What's new

how confident are you that this will be a good game?

Justice

Warrior
just recently, said it's next tuesday for PS3, wednesday for xbox
Oohhhhh yeeeeaaaaassssssss!

I was one of the more vocal detractors of this game in the beginning and I ended up pre-paying for the Collector's Edition over a month ago. 'Nuff said :D

Reactions: RYX

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Oohhhhh yeeeeaaaaassssssss!

I was one of the more vocal detractors of this game in the beginning and I ended up pre-paying for the Collector's Edition over a month ago. 'Nuff said :D
us CE OGs tho

...do demos ever feature online capabilities?

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Cyborg can cancel into his pop-up move from his forward dash, so I think at least SOME characters can do it.

With a demo coming out this is a very good opportunity to check though. :)
Not being able to cancel backdashes with something that allows you to backdash again in quick succession without sacrificing your ability to block attacks on reaction will make this game a button mashing contest off people just throwing out moves and jumping all the time. I base my entire gameplan in both MK and Tekken on trying to get people to whiff attacks so I can launch them, so I am extremely worried if there is no way to repeatedly backdash without a long-ass recovery animation.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Not being able to cancel backdashes with something that allows you to backdash again in quick succession without sacrificing your ability to block attacks on reaction will make this game a button mashing contest off people just throwing out moves and jumping all the time. I base my entire gameplan in both MK and Tekken on trying to get people to whiff attacks so I can launch them, so I am extremely worried if there is no way to repeatedly backdash without a long-ass recovery animation.
We'll see in like 5 days lol

Goldi

Warrior
If I'm going to be honest.... Not very. They took my damn block button! Lol, yea, I'm sure I'll adjust...

But it doesn't really matter. I'm only buying it because all the cool kids are. If it sucks, yay for more mk9! If it doesn't, great. Now if it only sucks to me, I'll be lonely fish. :(

RossSaiohken

Edward of the Storm Lands.
I'm 100% sure its going to be awesome.

My only fear is that I've hyped it up too much and it may not live up to my ridiculous over-expectations.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I fairly hype and confident it won't fail. The only thing that could really ruin this game for me is terrible DLC choices for extra characters.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
i havent heard anyone who's played it say a bad thing about it so yeah im pretty confident it'll be good.a buddy of mine went to the wb thing over here in england a couple of days ago,abit of a fighting game purist and he really didnt like the look of it,played for about 40 minutes and his actual words were "its fucking sick,so much better than i expected"

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
about 75%

I know the engine and the way specials are performed. The issue is back to block and not being able to "dash cancel"
I don't see those being huge problems, unless you have just never played games that are like that. Even then it isn't that hard to adjust to at all.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Lead Moderator
I don't see those being huge problems, unless you have just never played games that are like that. Even then it isn't that hard to adjust to at all.
I grew up playing Street Fighter with my brothers, I was never good at it.

Gryfen Z

Game store guy
I'm 150% sure it will live up to the hype being generated by NRS and the FGC as a whole.

I'm 95% sure it will live up to the hype I generate for myself, since I'm basically frothing at the mouth and awaiting the day I can pick up my BE.

My only concerns are relatively minor. I'd like to see the game played with no restrictions to interactables or transitions at tournaments, but I don't know what the chances are of that happening with so much of the tourney guys wanting everything set so damn vanilla. Ever notice how often a lot of tourney guys play on whatever training stage there is for a particular game during tourney streams so they aren't "distracted by the background"? Boooring.

The other is the seemingly high damage on transitions considering the nonstop two lifebar deal IGAU has going on. That one in particular is pretty minor since it would be an easy patch.

But yeah. Outside of that, frothing.:)

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
The only thing i'm worried about is me adjusting to the back button. That's gonna be a bitch. :(
honestly its not that bad,i had issues for a few hours when i first went to mk from sf4 with the block button and after playing mk 9 for about 16 months it only took a few matches for me to get used to the back to block again when i messed around with sf again. you'll be fine dude.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
MK9 wasn't that bad(the netcode was the worst part about it)but people seem to have this fear of fighting games failing to deliver on the hype due to recent events with capcom
Well, there is always "over-hyping" when a game is being promoted and advertised but if Injustcie brings at least the same fun amount that MK9 brought then I think it will be good.

tazzmission

Banned
well for starters this is dc comics first attempt at the fighting genre because a series like arkham asylum/city are more action i guess you would call it.

also the roster is a big plus because never in a millions years did i expect doomsday, black adam, sinestro,bane,to be playable.

story mode can go either way but whats nice about this is its a story based on a universe people have loved for 50 years

i think the game will do well i really do and with nrs at the healm omg dc and wb will have a new fighting franchise for years to come

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Im really confident it will be a success. Its got a ton of content for casuals and more meat than MK9 geared to FGC dudes what with the training options and frame data and especially given its back to block setup. Plus with the hotpatch setup even if its got some initial balance issues it won't matter much in the long run since it has the framework to be patched out quickly and painlessly in such a manner that everyone will know exactly when and what is taken out.

If anything I think it will be a bigger hit than MK9 in the long run given its license's power and just how many more FGC guys it appeals to than MK9 did initially. NRS is only getting better after all.

tazzmission

Banned
Im really confident it will be a success. Its got a ton of content for casuals and more meat than MK9 geared to FGC dudes what with the training options and frame data and especially given its back to block setup. Plus with the hotpatch setup even if its got some initial balance issues it won't matter much in the long run since it has the framework to be patched out quickly and painlessly in such a manner that everyone will know exactly when and what is taken out.

If anything I think it will be a bigger hit than MK9 in the long run given its license's power and just how many more FGC guys it appeals to than MK9 did initially. NRS is only getting better after all.
nicley put