What's new

Match-up Discussion Hitbox Zod mu chart- Khaotic Armor

ARMOR

Khaos God
Premium Supporter
This weekend at wcw I had people question zod and what the mu with the specific character is. I played quite a few people in casuals and came to a conclusion that zod is more broke than people think. I feel like its mandatory for me to make a mu chart based on the way I play so here it is.

Aquaman 5-5(6-4 on stages with moving interactables)
Ares 7-3
Bane 6-4(Debateable)
Batgirl 5-5
Batman 6-4
Black Adam 7-3
Catwoman 6-4
Cyborg 7-3
Deathstroke 6-4
Doomsday 6-4
Flash 5-5
Green Arrow 7-3
Green Lantern 7-3
Harley Quinn 7-3
Hawkgirl 7-3
The Joker 7-3
Killer Frost 6-4
Lex Luthor 9-1
Lobo 5.5-4.5
Martian Manhunter 4-6
Nightwing 7-3
Raven 6-4
Scorpion 6-4
Shazam 7-3
Sinestro 5-5
Solomon Grundy 7-3
Superman 7-3
Wonder Woman 7-3
Zatanna 6-4
Zod 5-5

24 winning mu's

5 even mu's

1 losing mu

This is my opinion on zod's mu's the way I play them. Feel free to ask me questions and if you wanna play the mu for your specific character just let me know.
@AK Pig Of The Hut

Last edited:

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Not sure I agree with Superman, WW, Ares, and Harley Quinn all at 7-3. Though I think they are 6-4 and perhaps the case can be made for 7-3 on respawning drone stages. If superman is 7-3 shouldn't Black Adam be 8-2? (something I have been considering)

I also now am leaning to agree with Zod beating Bane 6-4, after playing Biohazard like a billion games at SJ. But it very easily could be even, since each player has a multitude of counter options.

IDK man..this could be some hard upplaying! :)

Yoaks

A spaceman
Agree on the Lobo number.

Fuzzy guarding trait mixups, pushblocking and mbb3/f3 are great universal ways to deal with it. Low Hook is also a great way to catch Zod sleeping and Lobo mbing it to waste trait time. Low Hook is just really good in this mu. Catching Zod's backdash and such.

Also Lobo with that "Catwoman like hitbox" when he dashes underneath Zod Balls.

Lobo's b1 does wonders on stuffing Zods wu's. 21 and 113 are good too, but only when the Zod player isn't waking up with Parry. Which is why b1 is good in oki in the mu.
lol. I stuffed @Relaxedstate wu fours times in a row with just b1! Hold that. :p

There still stuff I'm unfamiliar with the mu, but it's becoming one of my favorite mu's to play.

I could see this mu possibly be even down the road.

EDIT: Lobo's trait is also great dealing with Zod trying to iazb or to punish a Wraith cmd grab from midscreen.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Hmm Zod's definitely hard for Wonder Woman but I wouldn't say 7-3 hard, she can parry iazbs and if she gets in you're done...your trait helps you out here but you also generally use more meter so I'd go with 6-4. How did you come to Zod-BG being 5-5? I'd say it's BG advantage but I'd like to hear what you think.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
I'm not going to even say what I think of the Joker/Zod MU now to avoid a senseless debate with people that don't use the Joker or have played you using the Joker, especially after seeing how low your IAZBs are. But that shit is definitely beyond terrible. Its nearly unwinnable. I still can't get over how stunned I was at being jailed so hard I succumbed to the RQ, GGs lol

ARMOR

Khaos God
Premium Supporter
Hmm Zod's definitely hard for Wonder Woman but I wouldn't say 7-3 hard, she can parry iazbs and if she gets in you're done...your trait helps you out here but you also generally use more meter so I'd go with 6-4. How did you come to Zod-BG being 5-5? I'd say it's BG advantage but I'd like to hear what you think.
The reason i say 7-3 vs wonder woman is because usually when ahe does parry and I read it i'll use side arm which will punish her. Up close against her usually I tendto pushblock alot or make a read and parry b2. For the batgirl number I will stick with because if I make a good read, zod punishes her hard and vice versa for batgirl.

Vagrant

Noob
A "hitbox matchup chart"

...and I thought I'd seen it all.

TYM's obsession with matchup charts once again tells me to hold that shit.

