What's new

General/Other - Leatherface Hotfix Suggestions (post-patch 10-4-16)

What are some things you guys feel need to change immediately for Leatherface since the release of the new patch?

I personally think Leatherface's f1, needs to connect on ALL crouch blocking characters, especially Kitana who is a little too strong for Leatherface as it is. She has great frames, space control, she's safe on a lot of her moves, she does insane damage, and she can now jail, apparently. With f1 whiffing when she crouch blocks doesn't help LF in the slightest. I do not like the idea that I have to d3 into psycho rush cancel just to get the respect that he deserves because it's extremely unsafe. F1 should connect on ALL crouch blocking opponents. It whiffs on Scorpion and Takeda too, so its not just female characters. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Yeah, patch has only been out for a day, but is it really wrong or too early to say that a 40% blockstring needs to be removed? That a double armored safe on block halfscreen move is too much?
40% blockstring?

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
AND LOL with all the dirt i have found this guys want Kitana Nerfed. maybe it will all be stealth nerfed before everyone finds it :)

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
What are some things you guys feel need to change immediately since the release of the new patch?

I personally think Kitana is a little too strong. She has great frames, space control, she's safe on a lot of her moves, she does insane damage, and she can now jail. I think if her damage was decreased, it would balance her out more. With 50/50s rightfully being removed from the game, it makes it harder to open her up. With that said, I think there should be a bigger window to punish her on her special moves in order to give characters a chance to make up for all the damage they've taken. What do you guys think?
I think Leatherface could use more normals and less about the whole "charge in with a chainsaw" thing.

TommyKing5

But the saw... the saw is family
lol dude. Leatherface is fine. His worst match-ups got 'normalised' to create an even playing field for him. He doesn't need any buffs. He has hurt box issues in Pretty Lady but I doubt they'll be fixed.

lol dude. Leatherface is fine. His worst match-ups got 'normalised' to create an even playing field for him. He doesn't need any buffs. He has hurt box issues in Pretty Lady but I doubt they'll be fixed.
Not just that, his f1 whiffs on some crouch blocking opponents. But LF struggles in this match up. He gets zoned out easily and can't really punish kitana. He has to make hard reads and conditioning to beat her... that's tough.

TommyKing5

But the saw... the saw is family
Not just that, his f1 whiffs on some crouch blocking opponents. But LF struggles in this match up. He gets zoned out easily and can't really punish kitana. He has to make hard reads and conditioning to beat her... that's tough.
It's a high & not all high normals are guaranteed to hit crouch blocking opponents. While I won't deny the match-up is rough, it isn't as bad as you think. Kitana's air mobility is more of an issue for Leatherface than the zoning IMO.

It's a high & not all high normals are guaranteed to hit crouch blocking opponents. While I won't deny the match-up is rough, it isn't as bad as you think. Kitana's air mobility is more of an issue for Leatherface than the zoning IMO.
That move needs to be guaranteed for LF. He already struggles with his normals, they could at least guarantee f1 to connect on ALL crouch blocking characters. You do realize that if Kitana decided to straight zone and do it properly, she could give LF major problems because she builds meter quickly and could just break if she gets caught and repeat the process until she catches him. That's a bad MU.

There's this variation call Pretty Lady, you should use him. He's has pretty soild zoning.
My main issue is f1 not connecting on crouch blocking opponents. Im as close as I could possibly get and it whiffs. The same issue, if not more is with PL. PL actually does whiff more against female characters. This needs to change as it effects all 3 LF variations.