What's new

General/Other - Leatherface Hotfix Suggestions (post-patch 10-4-16)

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Ok. I was being nice, to everyone who was posting about the F1 whiffing issues, but THE FUCKING BUCK STOPS HERE!

You have 12, 22, F3 & S3 for strings & normals to be use for PL chainsaws. Yes upsaw does whiff on female, but GUESS WHAT?!?! You got straight saw that can be use in a blockstring & it doesn't whiff & its safe, so no punishes for your opponent.

NEXT! Lets talk about Pretty Lady zoning. That shit is godlike! I'm open to any argument against it. You having trouble with Kitana zoning you out? Get da fuck outta here.

Like I honestly can't understand how people so stuck on this one DAMN normal, like it just completely kills him or something. Do people read the guides that was made for the character as a whole.

Forreal, what needs to be done to clean this forum up? Because I'll fucking do it, if it means we leatherface players don't have go through this mess to find something useful.

Tl;dr If you got time to make threads, you got time to play this damn game.

You have 12, 22, F3 & S3 for strings & normals to be use for PL...
F1 is simply his fastest normal and in a game that is fast paced like MKXL, its extremely important. S2, whiffs similar to f1, so we have his best 2 normals that whiff some crouch blocking opponents. I don't understand how these moves can hit Kotal, but not Scorpion and Takeda. If it was a female hit box issue, I understand, but it whiffs on some males. There's clearly an error there that needs to be fixed. I don't get why some LF players would dismiss this issue.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
F1 is simply his fastest normal and in a game that is fast paced like MKXL, its extremely important. S2, whiffs similar to f1, so we have his best 2 normals that whiff some crouch blocking opponents. I don't understand how these moves can hit Kotal, but not Scorpion and Takeda. If it was a female hit box issue, I understand, but it whiffs on some males. There's clearly an error there that needs to be fixed. I don't get why some LF players would dismiss this issue.
No one is dismissing this issue ( go look at the other threads about the whiff issue guess who you'll find talking about it, me ).

It just, as far as I can see, it has taking the Leatherface forum completely. No one is posting videos, no one is talkling about MUs. Its like what are you guys doing?

And another. Who in there right mind would only do S2, when you can do 22 & be +2. You know its a High, Mid right?

And another. Who in there right mind would only do S2, when you can do 22 & be +2. You know its a High, Mid right?
In order to do 2,2, u do know u have to press s2, right? So if s2 whiffs, it allows some characters to poke before the second hit. It should connect more consistently, not just on some characters. What good is a +2 move if they are poking out before the second hit? If Leatherface had better normals it would force players to respect him, but because his best normals are highs, players mash d2 or d1 to prevent him from getting anything started in the pocket.

TommyKing5

But the saw... the saw is family
No one is dismissing this issue ( go look at the other threads about the whiff issue guess who you'll find talking about it, me ).

It just, as far as I can see, it has taking the Leatherface forum completely. No one is posting videos, no one is talkling about MUs. Its like what are you guys doing?

You're exactly right. Everything here is talking about the problems, but not a lot about the solution to the problems. I've been labbing him extensively and trying to find new tech (Killer specifically, but branching to the other variants as well). To be honest I think Leatherface as a whole can compete with everyone right now and am happy with him. Might start recording some sets to give a bit more positivity to this area of TYM.

In order to do 2,2, u do know u have to press s2, right? So if s2 whiffs, it allows some characters to poke before the second hit. It should connect more consistently, not just on some characters. What good is a +2 move if they are poking out before the second hit? If Leatherface had better normals it would force players to respect him, but because his best normals are highs, players mash d2 or d1 to prevent him from getting anything started in the pocket.
The hit advantage of d1 or d3 guarantee him a S1, S2 or a F1. If you're playing Killer just d3 xx berserker 1 to catch counter-pokes and when they start respecting that, use the high attacks.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
OK! Look like this Leatherface Elder God has yet to speak! (This doesn't speak on my skill in the game, it speaks on my knowledge on this character) F1 whiffing on crouch block feels really bad. If they changed that, I'd be down. HOWEVER! You are relying way too much on this normal if you are being effected by this much. Should this be the normal you use for the most part? Yes, it's a sort of "One Button, All Purpose" sort of button. It's your whiff punish, it's your normal punisher, it's your main pressure tool when running it. It catches back dashes, the full screen can catch back jumps. The button does a lot and do not think by any means that I'm saying to use it sparingly. However you need to know when it appropriate to use it. If they are low poking you every time. Stop. Using. F1. D3 is one of the best pokes IN THE WHOLE GAME. Use it please. S3 is a button more people need to use, it's a 12f mid and while it has its issues (please NRS fix this button) 22 is a fantastic string to stagger and mixup your opponent (it might whiff on crouch blocking opponents but don't worry, I have your salvation) If you're playing Butcher, you have buttons to hit your opponent with at that range and therefore should be absurdly close to your opponent. HOWEVER! If you are in their face as Killer or PL (ESPECIALLY PL) you're playing the character wrong. Just look at your buttons and strings and realize he space you control. You only get in on them when they start getting scared of you. Otherwise, you want to be at the range of you D4 most of the game. STOP HINGING ON F1. It is a strength of our character but it is not the whole of our character. Never has, never will be.

The hit advantage of d1 or d3 guarantee him a S1, S2 or a F1. If you're playing Killer just d3 xx berserker 1 to catch counter-pokes and when they start respecting that, use the high attacks.
My only issue is f1 whiffing on some crouch blocking opponents. I'm okay with everything else besides that. Im aware of his hit advantage and all that, I just don't like that it whiffs on some male characters and not connect on all of them.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
In order to do 2,2, u do know u have to press s2, right? So if s2 whiffs, it allows some characters to poke before the second hit.
Time it so it hits meaty, stop your pressure so you can block there poke to continue your pressure, there are always solution(s) to a problem...

You're exactly right. Everything here is talking about the problems, but not a lot about the solution to the problems. I've been labbing him extensively and trying to find new tech (Killer specifically, but branching to the other variants as well). To be honest I think Leatherface as a whole can compete with everyone right now and am happy with him. Might start recording some sets to give a bit more positivity to this area of TYM.
Please do bro, we do need the positive energy in this forum.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
I'll post some game play too to show how I deal with some of these match ups. Also, I guess I could use 2,2 quicker now that it blows up armor lauchers on wake up.
And I appreciate that bro like I'm not mad or angry at you its just very annoying to see all this negativity. If any of you guys got any MUs problems, don't hesitate to tag me in a thread or PM me I'm always active on test your might.

CrazyFingers

And I appreciate that bro like I'm not mad or angry at you its just very annoying to see all this negativity. If any of you guys got any MUs problems, don't hesitate to tag me in a thread or PM me I'm always active on test your might.
Same for me, any questions on Butcher you can come to me for sure, but if it's Pretty Lady, SHAOLIN is your man.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Im messing a lot with Butcher lately and althou i thought they gonna give him something in the last patch i still find him super fun to play.

CrazyFingers

Im messing a lot with Butcher lately and althou i thought they gonna give him something in the last patch i still find him super fun to play.
Super fun to play and actually pretty damn good right now. Just legit play someone else in the zoning matchups as he is a sitting duck in those.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
A man just ate his meal, and now we assume that he's poisoned by now? We'll have to wait till we see if the poison works on him or not.

The same is applied for this thread. Just give it some time to lab everything, son.