What's new

General/Other - Dualist The Worst Move in MKX

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Under the pretense of 'video or it didn't happen', here is a poor-quality video of me dropping combos and inputs to the tune of some thoughts on Dualist's heal move.

I don't actually care if it's the worst move or not, it sucks regardless, and yes this is a shameless buff-request thread.

Key point:

The move doesn't heal fast enough for the commitment it requires; Kotal's heals him at about twice the rate yet he is able to move and attack freely whilst doing it, which doesn't make much sense.

It is fairly useless in a real match because you can't ever hold it long enough to get significant health back from it.

Suggested Improvements:

Increase the quantity of health each tick gives (currently at 0.03) to ~0.07 and 1% for successfully ending the animation without canceling it.
Add EX version that places the healing circle in a stationary position at Liu Kang's feet, allowing him to move freely once activated. These should heal at the rate the current regular version heals at, and it should not do damage to an opponent who steps inside.

If anyone has any other thoughts on balance changes to this move I'm all ears.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
I think these are some reasonable buffs, Dualist healing is one of the worst moves in the game indeed.
I would like the EX version move to recharge life much faster, the stationary circle idea looks too much like Kotal Khan sun ray imho.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I would say that I think it's just a badly designed move. Make it worth its while and theres no reason to end in anything bar heal instead of like the last 2-3% from that final hit. That being said, if there is a character that this is OK on, it'd Dualist, since he needs to Stance Switch to play (or at least he did last I played him, maybe he's changed since) meaning it's not always a thing. This move should be MUCH stronger.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
You have the thread tagged as Dragons Fire... Is that a click-bait tactic, an accident or does Dragons Fire actually have this move and I'm just unaware? :DOGE

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Oh shit did I miss the buffing?

Edit: Also I must fight your jacqui someday to determine what should be buffed:DOGE
I posted so many "Buff Cyborg" comments during the Injustice days that I dunno how it didn't become my TYM Handle. Yet he still ended up Bottom 2. :DOGE

Also yea I saw you posted you were from NYC (I think it was you). So am I. We gotta get up then!

Kingshootahz

Ain't nobody trilla than shootah.
Also yea I saw you posted you were from NYC (I think it was you). So am I. We gotta get up then![/QUOTE]

Yeah I am from N.Y.:eek:

I smell competition:DOGE

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Also yea I saw you posted you were from NYC (I think it was you). So am I. We gotta get up then!
Yeah I am from N.Y.:eek:

I smell competition:DOGE[/QUOTE]

Haha. Ima send you a PM tomorrow while watching my football. Nothing wrong with adding more competitors to level up with. It's only right Jacqui take out her pops by my hand. :cool:

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Whenever I need to pee, I wait for someone to block one of my flip kicks, then I know I have time to get up, pee, come back, sit down, adjust my seat, crick my neck and mentally prepare. All before it recovers.

It doesn't even LEAD to anything. I flip kicked Kung Lao the other day and lost two games of SFIV.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I don't see the point of comparing his heal to Kotal's, they are two completely different characters.

But yea It's garbage.