What's new

Tech - Kung Jin Hey Guys, Kung Jin Can Stuff Wake-Up Armor. lolol

Pick him up, go to a major, place top 8.

Remember he's brain dead? Honestly, you probably have little to no information on his frame data or spacing.

What makes KJ broken as fuck and not D'Vorah? Cuz nobody is using her? She gets 40's easily one bar anywhere on the stage. And not like barely 40's...I'm talking 43-44%. Not to mention a full screen zoning tool that pops up for full combo in Swarm Queen lol or how about Quan with his full screen bs?

Before you start talking about "no respect to KJ players", use him and show everybody how easy he is to use.
Please show me where I said he was braindead. Ease of use and execution strictness probably isn't a good bench mark, since almost everyone commits everything to muscle memory over time anyway, So I digress.

I probably have no information about spacing or frame data? Cool assumption, but you're wrong.

I didn't say he was broken as fuck. I said he has everything a character could ask for. That's not the same thing as mechanically broken, so please, don't pretend I'm saying things I'm not.

I also said other characters have dirt. Sorry I didn't specifically call out Quan Chi and D'Vorah, didn't really think I had to. Those characters are included in the others that have dirt.

Kung Jin is already finishing top 8 in majors. It would be a much more favorable argument for you if anyt of the characters that are already irrelevant actually beat a good Kung Jin at a major.

Also, nobody gives a F whether or not I respect them. my opinion means literally nothing.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Please show me where I said he was braindead. Ease of use and execution strictness probably isn't a good bench mark, since almost everyone commits everything to muscle memory over time anyway, So I digress.

I probably have no information about spacing or frame data? Cool assumption, but you're wrong.

I didn't say he was broken as fuck. I said he has everything a character could ask for. That's not the same thing as mechanically broken, so please, don't pretend I'm saying things I'm not.

I also said other characters have dirt. Sorry I didn't specifically call out Quan Chi and D'Vorah, didn't really think I had to. Those characters are included in the others that have dirt.

Kung Jin is already finishing top 8 in majors. It would be a much more favorable argument for you if anyt of the characters that are already irrelevant actually beat a good Kung Jin at a major.

Also, nobody gives a F whether or not I respect them. my opinion means literally nothing.
Everybody's calling him brain dead. And sure, other character have dirt but are you on those forums? No. You're on KJ's

Everybody's calling him brain dead. And sure, other character have dirt but are you on those forums? No. You're on KJ's
Oh, so because "everybody is calling him braindead," that must mean that's what I'm saying even though it's clearly not? Got it.

I didn't realize that my opinions on Kung Jin were invalidated because I'm not posting in other completely unrelated forums that have nothing to do with this character in particular. I'll keep that in mind.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
After 20 minutes in the training room with [ban incoming] boy dick stick variation I went 25 - 5 against a thundergod raiden who has been playing TG since day 1. You were right about 11 jip btw. 111 can be poked under and it wiffs on crouched opponents.

People can keep pretending he's not good or not OP. Do other characters have dirt? sure. Kung Jin has everything a character could ever ask for. It's kinda ridiculous.

I love people that are all "huuuurrrr I playededed him on dai one and now I'm mad cuz other ppl play him only I'm allowed to!"

I don't want to play him.. But I want to win too, so keeping him in the back pocket is a good idea i suppose, but I have no respect for anyone who wins anything with him.
People can also keep pretending that they know who the best characters are 2 weeks in. There's so much undiscovered shit in this game yet everyone is so quick to want to nerf kj.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
People can also keep pretending that they know who the best characters are 2 weeks in. There's so much undiscovered shit in this game yet everyone is so quick to want to nerf kj.
Just a few threads over there's the "nerf Kano's B1" movement going on. If Kano's B1 was to get nerfed then I'd expect nothing less than Kung Jin being deleted from the disk.

you're obviously not going to be persuaded away from this stance no matter what. You can decide for yourself when you want to acknowledge that KJ is obviously FAR better than the majority of the other characters.

If I were NRS I would give KJ a safe teleport launcher and make his safe mixups and 50/50s into 40% meterless just to see if people would still try to pretend he isn't obviously top tier.

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
People think Kung Jin has so many tools to win, that one more just breaks the camels back. Mileena has this as well. The Mileena forums are full of people losing hope.
Like why would they make her over head like 30 something frames. It's crazy.

