What's new

General/Other - Leatherface Hotfix Suggestions (post-patch 10-4-16)

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
It's horrendous.

He needs a quick forward reaching mid.
It's actually not THAT bad. If you're outside the range of S3, other normals will do. It's 12f which is pretty damn fast. The problem is when canceled into BD4 it adds extra gravity to the combo and S3 into up saw whiffs on every character. And it's all because of the fucking hit stun animation they gave to it *smh*

gibster13

A fan of fans
It's actually not THAT bad. If you're outside the range of S3, other normals will do. It's 12f which is pretty damn fast. The problem is when canceled into BD4 it adds extra gravity to the combo and S3 into up saw whiffs on every character. And it's all because of the fucking hit stun animation they gave to it *smh*
True but I would prefer f1 being a mid but slowed down.

His general frame data is trash

CrazyFingers

True but I would prefer f1 being a mid but slowed down.

His general frame data is trash
His frame data isn't that bad it's just awkward. Like why is BS2 -1 on hit? Most of his strings are negative and need to be canceled into certain moves. This is fine. Sub Zero had trash block frames but now they are made consistent with Shatter. He has good speed normals but D4 being only +6 on hit is real dumb.

gibster13

A fan of fans
@gibster13

Would you call Leatherface an unplayable char without a mid?
Honestly, yes.

Pretty lady is horrendous and it seems nrs ignored it completely. He should perhaps get a variation normal or something. Most of his strings are useless.
-d4 being -16 and only +6
-27f overheads
-almost everything is unsafe

No matter what tier character, we would often see the odd goro or Jason when they were bottom tier but never ever leatherface, not to mention pretty lady.

Killer is alright because it gains midsaw

Butcher I'm not too sure about.

CrazyFingers

Honestly, yes.

Pretty lady is horrendous and it seems nrs ignored it completely. He should perhaps get a variation normal or something. Most of his strings are useless.
-d4 being -16 and only +6
-27f overheads
-almost everything is unsafe

No matter what tier character, we would often see the odd goro or Jason when they were bottom tier but never ever leatherface, not to mention pretty lady.

Killer is alright because it gains midsaw

Butcher I'm not too sure about.
Everything isn't unsafe when you cancel into the variation's respective "make it safe" move. Having a 27f overhead on a pure zoner doesn't mean anything (B2 is a better overhead for the character anyway.) and the reason we never see LF is because everyone hates him for not being an MK character. All the variations are pretty damn good and you just have to play them right.

gibster13

A fan of fans
Everything isn't unsafe when you cancel into the variation's respective "make it safe" move. Having a 27f overhead on a pure zoner doesn't mean anything (B2 is a better overhead for the character anyway.) and the reason we never see LF is because everyone hates him for not being an MK character. All the variations are pretty damn good and you just have to play them right.
what about everyone using alien,pred,jason?
b2 isn't bad
pretty lady can't make anything safe unless upsaw (which only hits on males).

There is no argument that in any way can say, leatherface is tournament viable in his current state

CrazyFingers

what about everyone using alien,pred,jason?
b2 isn't bad
pretty lady can't make anything safe unless upsaw (which only hits on males).

There is no argument that in any way can say, leatherface is tournament viable in his current state
Straight saw is safe, he's viable, I disagree with you.

CrazyFingers

What PL tournament players? I don't think I've ever seen one... not even in top 32... or even 64.
Right but that's not even a good representation of the character because no one likes him. His underrepresentation in tournament isn't based on his strength it's because he's just not popular enough.

gibster13

A fan of fans
Right but that's not even a good representation of the character because no one likes him. His underrepresentation in tournament isn't based on his strength it's because he's just not popular enough.
People love tremor, but he was dropped when he went down the tiers by everyone. Goro and Bo were and are both better than lf, thats why they were choose.

The only game I have seen was a pretty lady mirror as a joke by cowboy and sonicfox

CrazyFingers

People love tremor, but he was dropped when he went down the tiers by everyone. Goro and Bo were and are both better than lf, thats why they were choose.

The only game I have seen was a pretty lady mirror as a joke by cowboy and sonicfox
You know what's funny is that when people dropped Tremor, he was still absurdly good. That was an example of people overreacting to nerfs. Demo Sonya was in the state she was in for a large part of the game's life and NO ONE played her till scar showed the dirt. Character fly under the radar all the time. Am I saying PL is Demo OP? no but PL got nothing but love in the patch and that has helped him tremendously.

And I appreciate that bro like I'm not mad or angry at you its just very annoying to see all this negativity. If any of you guys got any MUs problems, don't hesitate to tag me in a thread or PM me I'm always active on test your might.
why do you type in that font, its so hard to read

gibster13

A fan of fans
You know what's funny is that when people dropped Tremor, he was still absurdly good. That was an example of people overreacting to nerfs. Demo Sonya was in the state she was in for a large part of the game's life and NO ONE played her till scar showed the dirt. Character fly under the radar all the time. Am I saying PL is Demo OP? no but PL got nothing but love in the patch and that has helped him tremendously.
There is a huge difference

Pretty lady doesn't have any hidden dirt.

CrazyFingers

His zoning is strong ngl but it doesn't surpass the fact he is dogshite
So what exactly about him is dogshite? You can't say his frames because he has straight saw. His lack of mids only matters when he's in your face which you shouldn't be in their face as PL. His backdash I will admit is trash, that's always been a problem. His jump normals get the job done (tho you shouldn't he jumping in on people too much) he has fantastic zoning and decent armor close up to get you off of him. So what is the problem?