How Did You Pick Your FGC/Gamer Name/Handle?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by CrimsonShadow, Jan 16, 2019.

1. CrimsonShadow

CrimsonShadow Administrator and Community Engineer
    Administrator

So mine is just completely generic ;) but I wanted to ask all of you: how did you pick your handle for games? If it's something we all know, why was that particular thing important to you? Etc.

2. HeavyNorse

HeavyNorse Edenian Assassin

I used to have one back from when I was an edgy teenager. So when I got my PS4, I thought it was time for a change, and I've since then changed it everywhere else as well.

HeavyNorse.
    Heavy, because that was my nickname for a long time (people thought I looked like someone who heard a lot of heavy metal). Norse, because I'm from Scandinavia, but also because I've always been very interested in Norse Mythology.

3. Krankk

Krankk Smoke & Noob

I have actually two other nicknames, which are actually my main go-to-nicknames, but since I'm using "Krankk" here, I'll just explain that one:

I used to play WOW a decade ago and after a server change I needed a brand new nickname, since I couldn't use my main two ones. Long story short: I didn't want a certain person to find me.
    Then I came up with "Krankk" since on the old server I was regarded as the best Shadow Priest player (PVP) and was often complimented with a "sick" playstyle. "Krank" is "sick" in German, but it's stylized with a second K. So "Sickk".

CrimsonShadow and ChoseDeath like this.
  4. ChoseDeath

ChoseDeath Seriously Casual Player.
    Premium Supporter

PSN:
    ChoseDeath
    ChoseDeath.

Self-ascribed. Primarily because if you made me pick my favorite musical style ever it would be Death Metal, and (especially when I was younger) I very rarely read contemporary authors, much preferring classical literature (chose to read dead authors).

5. Handle I made like 19 years ago when I was big into Nirvana. Just kinda stuck...

YoungTeezy 305 and CrimsonShadow like this.
  6. KidVanDal

KidVanDal Premium Supporter
    Premium Supporter

I was 14 and stupid...

7. Charybdis

Charybdis We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
    News Editor

I was like 15, really into Greek myth and can pronounce shit properly

8. JBeezYBabY

JBeezYBabY Mr. Righteous

OOOO i like this topic :)

Well, kids. Take a seat while Uncle JBeezY tells you a story

Once upon a time not long ago, this Negro (BARS) was in highschool and had his own crew. Dancing crew. It was during the time where Hip Hop Clowning was a thing, like Clown walking, crip walking, stripper dancing, etc. Yeah it was wild. So with my lil crew of 3 of us, my homies decided to give me the nickname JBeezY. Me being a MAJOR Lil Wayne fan, I loved how he called himself Weezy F Baby. So i decided to put baby at the end of JBeezY. JBeezY-BabY with Capital Y because....whY not ?Question mark ;)

That name has stuck with me ever since :)

9. chores

chores bad at things

PSN:
    chores_
    cause i put in that work

10. Kenshi_mk

Kenshi_mk Noob

I like a character named Kenshi in a game called Mortal Kombat (MK).
    [​IMG]

Interestingly though, I've had this name for a very long time so I'm using a different one on like Reddit, Twitch etc.

11. Eldriken

Eldriken A few pints of blood is all I ask.
    Forum General

PSN:
    Eldriken
    I was trying to think of a new handle to use way back when I was playing this text-based MMO called Race War Kingdoms.

They had an enemy named "Elder Dragonkin" and I kinda went from there and came up with what you see today. I was going for a name that had a ring to it that sounded like it could be the name of a dragon. The end result was Eldriken. I've used it ever since.

12. Crusty

Crusty Carpe Noctem

My original tag was Crusty Clown and wrote it for the sake of being random.

I outgrew the Clown part, dropping it entirely. I'm a rather crusty individual though both in personality and skin tone.

13. CallMeTetris

CallMeTetris draxx them sklounst

I don't actually use this name much anymore anywhere else, but the phrase "call me tetris" comes from a song i happen to like, easy driver by cap'n jazz

ChoseDeath and CrimsonShadow like this.
  14. SaSSolino

SaSSolino Please Shang, I need you in MK11. Don't leave me.

PSN:
    SaSSolino9
    Steam:
    SaSSolino
    My mother makes a local liquor called "Sassolino", and the name of the distillery is "Sassolino Stampa Sassuolo", with the 3 big Ss being part of the brand. Add my very little creativity and the result is SaSSolino.

https://www.sassolinostampa.it/

EDIT: "Sassolino" also means "pebble" in italian.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  15. Scott The Scot

Scott The Scot Where there is smoke, there is cancer.

It's just a name that describes me accurately.

16. MKF30

MKF30 Fujin for MK 11
    Premium Supporter

I think this thread was done like when the last MK came out lol. I remember a similar topic on here. Always fun reading the origins of players.

But anyway, Originally was just MKF then MKF30. I wanted to add something to make it stand out. The MKF is short for as most would probably guess, Mortal Kombat Fanatic. The 30 is the date I was born as well as the number I wore when I played baseball, sports etc

I have a few other aliases but prefer to keep those a mystery.

17. STRYKIE

STRYKIE #ACFE

My infant self not knowing what an American cop is supposed to look like, I thought Stryker in MK3 was some kind of street thug and looked kinda cool. I started using the name myself and throughout all the various nicknames that spawned from it, 'Strykie' eventually stuck.

(For any newer members who are curious, no, I did not play Stryker in MK9, every time I thought about giving him a chance, I kept finding more problems about him lol)

18. Dabluprint4

Dabluprint4 eh....

I'm a member of a fraternity - Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity INC - my "line name" is Dabluprint - 4 is my "line number" so.. dabluprint4 or Bluprint4

19. STB Sgt Reed

STB Sgt Reed Online Warrior

Well STB obviously because I'm in the STB clan.

The rest was from 2001 when Halo was THE lan game people played at gatherings. Everyone was naming themselves like Cpt this or Corporal that, so I wanted a military name too. Stuck Sgt in front of a portion of my name and there you go.

I've actually been thinking of changing it to something more up to date and more gaming related. We'll see

20. SonicNinja3532

SonicNinja3532 The Wannabe Prodigy

My dad had the nickname Sonic from he was a teenager way before the era of games, so that was the Sonic part, then I chose Ninja because I was 10 and another friend of mine had a similar tag.

Cringey as it is, my first tag I made not long before was T13532X. I'm not proud of that at all.

21. Johnny Based Cage

Johnny Based Cage #TeamKotal
    Premium Supporter

It’s called picking the right role models at an early age :cool:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. I am known in the fgc as "the beast" or "hands of wizard", but I picked this gamer name because, well yeah. But my real name is Daigo though.

23. Johnny Based Cage

Johnny Based Cage #TeamKotal
    Premium Supporter

Lol stfu

24. Ram

Ram You can't fight physics

PSN:
    Ramarix
    My initials are R. M., and the only vowels in my first and last names is 'a', so that's where Ram came from. Also, I was born in the year of the ram, so that worked out nicely

25. Marlow

Marlow Premium Supporter
    Premium Supporter

Just needed a name, so I named myself after one of my favorite characters from the book Heart of Darkness. Which is the book Apocolypse Now is based on.