What's new

how confident are you that this will be a good game?

Flagg

Noob
If some of you are that concerned about losing a block button, get KoF XIII.

It's pretty cheap, 2 punch attacks, 2 kick attacks, back to block. Just to give you a feel of what to expect.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
It doesn't compensate anything, If backdashes and forward dashes cannot be cancelled by crouching (which is not possible in MK9) it's gonna be very difficult to try to bait/force whiffs and punish them with launchers.
It looks like back-dash whiff-punishers are still in. A great example can be found at 5:41 in the following video:
You can see the Cyborg player going for them pretty consistently, he just fails to get in a good one until 5:41, and blows it on a blast instead of a launcher, but hopefully you can still see that it should be very possible to bait out unsafe moves and full-combo punish them.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
If some of you are that concerned about losing a block button, get KoF XIII.

It's pretty cheap, 2 punch attacks, 2 kick attacks, back to block. Just to give you a feel of what to expect.
Umm...I play that game and though it'll give them a feel for inputs it is WAY different in terms of how Injustice will likely feel. Its got a run, hops, super hops, guard breaks, and some of the hardest inputs around.

That said I love that game like crazy Andy/K'/EX KYO is my team and I love its delicious corner carry.

But yeah...that game has a pretty high entry barrier so if folks do try it dont expect to "know" how Injustice will feel. KoF XIII is hard, but its one of the best though. Buy it and play, but dont expect to get a feel for Injustice through it. Just get the demo.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I'm pretty damn confident the game will be amazing.

What I'm not confident about is how popular it will end up being by next year. It's these early decisions and tournaments that mold the game to what it will become (like the super hype vanilla MvC3 matches at the Final Round only a little bit of time after MvC3's release).

Hopeful though, everything is shaping up very nice so far.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Every build I've played has been really really really fun, with bags of potential to be really deep.

Yes, I'm incredibly confident, and trust NRS to give us a grand fighting game, which will fill the slot many players need very nicely.

tazzmission

Banned
Every build I've played has been really really really fun, with bags of potential to be really deep.

Yes, I'm incredibly confident, and trust NRS to give us a grand fighting game, which will fill the slot many players need very nicely.

you played the builds? let me ask but does it play similar to mk9 or more like sf?

i never cared for sf button system so

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
My confidence issues lie in the netcode and whether or not it'll appeal to the people I play fighting games with, normally.

But other than that, I'm certain that this is gonna be a quality title.

SLy

Noob
All the aesthetics that come with this game is cool and all..

But Im more interested in how indepth this game will be. Im pretty confident it will be good either way though.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
I'm very confident it will be good, especially if you enjoyed MK9 at all. My only worry is netcode at this point. Back to block is fine with me, I play SF and Persona so it's easy to transition. The dash speeds look much faster as well as walk speeds so not being able to dash block doesn't seem like it will be much of an issue either.

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
This game is gonna be good, period. Will it unite the FGC once and for all? No. Maybe in fifteen years when capcom vs netherrealm comes out...

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
I'm 85% sure this will be a good competitive game, 99% sure I'll find it fun as shit regardless and 50% sure the netcode will be acceptable.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
I'm 99% sure the game will be great.That missing percent is my doubt left over from my shattered hype of P4A.

They seem to listening to the community a lot. So I feel like it will be a pretty balanced game. The interactive stages will hype the crowds. Its full of content, so you won't get bored very easily. The only thing I'm worried about is the use of meter in this game, and how OD the comobos will be.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Ultimately, yes I do think it'll be a good game and a beneficial experience for everyone in the FGC alike.

My main concern isn't necessarily what's been fixed, but how NRS have gone about fixing it, I can't help but feel like it's gonna be smoke and mirrors more than direct revamps from the ground up, and thus MK9's mind-boggling, literally inexplicable problems end up inevitably resurfacing.

We can believe that the PDP stick and netcode will be good because NRS said so all we like, but, we heard the exact same thing before MK9's release. Amongst some other things that have gone unaddressed as far back as MK2.

coolwhip

Noob
As long as this game doesn't have special moves as big as hitboxes (Kenshi shoulder, Kabal NMD, Cyrax Net) then retarded zoning shouldn't be an issue in this game like it is in MK.
It's funny you say this considering how relatively weak zoning in MK was/is.

The game is at least going to be great fun in versus mode as I had great fun during RFD with all characters I tried(mostly Black Adam, but Harley, Supes and Joke were fun too, went back to Adam as I was most intent on figuring his stuff out)

How good story mode, online etc will be I dont know, but I already know Im gonna get my values worth on versus alone. Judging on the comic and previews and hints(and mk9) I think I'm in for one great story mode. MK has atrocius online, but they think they fixed that, if not I'm still fine, I like SF4, Kof and Marvel still and lord knows their online is a chore.(dammit Skullgirls, why cant the others be like you)

First stop, next weeks demo :)