Scoot Magee

you're obviously not going to be persuaded away from this stance no matter what. You can decide for yourself when you want to acknowledge that KJ is obviously FAR better than the majority of the other characters.

If I were NRS I would give KJ a safe teleport launcher and make his safe mixups and 50/50s into 40% meterless just to see if people would still try to pretend he isn't obviously top tier.
So many characters, so many variations but only 2 weeks... New and better stuff is being discovered consistently. I'm not claiming he isn't good but people are blowing it out of proportion.

I think if we start calling kj complainers homophobes nrs might get all pc and be scared to nerf him lol. Gay rights bitches.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
The people I play against online using KJ want to dive kick the shit out of me, not realizing that his dive kick is so, so unsafe on block. You'd think they'd realize when I block and do a 30% punish 3 times in a row.

I mean Kung Jin is good, but c'mon. Some of these people are acting like he can't be beaten. And I guarantee they will scale his damage down, which will make him even less of a threat.

The people I play against online using KJ want to dive kick the shit out of me, not realizing that his dive kick is so, so unsafe on block. You'd think they'd realize when I block and do a 30% punish 3 times in a row.

I mean Kung Jin is good, but c'mon. Some of these people are acting like he can't be beaten. And I guarantee they will scale his damage down, which will make him even less of a threat.
You must play some retarded ass kung jins then. I get njp to death if im not careful into the easiest 40% of my life. If I try to get in the air with them, same problem. I try to close the space? Omg d2 covers like a fourth of midscreen. The poke I have to watch for because if I Fuck up at any point during or after the poke I catch a godlike ex armor spin that is near impossible to stuff to a easy ass 3 button 40%. But there are people that dive kick just because they saw someone kick their ass with bojutsu so simply and thought they'd join in on the festivities.

FinalBoss_FGC

You must play some retarded ass kung jins then. I get njp to death if im not careful into the easiest 40% of my life. If I try to get in the air with them, same problem. I try to close the space? Omg d2 covers like a fourth of midscreen. The poke I have to watch for because if I Fuck up at any point during or after the poke I catch a godlike ex armor spin that is near impossible to stuff to a easy ass 3 button 40%. But there are people that dive kick just because they saw someone kick their ass with bojutsu so simply and thought they'd join in on the festivities.
Nip doesn't lead to a 40% combo and neither does mb bo swing. Do not be afraid to play patiently vs Kung Jin. Stay just out of jump in range and they will get anxious. Once they jump in and whiff, full punish. Don't get antsy towards the end cuz KJ has the best comeback factor in the game, just stick to the gameplay.

ruff321

Noob

Are you actually generalizing KJ gameplan off of random online noobs?

FinalBoss_FGC

Even with scaled down damage, he still has the best reach/mix-up combination, decent projectiles, some of the best in-game wall-carry, 4 frame divekick, a nj2 that has good reach, and stiff safe overhead/low start up strings.

Kung jin is very good, and he's got a lot of tools that are pretty easy to use. On the other hand he's not the best at anything he does.

He's got decent mix ups, but other characters have far better ones(quan/erron), he can zone but is outclassed by almost every other zoner. He's got good reach, but takedas normals and ferra torrs out range him. He's got good frame data but he's nowhere near as safe as jax/Liu kang.

As he is he will always be a strong option but if any strategy is ever deemed stronger than others he will at best be top 5 not top 3.

Last edited:

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
Good luck timing that F3 shit on my Kung Lao. Big cousin has to show little cousin who's the boss around here.

Plus if I use delayed wakeups? It ain't happening.

Scoot Magee

Nah.. This is a spit in the face...

Plus, the Archer Variation isn't really the one that's used most anyway..

I wonder if my fellow Archers agree? @RM Cossner @ando1184 @Scoot Magee @7L @Jimmypotato @SimSim
Im sure ancestral will have its uses. People are just stuck on bojitsu because he can convert to big damage in a lot of situations. Imo people are over reacting about Kung Jin just like they are about a lot of stuff in this game.

What annoys me is how people say how easy kj is to use. He's good but he has plenty of flaws that people need to realize. Instead of finding ways to beat the character people come here and bitch because they know nrs can patch the game.

This is why patching can be hurtful to a game. Instead of people finding a way around something they beg for nerfs and buffs. Then they nerf a character, take tools away and another character gets buffed even though they had tools to deal with what was nerfed all along but people cried and bitched instead of finding them. Now the nerfed character is screwed and all the people crying have unnecessary buffs.