Hitbox tier list incoming?
Maybe a hitbox stage tier list?
hitbox brownies?
hitbox cover of Stairway to Heaven?

Last edited:

ARMOR

Khaos God
Premium Supporter
Explain why Zod beats Raven please
I had to really think about this mu and the only reason i say zod would beat raven is due to the fact that zod can put an iazb(slow) and freely approach raven and she has to respect it with all of her anti zoning options. If raven trys to punish zod for coming in she will get popped up by the iazb which will allow me to use laser and freely pop my trait from full screen, then allowing me to pop trait and start putting interactables into play.

Last edited:

ARMOR

Khaos God
Premium Supporter
A "hitbox matchup chart"

...and I thought I'd seen it all.

TYM's obsession with matchup chart's once again tells me to hold that shit.

Hitbox tier list incoming?
Maybe a hitbox stage tier list?
hitbox brownies?
hitbox cover of Stairway to Heaven?
I simply made the list because there is 2 types of zod, hitbox zod is heavy zoning oriented while a normal zod players mainly rely on players to make a simple mistake to pop trait. With iazb taking up space on the screen i can always freely pop trait.

Vagrant

Noob
I simply made the list because there is 2 types of zod, hitbox zod is heavy zoning oriented while a normal zod players mainly rely on players to make a simple mistake to pop trait. With iazb taking up space on the screen i can always freely pop trait.
That's not how matchup charts work.
You don't take different types of the character, you take the optimal playstyle of the character in each matchup. You don't see rushdown/ zoning matchup charts with versatile SF characters. You just see matchup charts.

But in the past couple years TYM has taken matchup charts and turned them into something completely different. I'm not saying this is good or bad, it is what it is and I accept it. My comment was a lighthearted jab at the fact that I've never seen a "hitbox" matchup chart before.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
That's not how matchup charts work.
You don't take different types of the character, you take the optimal playstyle of the character in each matchup. You don't see rushdown/ zoning matchup charts with versatile SF characters. You just see matchup charts.

But in the past couple years TYM has taken matchup charts and turned them into something completely different. I'm not saying this is good or bad, it is what it is and I accept it. My comment was a lighthearted jab at the fact that I've never seen a "hitbox" matchup chart before.
I agree, it's like making an Escrima MU chart and a Staff MU chart, it's still the same character.

But nice MU chart anyhow, I agree with the NW number.

Dogorfat

Noob
This weekend at wcw I had people question zod and what the mu with the specific character is. I played quite a few people in casuals and came to a conclusion that zod is more broke than people think. I feel like its mandatory for me to make a mu chart based on the way I play so here it is.

Aquaman 5-5(6-4 on stages with moving interactables)
Ares 7-3
Bane 6-4(Debateable)
Batgirl 5-5
Batman 6-4
Black Adam 7-3
Catwoman 6-4
Cyborg 7-3
Deathstroke 6-4
Doomsday 6-4
Flash 5-5
Green Arrow 7-3
Green Lantern 7-3
Harley Quinn 7-3
Hawkgirl 7-3
The Joker 7-3
Killer Frost 6-4
Lex Luthor 9-1
Lobo 5.5-4.5
Martian Manhunter 4-6
Nightwing 7-3
Raven 6-4
Scorpion 6-4
Shazam 7-3
Sinestro 5-5
Solomon Grundy 7-3
Superman 7-3
Wonder Woman 7-3
Zatanna 6-4
Zod 5-5

24 winning mu's

5 even mu's

1 losing mu

This is my opinion on zod's mu's the way I play them. Feel free to ask me questions and if you wanna play the mu for your specific character just let me know.
@AK Pig Of The Hut
Naaaaaaaa using Zod and win then, if they think it is simple, they know nothing of Zod. Hitbox and their priorities are shit. without the trait, is nothing, I hate that speak ill of Zod,when they can not use u.U No me importa si entienden xD

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
This is a good mu chart. I believe the Sinestro-Zod is 6-4 in Sinestro's favor. Maybe 5-5 on maps with respawning interactables. This is one of the top 3 matchups I've played in volume with Pig, Dave, and RelaxedState to name a few. It is very much determined by the start of the match but I feel like once Sinestro gets trait, it's very hard for Zod to do anything even with Trait (I can just block high and react to movement with a trait shot).