balanced because it was awesome in MK9

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I don't hate him because he is hell for Reptile. Actually, I think people just exaggerate how much trouble Reptile has against him. You just have to adjust and you'll do ok. I hate him because it's just boring with his clone, and how people use it. It's basically a 2v1 (like Reptile's slow forceball, except even more)
Reptile gets bodied but yeah I guess.

HanSolo

Noob
The characters I pick up are based on their gameplay. There has to be a midpoint between interest in the character and gameplay. I was super hype for cyrax but im just not feeling him. On the other hand Tremor could be the best possible suited character for me but I could never pick him up because he has no appeal to me. When injustice 2 drops I'll start at the characters I think are coolest and go from there.