What's new

HMK #22 w/ ENDeverMORE, Phosferrax, Mustard & Ketchup

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
We have a solid two weeks of ESL to catch up as well cover the Kouncil's very own Gab "The Hollywood" Standard making his first top 8 appearence and putting on a show with his Mileena. ENDeverMORE makes his first showing in what feels like forever to discuss this weeks topics along with the ESL commentary kings Mustard and Ketchup. And of course Judge Dredd a.k.a. Phosferrax is in attendence too. Special shout outs to him for creating our new intro :D Hope everyone enjoys. Usual stuff is below:

MP3 Version Topics:
Start: - ESL Week 5 (can discuss week 4)
40:00 - Is the wake up system all people were hoping for? Regarding properties for EX vs regular compared to past NRS games.
51:00 - Characters destined to never get respect.
1:10:00 - Is Shinnok a notch above the rest?
1:25:00 - What characters you feel should be represented more at high level? Or ones that turned out to be really good despite early impressions.
1:43:00 - KP2 Thoughts.
1:58:00 - Which MK9 veterans are yet to adjust to MKX and why?

Attachments

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Where do I get one of these jobs? lol
lol, having your own office (with ability to close the door and surf the internet) kicks ass. I am a professional time waster, which is why I post here so much even though I often bill 200+ hours a month

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Where do I get one of these jobs? lol

haha yeah where i work now i run a uv printer , lamitator, and zund cutter- so i spend a lot of time queuing jobs on the computer before i do the manual labor work . its a lot of work, but lucky for me - when i job pages for the machines, i have to send files that are like 6-10 gbs each. while the files transfer, im pretty free to roam the web. plus we can were headphones here as long as we do our job.. :)

xZoro

War God.
Ill give it a listen on teh way to my girlfriends in the morning. Good looking topics i must say.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Nail in the head with the Twins on the last topic

I'm beating people who use to destroy me in MK9 because I only started understanding fundementals near the end of its life

And I know these fuckers are kicking and repeating to themselves that "they are the better player, because I'm using scrub tactics in a scrubby game" I know this because I ask them what to do they think of the game they say "it's good" then when I win "it's a terrible game that rewards you on luck" lol

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
once again good stuff guys. covered said topics very well. .. plus if BRC has a super vulgar fart laced variation im completely pointing the finger @ Ketchup .

\

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Good discussion as always guys.

As much as I was happy to see Gabe make top 8 and make waves there, one thing that really made me happy for him was that he took out a bunch of good players along the way, most notably, Mitsuownes, I say this because I believe this was his first win against a Scorpion in a competitive capacity having been previously hampered by JTB's Hellfire, Hollow's Inferno and my Ninjutsu.

I also prefer the wake-up system in this game as I think it brings the game closer towards an equal playing ground and gives NRS more flexibility to envision certain moves without worrying how stupid they would be on wake-up.

I'm surprised Erron Black wasn't mentioned in characters never destined to get respect....

There are a lot of bills sold about Shinnok, but it does work both ways, as it happens I may have something interesting to hell about the current Hellspark MB metagame but it's still a WIP I'm looking into... As far his mixup post-mimicry go, I don't think people mean the overhead is reactable per se, but where his other options are so fast, you come to realize if you havent been tagged by them yet, the only threat left IS the overhead.... I would dare say the situation would actually be more intimidating if he had a SLOWER low to work with.

I'm gonna play devil's advocate and say I wanna see someone take the plunge with Spectral Ermac. Ermac players talked a big game about MOS being ruined by the removal of OSs, when Spectral is much safer anyway. Don't like the execution barrier? Put up or shut up.

And anyone who dares to "talk shit" about Bo' Rai Cho... let me just say... be careful what you wish for... if you get my drift.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Good discussion as always guys.

As much as I was happy to see Gabe make top 8 and make waves there, one thing that really made me happy for him was that he took out a bunch of good players along the way, most notably, Mitsuownes, I say this because I believe this was his first win against a Scorpion in a competitive capacity having been previously hampered by JTB's Hellfire, Hollow's Inferno and my Ninjutsu.

I also prefer the wake-up system in this game as I think it brings the game closer towards an equal playing ground and gives NRS more flexibility to envision certain moves without worrying how stupid they would be on wake-up.

I'm surprised Erron Black wasn't mentioned in characters never destined to get respect....

There are a lot of bills sold about Shinnok, but it does work both ways, as it happens I may have something interesting to hell about the current Hellspark MB metagame but it's still a WIP I'm looking into... As far his mixup post-mimicry go, I don't think people mean the overhead is reactable per se, but where his other options are so fast, you come to realize if you havent been tagged by them yet, the only threat left IS the overhead.... I would dare say the situation would actually be more intimidating if he had a SLOWER low to work with.

I'm gonna play devil's advocate and say I wanna see someone take the plunge with Spectral Ermac. Ermac players talked a big game about MOS being ruined by the removal of OSs, when Spectral is much safer anyway. Don't like the execution barrier? Put up or shut up.

And anyone who dares to "talk shit" about Bo' Rai Cho... let me just say... be careful what you wish for... if you get my drift.
It wasn't my first win against a Scorpion in competition but it was probably the one that meant the most. ln the past I have been free to Mitsuownes in ranked and a prior ESL week so winning that match definitely helped my confidence.