What's new

Homelander General Discussion

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
He is worth playing for his policy stand alone "I'm Homelander and I can do whatever the f*ck I want".
yep , Homelander is top notch regarding being the greater trash talker ever , so, cannot wait for him to come up ...... his dialogue with Peacemaker has potential to be ultra provocative also too, hehe :p :D

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
I feel this was like the Sarah Michelle Gellar situation. Call of Duty set a certain precedent for him as he voiced Homelander in Warzone, he set a price and Netherrealm weren’t able to afford him. Kinda shitty though especially since they secured his likeness..
I CALLED IT!

EDIT:

Last edited:
Possible that the contract could have used his voice likeness forever, similar to the Quan face actor and he passed on it. Pure speculation on my part.

Just to throw this out there, this technically could be him trolling and being purposely vague. As in, “that ship flew” meaning he already did the VA for it awhile ago. I mean, it’d be right on par with Boon level trolling so just keep that in mind!
:joker:
Ships dont fly, they sail. That Ship Sailed is the idiom, maybe this wording was intentional, to troll.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
I CALLED IT!

View attachment 21270

EDIT:

He didn't take it because they didn't offer him 10 times more the amount he was paid for CoD? what?

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
It's strange how they were able to afford Simmons, Megan Fox and John Cena, but not Anthony Starr. CoD must have been paying him very well, or the other aforementioned actors got paid very little by NRS

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Greedy capitalism overdone mindset over here, that for sure ..... WB being cheap bastards as always and refusing to pay what Anthony asked for, so, trying to offer him banana price for VA work ..... :mad:

So, I see Homelander selling good, but, would be much much much better sales numbers if the DLC character could come with Anthony Starr doing the voice, so, I think Peacemaker indeed will take the place as the most cool guest character, because John Cena was able to do his VA and this will bring so much personality for the character in MK1, and is a pure dream fan service already ! :laughing:

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
It's strange how they were able to afford Simmons, Megan Fox and John Cena, but not Anthony Starr. CoD must have been paying him very well, or the other aforementioned actors got paid very little by NRS
If it's true that Activision generally pay to celebrities is 25% of their bundle (I don't even know how people got this number) so it would depend on how many people bought The Homelander bundle (which I couldn't find the data for).

Let's see if my math is correct:
Last month the Call of Duty Twitter account said the game reached over 25 million players in just five days
Lets say 1% of that (250k) bought the $20 bundle, that's $50m & 25% of that is $1.25m that go to Antony Starr & licencing fees.

There's several videos that exaggerate the numbers of players & the percentage of players who'd buy the bundle (when it came to Nicki Minaj & Snoop Dogg) but I feel this is more realistic than linked videos say.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
No, they didn't offer him a tenth of what he got for COD.
So if CoD gave Antony $10,000 (fake numbers), NRS offered him $900
Oh, that's not at all what the post said. It said they offered him less than ten times what CoD offered him. Which would mean he was upset he wasn't offered 10x$10,000 (fake numbers I know).

"NRS offered him less than ten times what he received for Call of Duty".
I assume whoever wrote it just isn't especially literate and meant: "NRS offered him ten times less than what he received for Call of Duty".

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
Oh, that's not at all what the post said. It said they offered him less than ten times what CoD offered him. Which would mean he was upset he wasn't offered 10x$10,000 (fake numbers I know).

"NRS offered him less than ten times what he received for Call of Duty".
I assume whoever wrote it just isn't especially literate and meant: "NRS offered him ten times less than what he received for Call of Duty".
My guess it was mistranslated as Portuguese is probably his first language. I wouldn't doubt it being true through.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
If the man doesn't like the pay, it is what it is good for him but interesting to me that they got JK Simmons and John Cena.

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
If the man doesn't like the pay, it is what it is good for him but interesting to me that they got JK Simmons and John Cena.
The difference is JK Simmons is also an accomplished voice actor has done dozens of voice roles, some small like the Yellow M&M for the past 30 years to Nolan Grayson/Omni-Man in Invincible. When it comes to John Cena, that dude is one of the least selfish people on the planet (holds the record most for wishes granted through the Make-A-Wish foundation with 650) so I get the feeling he probably wants to support his fans regardless of what the pay is & I also think he's the type of dude who is so passionate about playing Peacemaker. Megan Fox, not a big star - only popular on tabloids & New Girl for the last 5 years.

Antony Starr I don't really understand the fuss. He supposedly gets paid $400k per episode of The Boys. Besides The Boys & Banshee, I wouldn't know who the fuck the dude is & I think it's the same for 95% of the people who know who he is. I think he's just looking for a massive payday like he got for Call of Duty but it doesn't excuse the fact that WB/NRS are cheapskates too.

Is the juice worth the squeeze? Do you pay a dude who's not that big of a name the money he wants & hope it pays off? Or find a dude who sounds like him, fans of his might boycott or not buy the game, lose money & Homelander becomes one of the worst selling characters because you fucked the whole thing up?