What's new

HMK #22 w/ ENDeverMORE, Phosferrax, Mustard & Ketchup

st9rm

viennality.com
great listen as always :)
especially the rivalry topic was alot of fun!

regarding underrated chars:
watch out for @Jupe's Kano from Finland.
he will body alot of people with all of. Kano's variations and will participate in future tourneys!

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
great listen as always :)
especially the rivalry topic was alot of fun!

regarding underrated chars:
watch out for @Jupe's Kano from Finland.
he will body alot of people with all of. Kano's variations and will participate in future tourneys!
I wish I didn't have a such a hatred for Kano because I want to play Commando due to sheer badassery.

But it's still Kano...:(

st9rm

viennality.com
I wish I didn't have a such a hatred for Kano because I want to play Commando due to sheer badassery.

But it's still Kano...:(
i dislike kano as well, but he is a badass
and he's really good in this game imo

you should check him out man!

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
I had forgotten about the liu kang healing video, thanks for reminding me. Cried laughing the first time I saw it

@PND_Mustard i believe was talking, i just want to clarify something. YOMI does not have shinnok in S tier/ top 5 because of cowboy beating king. Even b4 that match happened we thought he was still one of the best characters overall. Also when placing him, it is assumed he is using the best variation for each matchup (so all variations included when placing him). Bone shaper getting nerfed reminds me of when tanya was nerfed after CEO, still a really good character but just changed in a way where they can't abuse their good tools as well. I think ppl take some nerfs too seriously and believe a character is way worse because of it. Like when tanya got nerfed after CEO, some were debating if she was even top 10 anymore lol which is blasphemous.

Last edited:

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
I listened to the whole podcast, excellent stuff fellas. Makes me want to fly across the pond, grab a pint in the pub with you guys and talk about MK, that would be ultra godlike

in all seriousness, my company opened a london office, so I may come out there at some point and we can get some games in :D

Tweedy

Noob
0/10 because one of the brothers said that Texas Chainsaw 3D isn't a bad film.

10/10 if you subtract that. Good stuff.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
@PND_Mustard i believe was talking, i just want to clarify something. YOMI does not have shinnok in S tier/ top 5 because of cowboy beating king. Even b4 that match happened we thought he was still one of the best characters overall. Also when placing him, it is assumed he is using the best variation for each matchup (so all variations included when placing him). Bone shaper getting nerfed reminds me of when tanya was nerfed after CEO, still a really good character but just changed in a way where they can't abuse their good tools as well. I think ppl take some nerfs too seriously and believe a character is way worse because of it. Like when tanya got nerfed after CEO, some were debating if she was even top 10 anymore lol which is blasphemous.
Fair enough, apologies for my confusion. It just seemed a like coincidental timing that a Yomi tier list went up the day after the exhibition with Shinnok being right up there, above Predator as well back when this was still nerfed Shinnok/barely changed HQT.

However I do stand by my statement that people still don't fight BS correctly most of the time, I believe he is still a very strong character but people still give him options that he no longer has, then they still judge the character as if he still has those options.

Fair enough, apologies for my confusion. It just seemed a like coincidental timing that a Yomi tier list went up the day after the exhibition with Shinnok being right up there, above Predator as well back when this was still nerfed Shinnok/barely changed HQT.

However I do stand by my statement that people still don't fight BS correctly most of the time, I believe he is still a very strong character but people still give him options that he no longer has, then they still judge the character as if he still has those options.
I say for sure top 10 for Shinnok when including all his variations. One big reason for that is d4 hellsparks still jails (no one else has something like that where a poke to a projectile jails). That and his pokes/ 7f low are still ridiculously good. With the team of imposter and bone shaper, he is very well off imo at least.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
I say for sure top 10 for Shinnok when including all his variations. One big reason for that is d4 hellsparks still jails (no one else has something like that where a poke to a projectile jails). That and his pokes/ 7f low are still ridiculously good. With the team of imposter and bone shaper, he is very well off imo at least.
Yeah that's what I mean, he's top 10 no question but I see people claim he's top 3 due to things he can't do anymore.

Yeah that's what I mean, he's top 10 no question but I see people claim he's top 3 due to things he can't do anymore.
I can respect that. Some still havent adjusted to how he has been changed and that will definitely affect what they think about him tier wise and what not. Well now that is cleared up, good luck tmrw on your commentary (i always enjoy it).

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
That intro is so British my monocle is tearing up...

Funny you should mention about Gabe being number 1 on the ESL top 5 plays because he did end up being number 1 lol.

Sonicfox used Piercing against Beyond Toxin's Ermac? I guess he watches the Glasgow local then ;)

Rocket (our local Inferno/Hellfire) caught everyone at our local with tele cancel, ex tele. It's a thing.

You blasphemers, Khrome is the best thing in the entirety of the MK universe and you will show your master some damn respect. Come the April Fools tower I will gladly wear the Khrome playercard background for the rest of the game's life just to spite you non-believers.

Not sure where you guys are seeing people say Cybernetic is the best variation, from anywhere I've seen pretty much everyone recognised Cutthroat as his best besides a select few. But yeah Cutthroat is definitely best tools-wise. Matchup-wise Phos is right, 99% of the time it's usually "Cutthroat or Cyber?".
Phos we went over the reasoning behind picking Commando for Tempest. It's so that if Tempest gets in at you at starts trying to pressure you you have great options for getting out that require less meter on average than what Cutthroat or Cyber would spend getting out. Also Tempest doesn't have 50/50s so your parry game is a lot easier to think about since most of the time you'll only need the high parry. Cutthroat is a good option too but you really need to find a way to knock him down first and it isn't easy.

You guys laugh at the Kano players' opinions on ex buff but the laughable thing is that you're completely missing their point. This is why communities end up arguing man :( EX buff is a waste of meter because it doesn't give you anything worthwhile in return that you don't already get from normal buff, not because you lose 10% in exchange for the damage. Pre-patch you were spending the bar of meter so that you didn't have to deal with the DoT, now one of the only reasons you have to use ex buff is that you're too lazy to hit confirm. The other is using the armour to flash parry. Yes you can cancel into it from B121 on block and be plus enough to go for another mixup but one blockstring doesn't warrant the use of the bar imo, especially when said string is already neutral on block as it is. It's just better to do a combo then buff up normally, you're still taking the DoT and you'll still get the damage output but you're not wasting a bar so that can be kept for DB1EX or armour/breaker.

All I have to say about KP2 is (skip to 2:25)