What's new

General/Other - Leatherface Hotfix Suggestions (post-patch 10-4-16)

TommyKing5

But the saw... the saw is family
I do vaguely remember SonicFox and WoundCowboy having a Pretty Lady mirror during one week of the third season of ESL. But I think that was more for 'fun' rather than serious play.

Pretty Lady is basic, no denying that. He has some hurtbox issues that wouldn't hurt to be fixed. But I do not think he's 'dogshite'. His zoning, IMO is number 3 in the game. If Leatherface as a whole had slow pokes, the need for a good mid would be much stronger.

I do agree his D4 is awful but who needs that when his b4 has the same range and has godlike hit advantage.

I can see where you're coming from about these problems, but I don't think they are as bad as people think.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
All I'm gonna say is that Kombat Network finally uploaded The Fall Classic tournament & casuals for MKX this morning.

If you want to look for it go head & look for my tag, if not I'll post it when I get off work.

gibster13

A fan of fans
So what exactly about him is dogshite? You can't say his frames because he has straight saw. His lack of mids only matters when he's in your face which you shouldn't be in their face as PL. His backdash I will admit is trash, that's always been a problem. His jump normals get the job done (tho you shouldn't he jumping in on people too much) he has fantastic zoning and decent armor close up to get you off of him. So what is the problem?
Him in general is what is wrong.

-Straight saw is -8 not a fan
-Yes the lack of mids shouldn't be a problem but it's mkx, it is near impossible to keep someone out all game even post patch.
-Backdash is wank
-Everything is unsafe but upsaw -4
-D4' are a huge part of mk and his is awful being only +6, when there are d4' that are +17
-On average it takes about 3 saws to get someone in, it isn't that good

On paper he shouldn't be bad but he is

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Was going to ignore this at first but this needs to be addressed for misinformation for any new players that wants to try & use Pretty Lady or Leatherface in general. . .

Straight saw is -8 not a fa
If I'm reading this right you're mean you're saying that you're not a fan of straight saw even though it is not punishable?

Yes the lack of mids shouldn't be a problem but it's mkx, it is near impossible to keep someone out all game even post patch
That's a universal problem, not just a Leatherface problem...

Backdash is wank
On wake-up & in the corner? Yes. In neutral? No.

Everything is unsafe but upsaw -4
You should have gone more in detail, because : (2), (2,2), (2,2,u2), (b1,2), (f1) & anything cancel in upsaw or straight saw is safe.

D4' are a huge part of mk and his is awful being only +6, when there are d4' that are +17
First let me address that d4 is cancelable & we have one of the best d1 and d3 in the game.

Now if you have a rebuttal by all means go ahead.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Was going to ignore this at first but this needs to be addressed for misinformation for any new players that wants to try & use Pretty Lady or Leatherface in general. . .

If I'm reading this right you're mean you're saying that you're not a fan of straight saw even though it is not punishable?

That's a universal problem, not just a Leatherface problem...

On wake-up & in the corner? Yes. In neutral? No.

You should have gone more in detail, because : (2), (2,2), (2,2,u2), (b1,2), (f1) & anything cancel in upsaw or straight saw is safe.

First let me address that d4 is cancelable & we have one of the best d1 and d3 in the game.

Now if you have a rebuttal by all means go ahead.
Shaolin the god.